Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
i checked online dictionary. it says mole!! dont u think the context suits the animal 'mole' than shrew. i think AK ws referring Raju as a mole who wd hide 
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
In the context, Raj as the "chachundar" in Madhu the "snake"'s throat. Somewhat less of an insult than if just either one of them had been described thus singularly.

In ancient Indian folk stories the Chachundar was a spikey rat, somewhat like an Echidna, with sharp needle-like fur coating. When a snake swallows (they do not chew) the Chachundar it goes somewhat inside the snake's mouth, gets angry, then expands it's sharp fur. The needle-like fur gets entangled in the snakes stomach. It can neither swallow any further or spit it out - it is just stuck there. This is beyond the control of the snake. This causes the snake great pain and discomfort. Eventually they both die in this entangled position.

Edited by leelaa9 - 10 years ago
MaryJane13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks all for your replies 
MaryJane13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: leelaa9

In the context, Raj as the "chachundar" in Madhu the "snake"'s throat. Somewhat less of an insult than if just either one of them had been described thus singularly.

In ancient Indian folk stories the Chachundar was a spikey rat, somewhat like an Echidna, with sharp needle-like fur coating. When a snake swallows (they do not chew) the Chachundar it goes somewhat inside the snake's mouth, gets angry, then expands it's sharp fur. The needle-like fur gets entangled in the snakes stomach. It can neither swallow any further or spit it out - it is just stuck there. This is beyond the control of the snake. This causes the snake great pain and discomfort. Eventually they both die in this entangled position.

Thanks. I get the gist now ðŸ˜†
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I think calling Madhu a snake should be taken in with the understanding that Abhay thinks Madhu pretended to love him here. AK said is that Madhu was lying and pretending to love him in order to become his wife, so he had to get her back, by marrying her off to someone else (mentally challenged person), so she doesn't get the properties, I think his saying that she had an objective in coming to Mumbai getting a job with him and coming close to Bebe and the family and making him fall in love with her, that all her love for him is a drama (he said that two days ago, that she had a motive in getting the job, getting close to bebe and confessing her love to him). So that misunderstanding between them is there also, so that's why his calling her a snake, because he thinks she's that calculating sort of person.
noiseygirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: leelaa9

Thanks 4 the nyc xplanation