RRealization Dawns - Update Complete

Posted: 10 years ago

😊Last night, the CVs well and truly put the Maha into the episode and gave us twists, turns, curveballs, and such an array of emotions that it's difficult to list them forget put a name to them. Suffice to say that we got entertainment, food for thought, and for the soul. What an episode!!  

Realization dawned on Paro. Of her feelings for Rudra. And of the journey she'd made in her life that had brought her to this point. Finally, she realised why she'd dreamt of Rudra without seeing him for so many years. Why she'd asked Bholenath for a husband cast in His image. It hadn't been a coincidence or an accident that she'd met Rudra - it was destined. And knowing that, how could she leave Rudra and go away? No. She had to go to Rudra.

She had to tell Rudra everything. All about the doll. All about how fate had brought them together - repeatedly. All about their relationship that had grown stronger with every meeting. She had to court him with whatever it took, persuade him to believe in them, convince him that Rudra and Parvati were meant to be together.    

So, their doll clutched tight, smile on her face, stars in her eyes, wings under her feet, Paro flew to meet Rudra. And cannoned into Jija, who spilled the red powder dye just by the haveli's entrance. And turning back, Paro saw her footprints imprinted in the red, as though of a new bride entering her husband's home, and was cheered by the auspicious omen. 

Paro's timing couldn't have been better. For, Rudra was being primed by fate to open his heart and mind to her. Rudra had just received a call from Sumer. News that drained the colour from his face and spasmed his brows over eyes suddenly stripped of life as he tried to discover if Paro had agreed to the wedding. He'd been expecting it, but Sumer's reply still left him sucker-punched.  

Perhaps it was the sudden starvation of oxygen that unfurled the image of him preventing Sumer from wiping Paro's tears earlier in the day. He had stopped Sumer touching her then, consoling her. But what now after their marriage? Rudra closed his eyes to ward off the images flashing through his brain. Tried to walk off the churning in his gut, the agony, the restlessness. And then his eyes fell on the ribbon of sunshine by his dustbin.

He crouched and pulled it free - the cloth Paro had used to bind his cut palm. And was assaulted by memories of Paro's hand covering his while they did the Ganesh aarti, then as they did the Shiv aarti, as though they were a couple - meant to be together. Of Paro saving his life from the bullet in the mela! She had cared for him. He'd stake his life on that.  

But then what had that other been? Burning her hands on the hot tava so that she wouldn't have to marry him. Such desperation. He balled up the yellow bandage and threw it from him, wishing he could bin his feelings as easily. Feelings that battered against him, weakened him so that he had to lean against the one-way mirror. But even that was no respite when Laila's voice assaulted his brain: "I can see the way you touch her," she'd accused, "become her protector, care for her. You have given her the right, Rudra, to have a right over you. I've seen in your eyes that restlessness, that yearning that you've felt for her."   

The upturned chair brought no cessation to the churning. Nor slamming his hands down on the table rid him of his yearning. So he tried to talk, shout himself out of it. Squeezed her image out of his eyes, crushed her name between his teeth, repeated a litany of rejection: "No! It makes no difference to me, whether she lives or dies, whether she marries or remains a widow. Makes no difference." But even as his voice rose in a crescendo of negation, he knew it was no use. He had never been more grateful for a phone call, for the reminder of what mattered - the award ceremony.  

But even there, even as his CO praised his efforts in exposing the fraudulent cross-border weddings, in which all the baraatis were fake, all Rudra could see were Paro's shock and tears as he pointed his gun at her in the middle of all that fracas. The terrorists would bring guns and take back money, and as brides, girls, VK Singh was telling the packed hall. But Rudra could only think of that one bride who lay unconscious as her brand-new groom levelled a gun at her head, happy to blow it off unless he could take her across the border. Could only think of the moment Paro had opened her eyes to see her husband dead. To see a murderer. That pivotal moment that had defined, no tarred their relationship. Indeed, made it impossible for them to have a relationship. It took Aman shaking his shoulder to rouse him from his regrets to his responsibilities.  

