Othello is the story of Rudar's father

noor2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi guys,
Many of you have been doing comparison of rudar and paro with shiv and paravati story and some of you have written about rudar being the character of othello. But what was surprising to me was that nobody has tried to analyse the relationship of rudar's mother and  father as rudar's beliefs about women's treachery indirectly comes from what his father had suffered in the past. I think that it was his father who was more of an othello and may be after his disability he turned negative towards his wife and at the end may be it was him who broke the relationship with his wife which made her leave the house and marry another person. And in return he has turned his son against women. I also believe that  mohini chachi also played her part in breaking rudar's family. Therefore, Paro and rudar are more like shiv and paravati than othello and his wife desdemona.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
That is one sound explanation I must say! It makes complete sense to me. This could be one way to prove that Mala was innocent else they have no choice but to show her as a woman who betrayed her husband. 
I really liked your take on it. Thanks for sharing your thoughtful perspective.
mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Agree with you! Sounds very logical!!