Diya Aur Baati Hum

Nothing Inspirational-The Plight of Indian Telly Bahus~-VBNOTE.PG8 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 8

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 8
Page 4 Page 8

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --jas--

complerely agree with every point ... good to see finally someone has come up with these points in this forum Clap

actually i was shocked when sandhya beendhini's only remorse was not keeping bhabho and surajji's promise and no feelings for terminating the ips career of one talented cadet ,the one who truly deserves BCT ... felt like has sandhya lost the humanity she had ...
Thanks Jas. It is futile to voice opinions in this forum as you are either CONDONED or advised to stop making posts or better still being mocked upon.
None the less ,I always like interesting discussions and you're welcome to participate and voice your opinion freelySmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NeerjalaherMR21nneeiill

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nothing Inspirational-The Plight of Indian Telly Bahus~-VBNOTE.PG8 (Page 3)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolmausam

Its Easy to Nothing Inspirational untill and unless we get into a Fate of Sandhya.
Trust me dear It's equally hard for me to write when I write that there is nothing INSPIRATIONAL.Fate like Sandhya?Sans the tragedy of being tricked into marriage .Yes!!Somehow yes -I have no qualms accepting openly ,I had a fate somehow similar to hers.
  • Born in a very Modern family where women are treated with respect and are taught to have free and liberal thinking
  • Married into a household where women were supposed to be nothing but doormats
  • Tyrannical MIL  yes
  • FIL more strict and orthodox where we did not even had the right to raise our eyes in his presence and could not sit on the same place where he was
  • SIL yes ..
  • In short a even more fearful set up than this so called TRADITIONAL family
  • The only Difference I Had a VOICE my husband too 
  • So I know what I am writing .Who better than me ?Ain't it
Trust me just to meekly bow down to injustice in the name of being TRADITIONAL  is what that bugs me.
A person mutely bearing injustice is an equal culprit..that is my problem with Sandhya.
If A Woman working does not mean she has to Forget her Responsibilities towards her Family
If a Working Woman wears embroidery sarees and jewels it does not mean she is a Typical Bahu, a minimal Look is Good to keep with as long as its not inconvenient to her.We should not Forget she is a Human she too has emotions 
My problem has never been with women in serials being clad in a saree.MY PROBLEM HAS BEEN STEREOTYPING.Saree is an official dress I do wear it too...to each his own ...a person is free to wear whatever he feels like but my problem is with the glorification of Saree clad women by demeaning others who do not wear it...
Every job has its own demands,its dress code and code of conduct...
lawyers wear black coat because its the decorum of their uniform..
doctors wear white coats so that protects them from soiling inner clothings also taki thoda ganda ho toh pata chal jayein and infection does not spread..They even tie their hair so that a single baal does not fall on wounds..We cut out nails with no nail polish for hygiene reasons..
Similarly with IPS comes responsibilities and demands too..
So when all others in training academy were busy ith training why was Sandhya being portrayed as an IDEAL woman while others not.
HAIR CUTTING IS Also REQUIRED BECAUSE WHEN A REAL LIFE FIGHT OCCURS..IT IS VERY EASY TO OVERPOWER THE ENEMY BY FORCEFULLY GRIPPING HER LONG HAIR.THE SHORTER THE HAIR LESSER ARE THE CHANCES OF BEING OVERPOWERED...Why do you think army men keep their hair trimmed so that wo kisi bhi enemy k grip mein na aye..Police is not a joke...Sirf mock race lagana hi police giri nahi hoti..
Why are they making it an issue associating it with FEMINISM...BIG DEAL...JOB MILTI HAI TOH USKA DECORUM MAINTAIN KARNA HOTA HAI ...Code of conduct and grooming follow karna padta hai...FEMINISM IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE LENGTH OF YOUR HAIR...Sandy is not working for a cosmetic brand or hair salon or a saree shop ..she is an IPS Officer for which she needs to follow rules of conduct..
I hate how they are portraying it as if its a war bw ADARSH BHARATIYA NARI AND HER LONG HAIR SABHYATA and how the IPS is supposed to be twisted to suit her feminismConfused
She too had a Personal Life.and cant be a Professional doormat all the time Leaving her Personal Life.
I specially love this term you used.Yes Indeed there are professional Doormats too.Wish any show had the sense to cater to the 68 percent Urban population according to the census in 2013 who have careers and HIGHLIGHT the woes of being a PROFESSIONAL DOORMAT ,where careers and job givers are exploited.I wish any show had the guts to make such a show which the other half of the India could identify with.I would love to discuss it in such a show if ever such a character is etched out.
With a Husband like him,There is No wrong to Have BCT to Live Happily with her Husband,Family and doing job.
She want to make her Family Happy , like Zakir want to Acheive his Brothers aim and make his Family Happy.
Would like to slightly DISAGREE here.I AGREE people and specially a woman should have a well balanced life but IPS is not merely a JOB..It's a way of life.
Imagine if a doctor says Oh I will serve a posting in Pushkar only because I have my husband there who will serve in remote areas ??If a soldier at the border says Ahh I would not live here and should get a posting near the cosy comforts of my house then probably you and me wouldn't be able to DISCUSS  this show even...
See the main point of difference in our OPINIONS is that you are probably viewing IPS as just another career but I  view it as a penance and responsibility of life time.Such are NOBLE proffessions where you pledge to serve with devotion without even an iota of confusion or detachment.
I agree she is HUMAN at the end of the day but Police is an epitome of responsibility.It can be merged with other jobs where the security and safety of nation does not lie in your hands.Times will come when her tyrannical saas will pull her down ,she will again be in doldrums??