To accept his medal and citation, and rising to the occasion, to address the audience. To tell them of the uncertainties his mission had been mired in, the aspersions that clouded its success, of the faith of his men in him no matter the outcome, of the courage that faith breathed into him. Of his gratitude to everybody who had supported and believed in him, for his men who were not amongst them today. Of the honour it was to be able to serve the country and his fellow-men. The honour, the medal that belonged just as much to the martyrs who'd laid down their lives for the country. That belonged to the BSD, this soil, this country, this motherland, and his father.  

The audience was still cheering when Paro rushed in. Happiness lighting up her face and giving strength to her voice so that her "Major Saab!" rose loud and clear over the applause. Soared and reached him. Snagged his attention. Drew his unbelieving eyes. Pulled him, step by hesitant, incredulous, sleep-walking step up to her. Until he stood in front of her. His eyes filled with sadness as he waited for the dream to burst. Waited to wake to her absence, his loss. 

But the flash that woke Rudra did not take away. Realization dawned that it was no dream but a real-life flesh-and-blood Paro standing there in front of him hands clasped behind her back, radiant with joy - his to believe or not.  

To me, it was this part of the episode that was the most significant. A little later Paro would tell Rudra about the doll. About why she'd given him that doll on that soul-incinerating hot day fifteen years previously. How that one act had bound them to each other for a lifetime. How everything that followed had only strengthened those bonds. She would try to convince Rudra that they were meant to be together. That there was no room for fights misunderstandings between them. Because there were stronger forces at play here. The laws of nature themselves had decreed that Parvati must belong to Rudra. Therefore he must marry her. 

Yet, despite all her exhortations, her explanations, her avowals of love, her promises of a marriage filled with respect, trust and love, she could not move him. Paro could not persuade him to change his mind, to turn towards her. 

The only time he walked towards her was right after the speech when he saw her, unexpectedly, in the hall. Saw her when he'd thought her lost to him. A moment so powerful that his feelings overrode his control and took him to her. No reasoning, no persuasion was needed because the realization came from within.

A word about the proposal. It was a powerful moment, touching because of its painful honesty, shorn of all embroidery - just a simple, direct, ask. Even more significant because of the girl voicing it. A shy, decent girl, who had lived her life circumscribed by society, yet who was rising above that very society to lay bare her inner-most emotions in public.

The rest of the episode tickled our minds and our funny bones. As many of us predicted there were new developments in the Case of the Duplicate Wedding Dress. Mythili found the complete outfit in the corner of the yard and decided to talk to question the sole witness, Sunehri, in front of the criminal masterminds, with predictable results. That investigation is shelved for the forseeable future. The best that can be expected now is that either Samrat, Mythili or Sunehri spills the beans to Rudra. As for Sumer's marriage - that was one jugaad too far. The bride didn't agree and never mind his bootiful face.

Acting was superb. Ashish was amazing in his deft transition from emotion to emotion, swinging from bleakness to hope, joy to rage, pride to humiliation, tortured to cold, and the many shades in between. Sanaya's pitch perfect portrayal of the divinely convinced Parvati gave me goosebumps. Ananya was hilarious in her triumphant teasing of Sumer, and the actor who plays Sumer was endearing in his asinine confidence and downcast desertion. The supporting cast were equally convincing.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ for a Mahaepisode that was so much more.

P.S.- just had feedback asking for an increase in font size. If you find this too big do let me know. πŸ˜Š
Edited by tvbug2011 - 10 years ago
Lovely post Sabs!!! Fabulous analysis as usual!!! Love ya!!! πŸ€—

