Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

unkinigahoksaye thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Lindor

I totally agree with you..from a drama standpoint it might be a good twist, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Prao should say the hell with the lot of you and go live her own life. The useless lot  all bent on judging her..

yes !!πŸ‘πŸΌ
Parihoonmein_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: FairyLiquidSoap

You are welcome 😊
once the shock of the twist wore off what we saw was human trafficking in the larger sense He sold her off period but did she allow herself to be sold is what is going to be interesting

Great post FairlyLiquid Soap!πŸ‘

I found the episode an edge of the seat moment. The conclusion was left to viewers and by the overwhelming feedback, there was a wide polarity. No doubt about the twist. Unanticipated, despite the promo showing Paro's proposal. The change in Rudra came from the kitchen to Dilsher's bedroom was baffling. He probably felt exasperated by her and have no clue on what's motivating her. I am afraid that this is Rudra's ploy to get her out of the house because he knows that marriage is sacrosanct to her. If this was a test, I don't see it. Test for what - her fidelity, her honesty, her proof of innocence (the dots don't connect). He was mostly taunting her.  Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode. I found it awe striking. It was so unexpected and that's why the element of surprise was the plus point.

On hindsight, after the exciting of Parud fading ("the shock of the twist wearing off"), it was nothing short of "human trafficking" - the protector has become the perpetrator (he's no different than Thakur (who used fake marriages and innocent girls to traffic warfare) and Varun (who was going to traffic her body for money). Rudra's action does not reasonate with me right this moment.

I guess I have to keep tuning in to and keep my faith in Rudra and the Creatives. πŸ˜•

Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Wonderful post. Very beautifully written. Seriously, what Rudra did was no less then what Varun or Thakur did to Paro. I didn't like that proposition of Rudra. Giving a women with money, just not right. It didn't sit well with me either.  Keeping a marriage proposal in front of her was not wrong but the way he did it and the path he took completely are. 

I kept telling myself that it is just a fictional story and with RR it is always different. Let us see how this place out. I am sure Paro will give him back very well. But one thing I really want to see in the future is Rudra repenting for the way he treated her during both the MU's when she was never at fault. I really wish the CV's don't forget Paro's pain and humiliations and give us that.
tttttt1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: savvy05

FLS.. hear you loud and clear. Great postπŸ˜ƒ The fact that Mohini had  most indignation on hearing the "deal" in a room filled with family members included Paro was not a great preview of what is to comeπŸ˜•.. having said that the scene is far from over. Dazzle us Paro baisa with your reaction and rebuttal.😊

The Shiva-Parvati story is all fine, but testing began after Parvati realizes she is in love and wanted to marry Shiva. Did Paro realize what she is feeling for Rudra is something more than gratitude? Wait.. dont tell me that the 2 seconds almost declaring her feelings for him yesterday was part of that😲😲 that too just a week after she is free from any MU?

I still cannot believe GH is part of the team that gave us the fantastic "Kuch rishte ajeeb he dor mein bandhe hote hain..." scene.. it happened after 250 episodes, after a tumultuous journey. Paro when given glimpses of is very well written.. but such scenes are too far and too few in between.

please watch today's episode , you will be surprised 
i am just dumbstruck at the writer has done with a love story 
sorry intense love story

tttttt1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ishta345

@FairyLiquidSoap, can't tell you how glad I am to see this post. On reading some posts here yesterday I wondered whether I was the only one who found this twist extremely distasteful. I'm happy to see so many think the same. Frankly, the more I watch this show, the more I'm convinced that Saurabh Tiwari read Othello but gave his creative team a copy of Hamlet to read through. Rudra is a far cry from Othello any which way you see him. His insecurity and self-doubt is more akin to Hamlet, and the way he deals with Paro is similar to Hamlet's interaction to Ophelia - one which drove her to insanity and death. I would really want to watch Paro's reaction to this proposal before commenting further on this "twist" because her words in the promo did not seem to me as an indication that SHE would propose marriage to Rudra, but more as a rebuttal of his proposal to marry Sumer.

I agree with @savvy05 regarding the Shiv-Parvati reference. I have always found that to be a convenient religious parallel drawn in many posts here (and also by the CVs) just because of their names. It is the basis of the whole assumption that is wrong. If we read the scriptures, the whole premise that Shiva/ Rudra is Parvati/Sati's "protector" is the biggest myth. Shiva's consort - be she known as Sati or Parvati - is Shakti, or the supreme power. She signifies the highest power that all Gods turn to; when innumerable demons assailed the Gods challenging their invincibility, they invoked Shakti to destroy them. So it is not that She was the protected, She is in fact the "protector" herself - and in every sense the "equal". It is this that does not yet resonate in the show's story, and therefore makes it seem shallow.