she has Different shades in her-A Daughter,a wife ,A Bahu,A Bhabi, A Working Woman
A Woman is a human like any other to have emotions and Balance all her Different Sahdes.
Who said she cannot be human ?
But she cannot put the huge responsibility as IPS just to BALANCE her life..
BTW Why should she balance?Why can't she just left free to fly and give herself for her dreams without being pressurised .Isn't it too much for a lady to always weigh her and make her BALANCE Everything.
LET HER BREATHE and LIVE HER DREAM.Is this too much to ask for ??

Sandhya is Not only a Bahu also she can Sacrifise her Life to her country and a smart girl in Decoding Tricky Jobs
An Ispirtional Woman is the one who is Successful in her Professional and Personal Life

I Find her Successfull in Both areas.
Sadly I do not see any such quality in her.All the time she is either worried about Bhabho or worried about her posting or her family duties.She could have actually trained herself to actually deserve the BCT and not win it by fluke

Edited by manzilmukul - 13 April 2014 at 10:18am

NeerjalaherMR21nneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PadBear

I have stopped being shocked by Sandy's behaviour now.  Missing that last shot and immediately...Bhhabooo!   ... was really in bad taste, but I am not surprised.  Basically all I see is, Sandy muddling along, having next to no confidence.  But the entire training track is geared towards making things fall into her lap and make her succeed.  It is complete fiction and fiction that doesn't inspire at all. So contrived that it's funny - and that's about the best I can say about what I saw recently.
Paddy I love your sarcastic posts .Though haven't been much around due to work commitments but I still remember your fun posts.The show has actually either boils my blood or I have a good laugh at it..
@BOLD--Gags gags!!I so wanted to see Sandhya being tormented for not being able to shoot properly lamenting on how she not only lost a dream trophy but also finished someone else's career.But nahi ji...Aaa music and bhabhoDeadThough the show claimed to be a work of exemplary  work of art but appears just a lurid display of Indianised pulp fiction