I am speechless after the episode. I am reading all the anticipated posts praising Paro, admiring Paro everywhere in the forum. But here I am. Not feeling exhilarated, joyous. Probably the only one. Rudra occupied my mind long after the episode. My eyes were glued to him to watch, observe every single reaction to Paro's honest, heart felt but untimely confession and her choice of place. Obviously the reactions of people in the forum are going to vary based on their own perceptions, imaginations, and beliefs. I am a very very practical person and a working professional. I am a woman and understand Paro's enthusiasm on her discovery of love for I too had gone down that lane some time. But under no circumstances would I have tolerated anyone barging in on me like Paro did under similar circumstances and hence Paro's heart felt declaration of her love for Rudra was lost on me. I felt embarrassment which Rudra probably didn't feel initially but later on must have. I agree whole heartedly with every member of the forum going gaga over Paro's confession. There is nothing wrong in it and I too loved her honesty and her freshness! BUT the place and her timing put me off BIG time. How I wish CVs had taken this scene away from that Award function! The confession and the sweet details of their relationship as children was too sacred to put in front of the public and not to forget ruining the sanctity, seriousness and importance of this Award function. Rudra so wanted his Bapusa there to see him being felicitated. He was so genuine in his speech about the sacrifices of the martyred soldiers. The whole atmosphere had a very genuine and serious tone about it and here comes Paro barging in on him!! No matter how much I like her honesty and confession, I was totally disappointed in the impact of this scene! I wouldn't have declared my love so publicly (I am not Paro anyway!! 😊)!! It would be something very sacred to me and I wouldn't make a fool of myself or put my fiance in a tight spot like this in public. Rudra was called by Col. Singh probably to be given an earful about the same. How embarrassing that must have been for Rudra. The seriousness of Rudra's work, his award, his achievements, the honor of the soldiers all came crashing down because of this one scene. There are certain protocols to follow in any Army function. Why didn't CVs do some research to be more authentic? The whole beauty of that confession was lost on me.

Again as I said before, this is purely my POV and my reaction because this is how I felt after the episode and reactions are very very subjective! Sumer Mohini duel was fun! Maithili's mentos moment was timely! But Paro lost my support for now!! It is good to be brave, open, bold enough to put your thoughts across and another thing to embarrass people in public!! I didn't want to comment in detail (but still I did πŸ˜‰) because apparently I am the only one around with these sentiments about Paro!! So chappals, tomatoes, eggs are welcome!!!
Edited by mozart66 - 10 years ago
BRILLIANT EPISODE :))))))
I have never witnessed a more quick confession than this. She felt it, thanked her god, she ran for it, to him and told exactly how she felt. I am so proud of this girl what brilliant execution. Take a bow writers for doing something unique on TV where a confession of love happens as soon as the realization, so untainted, so fresh, so innocent, just pure bliss on that girl's face. It was breathtaking to watch, we cheered for her, we know she won't get it all today but matter not she is not going to give up. How adorable is she running into the hall with that smile on her face calling out to Rudra, child like innocence shooo cuteee. Rudra's reaction was the icing on the cake. 

Ok how many of you felt Rudra is not really angry, he was just flustered and irritated. I think it is a given that Rudra loves her, he is just scared of his feelings and is in denial mode. Rudra's gadha for sumer something tells me their relationship is not the dark villainy that it started as. When Sumer was introduced and he fought with Rudra he wasn't such a clown I thought Sumer would be dangerous for Rudra he still is not in the scary way. Rudra's gadha had such a comedy ring to it if Rudra loathed him like Tejawat I am sure Rudra could have come up with more colourful expletives for taking away his girl. 

How different was this proposal scene between Rudra and Paro than the one between Rudra and Laila. First big difference Rudra and Paro are sacred so there was a certain divinity in the whole exchange. Paro was her innocent self, her love untainted, unselfish, she wants Rudra to marry her not because she wants him but because she knows he loves her too. The biggest difference did you guys notice not once did Rudra deny his feelings, he didn't burst out saying I don't love you, I don't care about you, I hate you khubsoorat aurat. Instead Rudra was trying to deny Paro her feelings calling her mad and she has lost her senses. He might have said he didn't want to marry her but he had a confession of his own when he told paro their rishta will be of deewangi and pagalpan. Rudra got caught out there so he does feel something for Paro and he said it out loud but he views deewangi and pagalpan as negative, his love will be of those shades as he is the possessive one whereas Paro sees their relationship based on devotion and trust. Paro and Rudra did confess to each other but they have to make their views come together and form the alliance. 

The last scene between Rudra and Paro had me in splits. Rudra was back to treating Paro like the child she is. Rudra to Paro you silly girl and do you have to say all that in front of all those people. He seemed more annoyed with her timing especially since he got scolded by his senior for her public disclosure. Rudra to Paro go away from here, Paro no I won't, Rudra I said no to marriage, Paro no you didn't, Rudra wipe that sindoor off your head, Paro no I won't I am your adharmi Patni roflll Rudra did she just say what I think she said.

