Diya Aur Baati Hum

Nothing Inspirational-The Plight of Indian Telly Bahus~-VBNOTE.PG8 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 3 Page 8

..Anusha..

IF-Sizzlerz

..Anusha..

Posted: 12 April 2014 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
I have stopped being shocked by Sandy's behaviour now.  Missing that last shot and immediately...Bhhabooo!   ... was really in bad taste, but I am not surprised.  Basically all I see is, Sandy muddling along, having next to no confidence.  But the entire training track is geared towards making things fall into her lap and make her succeed.  It is complete fiction and fiction that doesn't inspire at all. So contrived that it's funny - and that's about the best I can say about what I saw recently.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Mrs_OjhaNeerjalaherb2011Deebz-Ramya-MR21-Amli-arti07manzilmukul

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nothing Inspirational-The Plight of Indian Telly Bahus~-VBNOTE.PG8 (Page 2)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sonali_11

Goldie

Sonali_11

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 2:32am | IP Logged

If you never wanted to make a post in this forum again, then I would say It was a good move actually  theres no need to write the same kind of thing over and over again ...I remember you made a similar post sometime back also...Actually I never thought I'll reply such illogical and boring post , but yeah I was not doing anything right now...So just giving my view.

Many people watch indian shows or even movies for a good entertainment, it doesn't necessarily mean that u have to find something inspirational or not so inspirational...Secondly  , there can be things which can be appealing to some while they maybe rubbish for some..so not an issue anyways...

The characters of Suraj and Sandhya are not flawless but they are written very deeply and this is why people connect with them ..DABH is a traditional show and tries to cast a positive spell..
Sandhya and Suraj both give a lot of preference to their family  but at the same time , Suraj knew how to go against her mother and make his  wife achieve her dream...I doubt there are many men who would want their wife to be more successful then them.( Being a halwai , he understood what sandhya's dream means to her ...has  done so much for his wife actually) ..
The thing which attracted me towards this show was its concept , husband wife relationship has been shown so  beautifully , I doubt another show can ever do it so nicely even in the coming years...

Sandhya gives a lot of preference to her family, but then again whats wrong in that? Does being an IPS mean u should forget ur family? when she was attending Chavi's wedding she acted like a good bahu, now she is is giving importance to her country by saving officer singh..Sandhya is a confident and smart girl, in other shows I hardly see such girls.In the upcoming tracks she will balance both family and work ..Sandhya considers Bhabo and babasa her parents, and if u have a husband like Suraj u would automatically be good to his family..In the case of Bhabo too, there have been numerous tracks when she admitted her wrong doing and in the end supported Sandhya.

Although there are flaws but DABH has been trying to give good msgs  or atleast tried ...

If Bhabo wants Sandhya to win BCT trophy or Sandhya wants to win it for the family whats so wrong in that? bhabo knows what Sandhya is capable of , Also if  Bhabo  wants Suraj to get marital bliss just like her other sons are getting theres nothing wrong in that  ...
BCT is something because of which all cadets wil try to give out their best, Just like when u are a student  there are first , second and third positions given according to how many marks u get in all the subjects, same is the case with BCT.

Edited by Sonali_11 - 13 April 2014 at 2:40am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

SK_Hydb2011-ShahMSDian-dabh9ilovepyaarnirubathala

Mrs_Ojha

Groupbie

Mrs_Ojha

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 2:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Deepika_bigfan

On the contrary, woman is given high importance in our Dharma and Parampara and a woman is the pratishta and samman of every family. There are always digressions and wrong practices, but the spirit of our dharma is always to regard woman in high esteem. One needs to understand the real intent and meaning of our dharma, identify the wrong practices and shun them. It is absolutely wrong to imply that our dharma needs to be rejected, just to be progressive.