NeerjalaherMR21nneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Much appreciated Sonali .Indeed humbled that inspite of finding it so boring you actually survived through it and took such amount of your valuable time to type out such an elaborate reply.OH ,it also amazes that you could actually remember what I wrote eons of ages ago.Indeed humbled again.
Indeed as mentioned and constantly reminded by you,It would have been challenging my human sensibilities to type the same thing again and again everydaySmile
@BOLD Thanks for the advise again but none taken as no one has the right to tell INSTRUCT me in a Public forum on what I need to do or not.
If it's not rhetorical to write Wow how fantastic the show is,then condoning it Isn't a crime either??Is it ??I will continue to write ILLOGICAL posts repeatedlySmile  if I wish so.
Since Your time is precious,I would not write any such more ILLOGICAL BORING STUFF so that you again have to type another reply.Both saved the HORROR .
Just a few points
  • Is IPS just another profession?
  • Is living a dream unworthy unless you have to PROVE yourself to your family?
  • Does family stand above country and your duty ?
  • What is the point of support of a husband who stands mute while a wife is being insulted publicly?
  • What is the marital bliss which we talk about in RP?Cooking day and night , bearing curses day and night and being insulted is not marital bliss as far as I know ?Is it?
  • Entertainment shouldn't be voyeuristic or should be ?

Originally posted by Sonali_11

If you never wanted to make a post in this forum again, then I would say It was a good move actually  theres no need to write the same kind of thing over and over again ...I remember you made a similar post sometime back also...Actually I never thought I'll reply such illogical and boring post , but yeah I was not doing anything right now...So just giving my view.

Many people watch indian shows or even movies for a good entertainment, it doesn't necessarily mean that u have to find something inspirational or not so inspirational...Secondly  , there can be things which can be appealing to some while they maybe rubbish for some..so not an issue anyways...

The characters of Suraj and Sandhya are not flawless but they are written very deeply and this is why people connect with them ..DABH is a traditional show and tries to cast a positive spell..
Sandhya and Suraj both give a lot of preference to their family  but at the same time , Suraj knew how to go against her mother and make his  wife achieve her dream...I doubt there are many men who would want their wife to be more successful then them.( Being a halwai , he understood what sandhya's dream means to her ...has  done so much for his wife actually) ..
The thing which attracted me towards this show was its concept , husband wife relationship has been shown so  beautifully , I doubt another show can ever do it so nicely even in the coming years...

Sandhya gives a lot of preference to her family, but then again whats wrong in that? Does being an IPS mean u should forget ur family? when she was attending Chavi's wedding she acted like a good bahu, now she is is giving importance to her country by saving officer singh..Sandhya is a confident and smart girl, in other shows I hardly see such girls.In the upcoming tracks she will balance both family and work ..Sandhya considers Bhabo and babasa her parents, and if u have a husband like Suraj u would automatically be good to his family..In the case of Bhabo too, there have been numerous tracks when she admitted her wrong doing and in the end supported Sandhya.

Although there are flaws but DABH has been trying to give good msgs  or atleast tried ...

If Bhabo wants Sandhya to win BCT trophy or Sandhya wants to win it for the family whats so wrong in that? bhabo knows what Sandhya is capable of , Also if  Bhabo  wants Suraj to get marital bliss just like her other sons are getting theres nothing wrong in that  ...
BCT is something because of which all cadets wil try to give out their best, Just like when u are a student  there are first , second and third positions given according to how many marks u get in all the subjects, same is the case with BCT.

Edited by manzilmukul - 13 April 2014 at 11:09am

NeerjalaherMR21nneeiill

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
@piu:

well said ..

how come whenever we try to make some point in this forum we see bunch of members asking us to stop or going on enlightening us
and all of a sudden our thread becomes active just coz we r not saying what majority believes in...
it happens everywhere...but as u said no one has any right to tell us what to write and  not...

NeerjalaherMR21manzilmukul

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Deepika_bigfan

@Manzilmukul, thoughtful points I agree with some, but I disagree with some of them.  Since you added a PS not to make you see logic, this is for the others who would like to know.

Thanks SmileOpen to healthy debates and I actually chose to reply to you because I really like some points you said with dignity.