Rudra to Paro I just have one very simple advice for you STOP PLAYING GAMES WITH PARO it is over Major you can't win and you never will infact your strategy sucks, she learns fast and throws it all back in your face. 

WoW tvbug2011. I will explain the WoW in a minute.

When I watched the episode on TV yesterday - believe me it is so difficult to watch with the needed concentration. Next to impossible. After 30 mins I had to switch it off as well. Rules are rules. - Anyway the one thing which remained with me was Sumer and Mohini. Gadha and Mughal-E-Azam. Felt that they should not have included the comedy in this emotional episode.

Then I watched it on YouTube  just now - and read all the posts. What lingered with me was not Paro or her innocent proposal or her guts or her calm voice explaining things. The following are what I remember now in that order

• Rudra feeling so desperate after the call with Sumer. How he now lost her forever.
  • And then we got what we discussed yday. The flashback sequence. Seeti Bajao moment for me. Or a dejavu moment as we discussed it in detail
  • Then the way Paro stood there with the doll hidden. Just that pose. Not her realisation at home or her running. Just that pose
  • Then the slow walking of Rudra to her, the surprise, the relief on his face. If this had happened in a room I am sure Rudra would have held her shoulders , looked into her eyes and then hugged her the way he hugged the other day when he was drunk and said Lautke Aa Gayi. Stupid Paro. She does not know what she missed
  • Then her statement saying I am not asking what the girl thought. I am going to say what she thought. And then Rudra's expressions on hearing this
  • Aur Dil Bhi from Paro
  • Expression of Rudra when she reminded him of Adharmi Patni incident
  • And his statement that she is interpreting everything the way she wants

Overall Rudra impressed me today. No girl in her right mind will leave him. He is capable of such great love

And last but not the least. WoW - because you are the only one who captured most of the above scenes which impressed me. WoW again

Edited by JJKKL - 10 years ago
Originally posted by loveanime

BRILLIANT EPISODE :))))))
I have never witnessed a more quick confession than this. She felt it, thanked her god, she ran for it, to him and told exactly how she felt. I am so proud of this girl what brilliant execution. Take a bow writers for doing something unique on TV where a confession of love happens as soon as the realization, so untainted, so fresh, so innocent, just pure bliss on that girl's face. It was breathtaking to watch, we cheered for her, we know she won't get it all today but matter not she is not going to give up. How adorable is she running into the hall with that smile on her face calling out to Rudra, child like innocence shooo cuteee. Rudra's reaction was the icing on the cake. 

Ok how many of you felt Rudra is not really angry, he was just flustered and irritated. I think it is a given that Rudra loves her, he is just scared of his feelings and is in denial mode.

Rudra's gadha for sumer something tells me their relationship is not the dark villainy that it started as. When Sumer was introduced and he fought with Rudra he wasn't such a clown I thought Sumer would be dangerous for Rudra he still is not in the scary way. Rudra's gadha had such a comedy ring to it if Rudra loathed him like Tejawat I am sure Rudra could have come up with more colourful expletives for taking away his girl. 

How different was this proposal scene between Rudra and Paro than the one between Rudra and Laila. First big difference Rudra and Paro are sacred so there was a certain divinity in the whole exchange. Paro was her innocent self, her love untainted, unselfish, she wants Rudra to marry her not because she wants him but because she knows he loves her too. The biggest difference did you guys notice not once did Rudra deny his feelings, he didn't burst out saying I don't love you, I don't care about you, I hate you khubsoorat aurat. Instead Rudra was trying to deny Paro her feelings calling her mad and she has lost her senses. He might have said he didn't want to marry her but he had a confession of his own when he told paro their rishta will be of deewangi and pagalpan. Rudra got caught out there so he does feel something for Paro and he said it out loud but he views deewangi and pagalpan as negative, his love will be of those shades as he is the possessive one whereas Paro sees their relationship based on devotion and trust. Paro and Rudra did confess to each other but they have to make their views come together and form the alliance. 

The last scene between Rudra and Paro had me in splits. Rudra was back to treating Paro like the child she is. Rudra to Paro you silly girl and do you have to say all that in front of all those people. He seemed more annoyed with her timing especially since he got scolded by his senior for her public disclosure. Rudra to Paro go away from here, Paro no I won't, Rudra I said no to marriage, Paro no you didn't, Rudra wipe that sindoor off your head, Paro no I won't I am your adharmi Patni roflll Rudra did she just say what I think she said.