So far I have not seen any kind of respect given by any family members to Sandy except of her own husband. And even Suraj keeps his mouth shut in front of his mother. So what kind of 'high esteem'  are we talking about here.
Sandy's life in RM is like life in prison. She cannot even make one step without fear of being harrassed by her in-laws in front of the whole Hanuman gali. Really, is this a kind of life that we want for our daughters?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjalaherb2011FairyChikMR21leo4evermanzilmukuldabh9

niruba

IF-Sizzlerz

niruba

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 2:54am | IP Logged
well said sonali...

whether a character can be an inspiration or not, it depends on the individual ...so im not here to defend that sandhya is the best...Sandhya may not be an inspirational for all people but at least she is far far better than most female lead portrayed in current indian shows...that's all I have to say...

Edited by niruba - 13 April 2014 at 2:54am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-Ramya-dabh9thala

SK_Hyd

SK_Hyd

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mrs_Ojha

Originally posted by Deepika_bigfan

On the contrary, woman is given high importance in our Dharma and Parampara and a woman is the pratishta and samman of every family. There are always digressions and wrong practices, but the spirit of our dharma is always to regard woman in high esteem. One needs to understand the real intent and meaning of our dharma, identify the wrong practices and shun them. It is absolutely wrong to imply that our dharma needs to be rejected, just to be progressive.

So far I have not seen any kind of respect given by any family members to Sandy except of her own husband. And even Suraj keeps his mouth shut in front of his mother. So what kind of 'high esteem'  are we talking about here.
Sandy's life in RM is like life in prison. She cannot even make one step without fear of being harrassed by her in-laws in front of the whole Hanuman gali. Really, is this a kind of life that we want for our daughters?

@Mrs_ojha, the point I made was a general one, not specifically to Sandhya. But even if it is applied to Sandhya, my perception is that, now her in-laws do respect her a lot. There could be a difference in perceptions and also in value systems. If it is viewed in a more "individualistic" (western) value, then what you said is true. But if it is viewed in a "family" value, then it is different. 

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nneeiill

you said it all piu

i am appalled at how they are showing their main lead who is supposed to be an inspiration but naa..seeing her plight i dont think any bahu would ever want to be an IPS officer ...

i mean what if tomorrow she gets a transfer to remote place?? what will sandhya beendhani and her so called bhabho will deal with the situation

these flashbacks of  bhabho n her saural in her mind when she should be only thinking about her devotion to country ...is so irritating to watchAngry

what is the use of winning BCT or in that matter this IPS training when u cant even come out of ur personal conflicts..such an uninspiring character...

Originally posted by MR21

Well said Piu...I completely agree with u...this character is so not inspirational...so unrealistic...ab toh trophy milegi...well CVs made sure that...aur family ke saath bhi rahegi...uske baad kya...she would not be able to perform her duty properly...when ever there would be any emergency, she would have to take her MIL permission to do her work which she claims as her DREAM...she would have to follow all the rules n regulations of her MIL rather than following the rules of an IPS officer...pati dev toh silent mode pe hi rahega hamesha ki tharah...such a pathetic treatment of a amazing concept...

@Neilu and Ramya 
It's worthless to express anything which should be a burning question to society.Indian TV will never changeConfused
As koolsadhu in one of the threads said Best cadet trophy is for consistent skills and not a bravery AWARD for showing bravery in one event which you were a part of accidentally

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

NeerjalaherPriya_990MR21arti07nneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Amli-

Nomoshkar Piu Di.Big smile.
Tu mi kemon aacho?Day Dreaming.
Nomoshkar ..ami bhalo achi ..
One single post and see how everyone pounces as if it's a crime to make a postLOLAnyways the FACT will always remain that this is a FREE FORUM  so I'll keep writing if I feel likeSmile

I have said plenty of times in the forum that I don't consider Sandhya as an inspirational figure because of the reasons you've pointed out in your main post. 
Yes pretty much !!