Type casting is not good and since it is universal it is obvious there are advantages to the creators in portraying the character. But there is nothing wrong in a bahu trying to be good looking or wearing embroidered dresses and jewellery.  Just as a man dresses up to go to his profession, a "home maker" (bahu's profession) should be good to dress up as long as she enjoys it and not imposed.

I would like to point out that typecasting is shown not just for women but to everybody - for example a good husband and a successful professional man are shown in similar stereotypes. A high ranking professional is shown to be abnormally rude, snobby and bossy just to make a point!  My point is - we just need to mentally filter them and see through it. In any case, in Sandhya's case, she is not shown as dumb, docile, etc.. and in fact she is the smartest in the family. 

In my opinion it is wrong to imply negativity (door mat, etc) to a girl who is shown as a "good" bahu, and implying an aggressive, rebellious image as progressive and desirable (a reverse stereotype?).  I know it is controversial, and I am open for the brickbats!

That is what I am trying to say Why stereotype anyone??If 32 % of the Indian population is rural who loves stereotypes then 68% are on the other side too..Why constantly demean them to Glorify the "Good " bahu...

BTW What is your definition your good bahu?

• Clad in saree 
  • not opening the mouth even after being tortured
  • constantly confused
  • and just bearing insults quietly?
STEREOTYPE Ain't it ??In this age where crimes against women are so rampant ,when we need overhauling of the entire system,we are still stuck in the debate of who is more desirable ?docile or rebellious.Sorry but I will prerfer women who are rebellious ,who can stand tall against any kind of wrong doing.Silently suffering is also equally being a partner in nurturing the seed of regression.

IPS has a lot of halo around it (another stereotype!).

No it is not!!IPS is indeed about PRIDE,POWER,GLORY RESPONSIBILITY and strength from within.It's not a stereotype but an essential demand of the glory and responsibility associated with it

It is said that one has to forget their families to be a good IPS - it is as wrong as forgetting one's professional life to be a good bahu/husband. True that their professional lives are highly demanding and family lives are affected (like in many other professions), but to "forget" family is going a bit too far (a professional door-mat?).  IPS are indeed allowed and encouraged to a work-life a balance (there are specific training programs for them for this as part of stress management). There are as many happily married IPS officers as in any other profession. I think the next phase of DABH is on how Sandhya IPS balances her work and family. I hope viewers will not exclaim "What?! IPS officer cooking for her family!". 

The trophy - it is a recognition and encouragement to bring out the excellence in skill, performance and success, not as a starting point for a list of "additional" responsibilities on the winner. This is true even for a Bharat Ratna. Tendulkar's life is not going to change even after getting it. Whatever responsibility that goes with it is more emotional and self-imposed than formal expectation. ALL IPS officers have SAME level of expectation at work, whether the BEST cadet or the WORST cadet.

My point is, even after becoming IPS and winning the tropy, Sandhya is absolutely right in expecting to be posted close to home to strike the work-life balance. 