Rudra to Paro I just have one very simple advice for you STOP PLAYING GAMES WITH PARO it is over Major you can't win and you never will infact your strategy sucks, she learns fast and throws it all back in your face. 

Loveanime, Brilliant episode AND brilliant analysis!! πŸ‘

@ Rudra loves her, but is in denial: Ahhh spot on!!! His realization dawned when he thought she'd agreed to marry Sumer and go away to Jaipur. And all his shouted "It doesn't matter" didn't convince him. It did matter, so much that he couldn't concentrate during the biggest moment of his life - the award ceremony. And then of course was that tell-tale expression on his face as he walked to her in public in the midst of all those people and reached for the doll and her.

@ The gadha: Ohh that was hilarious. And as you rightly said many degrees cooler than the hatred when they first met. It also says something that Rudra picked Sumer to marry Paro. He couldn't have considered him all that harmful in that case. But that was delicious moment. Sumer going "did he just call me donkey? No he couldn't have. Why would he give me money if he did consider me one." 🀣

@ Paro's proposal vs Laila's: πŸ‘πŸ‘ beautifully pointed out.

@ Rudra's deewangi and Pagalpan: Agreed. Rudra is a passionate man. And his love for Paro will be passionate too. He no doubt fears it will blaze out of control, reducing him to ashes, hence his denial.

@ The last scene: Was very funny indeed. Paro was unperturbed. He could rant and rail but Paro was smugly sure. Wrong-footed him. And that adharmi patni crack was so well-deserved. And her comment about she needn't have asked him to marry her actually because he already considered her his wife!! πŸ˜† oh help!!πŸ˜†
Brilliant analysis !!
Loved reading your post ..
The episode was great...parud scene were amazing and fab acting by Ashish n Sanaya.
Originally posted by tvbug2011

Update complete. 😊

Love, love your analysis.

I just wish Paro had 'maanged' Rudra's hand in marriage in the privacy of their two-way mirror room.πŸ˜†

sabs !! a brilliant episode and a fairytale review !! unfortunately i am now terribly busy to write anything meaningful ! I will definitely come back !πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by tvbug2011

To me, it was this part of the episode that was the most significant. A little later Paro would tell Rudra about the doll. About why she'd given him that doll on that soul-incinerating hot day fifteen years previously. How that one act had bound them to each other for a lifetime. How everything that followed had only strengthened those bonds. She would try to convince Rudra that they were meant to be together. That there was no room for fights misunderstandings between them. Because there were stronger forces at play here. The laws of nature themselves had decreed that Parvati must belong to Rudra. Therefore he must marry her. 

Yet, despite all her exhortations, her explanations, her avowals of love, her promises of a marriage filled with respect, trust and love, she could not move him. Paro could not persuade him to change his mind, to turn towards her. 

The only time he walked towards her was right after the speech when he saw her, unexpectedly, in the hall. Saw her when he'd thought her lost to him. A moment so powerful that his feelings overrode his control and took him to her. No reasoning, no persuasion was needed because the realization came from within.

πŸ‘ for a Mahaepisode that was so much more.

I'm becoming your phangurl, tvbug.. πŸ‘ Underlined portions - couldnt agree more.. That was the best part of the episode for me as well... 

After all my ranting yesterday in your thread about not looking forward to Paro's proposal, Rudra's reaction was what stunned me today and drew me back to the rangrasiya story...Nothing more to say... Just absorbing the unselfish love and proclamation... And the "bewakoof ladka", aka, Rudra - who cannot realise the wealth of love that he is being offered by the innocent soul of Paro!
πŸ€—
Originally posted by JJKKL

• Then the slow walking of Rudra to her, the surprise, the relief on his face. If this had happened in a room I am sure Rudra would have held her shoulders , looked into her eyes and then hugged her the way he hugged the other day when he was drunk and said Lautke Aa Gayi. Stupid Paro. She does not know what she missed

But, we do😭😭 Kya filmy moment hota... Like Khushi's hug of relief on seeing Arnav in the hospital and then her stepping back on realising what she had done ...😳

Yeah, IPKKND hangover utthra nahi πŸ˜ƒ