I'm coming from simple middle class family background and noticed/observed/analyzed how Indian women in India watches drama. Generally, they ain't bothered about real/unreal. They watches drama for the entertainment purpose and forget it. Don't bothered to remember/analyze it. Usually, it is in the forum we are involved too much with drama and characters. We take participate in the discussion and analyze it so deeply that even CVs of the show never bothered to think that much...!
Seriously CV's write for TRP's that's it.They do not go into layers etc..so I still cannot understand why we all women continue to support torture in the name of entertainment.

Now, In the beginning of the show producers of the show claimed that this story is inspired from real life. Sumit Mital once went to eat panipuri in Ahmedabad and came to know that panipuri man helped his wife to become an IPS/IAS officer. Shashi/Sumit Mital stayed many years in Ahmedabad before moving to Mumbai. I'm born and brought up in Gujarat and always tend to read/watch news from childhood but I never heard or remembered such a story published in any newspaper. If this claim is true then why Panipuri vala n his wife never came into limelight because this is show garnering high TRPs from long gap?Confused.

A very valid point Amisha..ClapClapClapCV's sensationalise things and thus feed upon the fantasies of people who fail to differenciate what should be IDEALLY Inspiring and what is not .
But ek baat toh hai..Indian mindset will never change because we have been programmed to bear torture in the name of traditions

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NeerjalaherMR21-Amli-nneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by malikakas

I was a bit annoyed too with the way they handled it. Personally I love Zakhir's tenacity to be the best. I actually felt he deserved the BCT until they destroyed his integrity with the compass disaster. 
AGREED!!Thus in my post I have never called Zakir the deserving one for BCT instead I have HIGHLIGHTED some aspects about how the message which we are giving to the society is wrong

I love Sandy but she really should've been putting her heart and soul into her training instead of worrying about appeasing her family. Loads of times family members can't attend someone's wedding due to work commitments. It's not the end of the world. Had Sandy used that time to improve her shooting skills it would be far more useful in the long run to serve her country. 
This is actually what I am actually wanting to see,Sandhya performing for herself and not for some STUPID pressure of getting a wonderful posting.

I am all for showing people that it is okay to have a well rounded life. Ie women can find a balance between career and family. But sometimes you have to prioritize and while she was in training that should have been her focus. 
Would like to slightly DISAGREE here.I AGREE people and specially a woman should have a well balanced life but IPS is not merely a JOB..It's a way of life.
Imagine if a doctor says Oh I will serve a posting in Pushkar only because I have my husband there who will serve in remote areas ??If a soldier at the border says Ahh I would not live here and should get a posting near the cosy comforts of my house then probably you and me wouldn't be able to DISCUSS  this show even...
See the main point of difference in our OPINIONS is that you are probably viewing IPS as just another career but I  view it as a penance and responsibility of life time.Such are NOBLE proffessions where you pledge to serve with devotion without even an iota of confusion or detachment.
I agree she is HUMAN at the end of the day but Police is an epitome of responsibility.It can be merged with other jobs where the security and safety of nation does not lie in your hands.Times will come when her tyrannical saas will pull her down ,she will again be in doldrums??

Overall though I think I am still impressed with where they have taken a show. They hooked the regular folk on to the saas bahu dramas and now are showing a bahu becoming more than just the typical, stay at home, housewife. It is definitely a step in the right direction compared to the usual completely docile bahus that we are used too. If this show is successful then we will see more and more creators taking this approach which will take female empowerment to the next level. Rome wasn't built in a day and its not easy to change mindsets. Sometimes you have to ease people into a change instead of just throwing a radical concept at them. 

I disagree here again.Being optimistic is good but how long should we be waiting for changing mindsets.Rome was not built in a day and yes I agree it takes time to bring any radical change in the society.But I really don't see any change in the way they are executing a beautiful message in such a bad manner.WHY SHOULD SHE BOW DOWN TO UNREASONABLE DEMANDS ?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NeerjalaherMR21nneeiill

Post Reply New Post

Go to top