Would like to slightly DISAGREE here.I AGREE people and specially a woman should have a well balanced life but IPS is not merely a JOB..It's a way of life.
Imagine if a doctor says Oh I will serve a posting in Pushkar only because I have my husband there who will serve in remote areas ??If a soldier at the border says Ahh I would not live here and should get a posting near the cosy comforts of my house then probably you and me wouldn't be able to DISCUSS  this show even...
See the main point of difference in our OPINIONS is that you are probably viewing IPS as just another career but I  view it as a penance and responsibility of life time.Such are NOBLE professions where you pledge to serve with devotion without even an iota of confusion or attachment.
I am a doctor myself  ,though I do not practise anymore but when I used to two years ago t,there were times,I had to leave my husband in fever ,I had miss family weddings why ?Because my duty came first to me.Also we are posted in different cities just because of our responsibilities towards mankind specially my husband who has been serving in a remote village since last 5 years.He could have easily paid some bribe and got a posting near me in the city as I have different dreams than him and I am working in an entirely different scenario now. And we are STILL in MARITAL BLISS.
 He CHOSE to serve the poor ,because being a doctor is a matter of responsibility.If everyone will love to live near comforts who will think of the society. With GREAT power comes GREAT RESPONSIBILITY right?The same applies for women too 
I agree she is HUMAN at the end of the day but Police is an epitome of responsibility.It can't be merged with other jobs where the security and safety of nation does not lie in your hands.Times will come when her tyrannical saas will pull her down ,she will again be in doldrums??
Also I cannot believe you compared a police officer to Sachin TendulkarConfusedDo you even realise ?What bharat Ratna means ? He has earned it because of his invaluable contribution to the field in cricket. Has Sandhya done anything to earn it till now. Sachin's life has changed after Bharat Ratna...His name has gone into history and from now on he will be given the upadhi of BHarat Ratna..Ain't it a proud responsibility in itself.
@bold Perhaps this is the only Point I absolutely agree with.

One point I strongly oppose in Manzilmukul's post is that Sandhya is suffering in "dharma, parampara, pratishta and samman". On the contrary, woman is given high importance in our Dharma and Parampara and a woman is the pratishta and samman of every family. There are always digressions and wrong practices, but the spirit of our dharma is always to regard woman in high esteem. One needs to understand the real intent and meaning of our dharma, identify the wrong practices and shun them. It is absolutely wrong to imply that our dharma needs to be rejected, just to be progressive.

@BOLD ,Please do Go back and do read my sentence again..I have said- "  Sandhya is suffering in the NAME of  "dharma, parampara, pratishta and samman".

Perhaps you had replied when I was still editing the typos of spelling errors which I tend to do often after typing quickly.While I am typing this ,I am still colour coding the original text.Life is busy which makes it difficult to make a post typo free in one go.I hope it makes sense now what I am trying to say.

A single word NAME changes the entire meaning of what I am trying to say.

Even if the 'name' word was not there then also my statement does not imply that I am condoning our dharma altogether...

I will describe what  dharma really is-

If she is suffering ,it cannot be dharma and samman as the entire definition of dharma itself says its free from suffering.

Also ,please do not remind me what our scriptures,traditions etc say or consider women to be ...

...I have personally read all vedas and maximum scriptures  including all the six astik darshans and 3 nastik ones too and what exactly they say about women ,body ,soul moksha ,amrriage etc etc.I have passed Sanskrit too in my graduation.What you must not be aware that there are several stanzas in the vedas and smritis that demeans the women too.There lot of Diabolical statements and some really HIGHLY offensive ones due to gradual change in society when Vedas were sabotaged by Caste propagation and  when it became out of bound  for women.

@BOLD who said that ?Did I ?

Agreed that our dharma ,traditions and culture respects women but as Mrs Ojha said ..I can see nothing of that sort in Sandhya's family even now when  Santos blasted her for getting some XYZ samagri in place of what bhabho wanted to get her. And Sandhya remains calm. Is that dharma?Her husband never utters a word in favour of her in front of his mother?Is that Dharma?

"Anyaya ko maun rehkar sehne wala bhi utna hi paapi hota hai jitna anyaya karne wala",Another teaching of Lord Krishna

Well Coming back to dharma. Interestingly No dharma is absolute. Time and again Dharma and traditions have to be pooled in  thought process and reworked upon.

Yato-bhyudayanihsreyasa-siddhih sa dharmah.
That which leads to the attainment of Abhyudaya (prosperity in this world) and Nihsreyasa (total cessation of pain and attainment of eternal bliss hereafter)
is Dharma.

I do not see any Abhyudaya in insulting a nari in front of everyone and killing her dreams.I see no Nihsreyasa in Sandhya's life.So how can it be called Dharma.