If this is all for the TRPs, as most defendants of the show's unfathomable twists seem to be saying, then it would risk a further dip if it does not find favour with the viewers. And I say this as part of the TRP audience, that is, one who watches the show at prime time. These attempts at sensationalism without a strong rudder to hold the show afloat is wearing my patience thin now. And it does give credence to the new joke floating in India that this show is meant for overseas and online viewers and will pander to their fancies. Sorry, couldn't resist mentioning this, but if some statements of the channel are an indication, this certainly seems to be the case. πŸ˜Š

i dont agree with the shiv parvati reference at all 
shiv is the destroyer not protector 
on the contrary mahishasur mardini , parvati is the protector ,she protects the family 
and this testing phase was not check parvati's loyality that would be wrong at various levels 
it was so that she realizes her adi shakti roop and powers 

In indian mythology ,shiv ji is the most romantic and ideal pati , but he is eccentric and did not really believe in rules
i have no idea what is going on 
and today's episode , the show is turning into a comedy show 
doll really!
she is neither sad not effected  by the bargain   and paro is actually considering marrying sumer to get rudra's forgiveness 

FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I am still trying to absorb the episode and looks like her pain has taken a back seat again will respond to all those who graciously responded here tomorrow
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: savvy05

FLS.. hear you loud and clear. Great postπŸ˜ƒ The fact that Mohini had  most indignation on hearing the "deal" in a room filled with family members included Paro was not a great preview of what is to comeπŸ˜•.. having said that the scene is far from over. Dazzle us Paro baisa with your reaction and rebuttal.😊

The Shiva-Parvati story is all fine, but testing began after Parvati realizes she is in love and wanted to marry Shiva. Did Paro realize what she is feeling for Rudra is something more than gratitude? Wait.. dont tell me that the 2 seconds almost declaring her feelings for him yesterday was part of that😲😲 that too just a week after she is free from any MU?

I still cannot believe GH is part of the team that gave us the fantastic "Kuch rishte ajeeb he dor mein bandhe hote hain..." scene.. it happened after 250 episodes, after a tumultuous journey. Paro when given glimpses of is very well written.. but such scenes are too far and too few in between.

@red ... that was my beef with this whole track too ... why is he testing her now? And we got the answer today ... he wasn't testing her at all, he just wanted her to go away. 

And now Paro sees the doll, and decides that Rudra is meant for her, and she for him. Well, as long as she is not in love with him yet, I can take that ... it is still hero worship. Though how she can trust him after that Sumer stunt, I don't know. 
tttttt1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: DiyaS

@red ... that was my beef with this whole track too ... why is he testing her now? And we got the answer today ... he wasn't testing her at all, he just wanted her to go away. 

And now Paro sees the doll, and decides that Rudra is meant for her, and she for him. Well, as long as she is not in love with him yet, I can take that ... it is still hero worship. Though how she can trust him after that Sumer stunt, I don't know. 

as far as i remember , the testing phase was not to check parvati's loyality that would be wrong at various levels 
it was so that parvati rises above the human impurities(3 main impurity) ignorance , jealousy , greed materialistic pleasure so that she is in touch with her adii shakthi roop 

the beauty of the love story is both changed for the other ,and both continued to be themself
frankly i dont see a shiv parvati story at all except for the name 
may be it was intended that way but left in between like many other tracks
and shiv is not the protector , mahishasur mardini parvati is , kali is 
Edited by tttttt1 - 10 years ago
CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey missy ...
have not seen you around...
SO to the topic ...thought I have not lived long enough to have anything twist inside me and firmly believe (till proven otherwise) that it is ones own expectations and the freedom you allow other and make your self vulnerable is how hard the blow is ...

coming to the drama ...as you rightly pointed at the end this story is said from a very male point of view of what they think a viewing audience wants 
and not from a story point of view and not what a character feels and thinks ...at this point i am hard pressed to analyse either or reactions of both charactors...they seem to be more caricatures ...one being a lame broken record and the other its seems a beauty with quick silver short term memory or feeling ...
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: ttt1

as far as i remember , the testing phase was not to check parvati's loyality that would be wrong at various levels 
it was so that parvati rises above the human impurities(3 main impurity) ignorance , jealousy , greed materialistic pleasure so that she is in touch with her adii shakthi roop 

the beauty of the love story is both changed for the other ,and both continued to be themself
frankly i dont see a shiv parvati story at all except for the name 
may be it was intended that way but left in between like many other tracks
and shiv is not the protector , mahishasur mardini parvati is , kali is 

Shiva is the Destroyer ... he is not protector ... you are very correct.

Parvati is the protector and the nurturer both. 

But the parallels are very dim, because Rudra here is not Shiva ... he is a mix of Hamlet and Othello. 

The testing phase was right at the end, if I remember right ... after Paro determines she will win over Shiva with her penitence and her penance, not with her beauty. The three worlds shake with the force of her penance, and that is when Shiva approaches her in the form of a handsome young man, and asks her to marry him, and forget the ash-smeared ascetic . So Shiva never tested Parvati by asking her to marry anyone else ... it was always him.