Lord Krishna has himself said - " Purani paramparein jo ki humari bediyan banti hain..they are like putrid fruits.They are being carried on to generations just because our dhram teaches us to value fruits.They become obnoxious ,though we are not able to swallow it but we keep it with us due to dharma.A true human being detaches himself from the Moh of that putrid fruit and fetches new fruits for himself."

While  the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way constitute traditions but they need to be re-thought upon according to the needs of time.

Suffering in the NAME of Dharma is WRONG. Dhrama should be the cause of Abhyudaya and not GlaniSmile

• Lord Krishna's message to Arjuna was crisp and clear in Gita... uphold Dharma (righteousness) under all circumstances of life. Even if one had to defy one's own family, well-wishers and friends..

So I am not saying that we SHOULD SHUN DHARMA.I am saying We should always UNDERSTAND THE TRUE Meaning of DHARMA

Agreed that the Sandhya's character has shortcomings, it is not perfect and ideal, just like any real human being.  Some things are not exactly inspiring if looked at individual event level.  But what inspires me is the very fact that someone who is cheated into her marriage, that too into an incompatible family, instead of just being depressed and crying for her fate, actually changed her fate and that too by love, honesty, courage and hard work. She will have happiness both at home and work and she will also make her family and country proud. She is exemplary AT THIS LEVEL and needs to be emulated.
Sorry for long post!

@BOLD Disagree..All that I have seen her is doing everything to please Bhabho whether its making herself accepted as her DIL or bearing matka phodo tortures and now this Whole BCT trophy fiasco.

BTW !!Why sorry.It was good to DISCUSS rather than MOCK each other for having DIFFERENT view points.Loved replying.Smile
Well ,I am just trying to say something which is actually happily being ignored for quite some time
Should I be inspired from Sandhya or learn from this show ??
What should I learn?
  • How to PROVE to the World that a WOMAN  has to constantly be under scanner.
  • How to justify Abuse of MIL's in the name of Respect and Sanskaar ?
For me the show is HIGHLY UNREALISTIC.
There is nothing INSPIRATIONAL about the show...The show is about ASPIRATION.

Inspiration is the process by which the mental stimulation takes place to do or feel something, whereas aspiration defines a hope of fulfillment of achievements.

There is nothing in Sandhya that stimulates me to believe and have faith.

The Oxford Dictionary defines inspiration as "the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative". It denotes that some kind of influence is involved in the process of stimulation. In simple words, inspiration deals with influence which motivates one to do something. To be inspired, the most important thing is the source of inspiration. This is the entity under whose influence, you would do something. This source can be another person, a song, a painting, a story, a photograph, and many other numerous things.

The Oxford Dictionary defines aspiration as "a hope or ambition of achieving something". The sentence "I aspire to be a doctor", it clearly indicates the wish of the concerned person to become a doctor. Aspirations form hopes and these hopes are seen for future. Aspirations form an integral part of human wants. Future is unpredictable, but people with their dreamy eyes, dream of a future that will fulfill their desires. It can define the type of person you want to be, the life that you want for yourself, or anything that you feel would be good to be associated with your identity. Aspiration means that you are always short from reaching to the point you aspire, because once you achieved success in what you had aspired, then it will no longer be an aspiration.

My Frustration is that the story is Aspirational -Which denotes the aspirations  of many women  who can do nothing but ASPIRE -whether it is fulfilled or not ..is another story.Hence the massive TRP's. The story is not about REAL  women or CHARACTERS...It is just a projection of ASPIRATIONS coming TRUE in the WORST UNREALISTIC POSSIBLE MANNER.

Let's agree to Disagree  and I rest my case hereSmileMight not be able to continue as a little busy.Will wait for a show which DARES to xplore PROFESSIONAL Doormats.Will meet there for sure as I have lots to say about them too

Edited by manzilmukul - 13 April 2014 at 1:14pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NeerjalaherMR21-Amli-nneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nneeiill

@piu:

well said ..

how come whenever we try to make some point in this forum we see bunch of members asking us to stop or going on enlightening us
and all of a sudden our thread becomes active just coz we r not saying what majority believes in...
it happens everywhere...but as u said no one has any right to tell us what to write and  not...

Neilu ...No one can make me believe what I don't and I CHOSE not to go PERSONAL while trying to DISCUSS.Mud Slinging/MOCKING is something we CONDONE and Absolutely Refuse to INDULGE myself in.

We are here to express our PERCEPTION OR DISCUSSION  of the show - EXACTLY WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE FORUM...

MUD SLINGING  on MY BELIEF  and COUNTER ATTACKING with Arguments of how I SHOULD WATCH AND NOT WATCH OR GIVING ME OPTIONS is a CURTAILMENT OF MY FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.

• I absolutely REFUSE  to TONE DOWN MY LIBERTY OF SPEECH  within the code of conduct.
  • I absolutely RESENT  the way the characters are handled
  • I absolutely DEMEAN  the PATHETIC  ways the so called TRP- Grosser use to GLORIFY REGRESSION 
  • I absolutely ABHOR  the kind of PERSONAL  attacks HURLED  on us 
  • I absolutely QUESTION everyone here...IS IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT IT IS A forum  and not a DEFENSIVE AND OFFENSIVE FIGHTCLUB?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NeerjalaherMR21

Sonali_11

Goldie

Sonali_11

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by manzilmukul

Much appreciated Sonali .Indeed humbled that inspite of finding it so boring you actually survived through it and took such amount of your valuable time to type out such an elaborate reply.OH ,it also amazes that you could actually remember what I wrote eons of ages ago.Indeed humbled again.
Indeed as mentioned and constantly reminded by you,It would have been challenging my human sensibilities to type the same thing again and again everydaySmile
@BOLD Thanks for the advise again but none taken as no one has the right to tell INSTRUCT me in a Public forum on what I need to do or not.
If it's not rhetorical to write Wow how fantastic the show is,then condoning it Isn't a crime either??Is it ??I will continue to write ILLOGICAL posts repeatedlySmile  if I wish so.
Since Your time is precious,I would not write any such more ILLOGICAL BORING STUFF so that you again have to type another reply.Both saved the HORROR .
Just a few points
    Is IPS just another profession? Is living a dream unworthy unless you have to PROVE yourself to your family? Does family stand above country and your duty ? What is the point of support of a husband who stands mute while a wife is being insulted publicly? What is the marital bliss which we talk about in RP?Cooking day and night , bearing curses day and night and being insulted is not marital bliss as far as I know ?Is it?
  • Entertainment shouldn't be voyeuristic or should be ?

Originally posted by Sonali_11

If you never wanted to make a post in this forum again, then I would say It was a good move actually  theres no need to write the same kind of thing over and over again ...I remember you made a similar post sometime back also...Actually I never thought I'll reply such illogical and boring post , but yeah I was not doing anything right now...So just giving my view.

Many people watch indian shows or even movies for a good entertainment, it doesn't necessarily mean that u have to find something inspirational or not so inspirational...Secondly  , there can be things which can be appealing to some while they maybe rubbish for some..so not an issue anyways...

The characters of Suraj and Sandhya are not flawless but they are written very deeply and this is why people connect with them ..DABH is a traditional show and tries to cast a positive spell..
Sandhya and Suraj both give a lot of preference to their family  but at the same time , Suraj knew how to go against her mother and make his  wife achieve her dream...I doubt there are many men who would want their wife to be more successful then them.( Being a halwai , he understood what sandhya's dream means to her ...has  done so much for his wife actually) ..
The thing which attracted me towards this show was its concept , husband wife relationship has been shown so  beautifully , I doubt another show can ever do it so nicely even in the coming years...

Sandhya gives a lot of preference to her family, but then again whats wrong in that? Does being an IPS mean u should forget ur family? when she was attending Chavi's wedding she acted like a good bahu, now she is is giving importance to her country by saving officer singh..Sandhya is a confident and smart girl, in other shows I hardly see such girls.In the upcoming tracks she will balance both family and work ..Sandhya considers Bhabo and babasa her parents, and if u have a husband like Suraj u would automatically be good to his family..In the case of Bhabo too, there have been numerous tracks when she admitted her wrong doing and in the end supported Sandhya.

Although there are flaws but DABH has been trying to give good msgs  or atleast tried ...

If Bhabo wants Sandhya to win BCT trophy or Sandhya wants to win it for the family whats so wrong in that? bhabo knows what Sandhya is capable of , Also if  Bhabo  wants Suraj to get marital bliss just like her other sons are getting theres nothing wrong in that  ...
BCT is something because of which all cadets wil try to give out their best, Just like when u are a student  there are first , second and third positions given according to how many marks u get in all the subjects, same is the case with BCT.

I already mentioned I was not doing anything and just wanted to kill some time so thought of replying , Otherwise I wouldn't have Tongue...I have a really good memory and remember even the oldest of things , I should compliment it for remembering the post u made ages ago .
As you said its a public forum, so u also shouldn't instruct me if I should give sugesstions or not ..You said u never thought u woud  make a post in this forum, tht is why I said it was a good move .
The fans of DABH too, look at both the positive and negative points of the serial, no one praises it endlessly...Even for the last week episode I repeatedly wrote how dragging they have been.. The thing is when I weigh the bad points and good points, good points always win over..

Other shows on Television are neither inspirational nor interesting, So if you could tell me what else have u been watching thts so inspirational tht you find Bahu and IPS sandhya not so inspirational ?

Forget about IPS being not just another profession , My point was does being an IPS mean u should forget ur family? Shashi Mam the writer of this show personally  met some lady IPS officers and many are balancing home and career well ...If Sandhya does tht whats the big deal ? You can't really compare the importance of family , country and duty  as they all hold equal importance in my eyes ...

As far as Suraj's character is concerned it has really grown a lot since the show started , there have been times when he was totally mute in front of Bhabo , but many times he openly stood by his wife ...Since the time he got to know about Sandhya's dream , He has been expectional ..Hs done every little thing against the wishes of Bhabo ..

Suraj left his house for Sandhya's dream ...He has stopped eating sweets because of Sandhya .DONE a lot more, wont go into details  ..You should see all  aspects of him before commenting.. If you think he stands mute infront of Bhabo then why does she think hes a joru Ka ghulam ?  On few occasions he was all mute, but did  he ever stop Sandhya to argue with Bhabo , or  prove Bhabo wrong ?

Are our bfs , husbands or fiancee's so perfect that we find flaws in such a supportive husband? I know that's a personal question , but how many times ur husband has fought with his mother for you ? Why do we expect such a perfection on tv when real life lacks it all?

Vikram is a henpecked husband and so Is  suraj , Only Mohit is the worst ...Almost all the girls have to cook for their inlaws in their life , whats the big deal if Rathi bahus do it Confused, even Chavi and Bhabo cook too.
Bearing curses day and night Confused? I thought in DABH through Sandhya and Bhabo , they have been showing clashes between modern and traditional mindset, and in the end Bhabo supports Sandhya and is proved wrong.Being from such a conservative background Bhabo has toned down a bit .. Do u think such houses exist  in real where fights don't happen ?

Its just that some people take out the positive things from whatever they are watching, while few focus on the negative things only..According to me , marital bliss is having a supporting and loving husband ,You can survive if u have a bad mother in law but can't survive if you have a bad husband.. In Sandhya's case ... she survived in the house because of Suraj

Forget about whats entertainment , The thing is , watch something which interests you ...If you don't like something simply don't watch ...I don't have time to invest on things I don't like usually , Many shows come on tv and I dislike milions of things about them , but doesn't mean I'll go to their forums and give opinions which wont matter to ppl who like it.

Edited by Sonali_11 - 13 April 2014 at 10:45pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

parth26ilovepyaar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top