Debate Mansion

Physical Punishment to Children (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

tanushree

tanushree

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 12:25am | IP Logged
I agree with minnie. Sometimes a little spanking is needed with difficult kids.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Physical Punishment to Children (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Athena90

IF-Rockerz

Athena90

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Firsly, minnie di, wow that was a very well written post! ClapClap Ur two children seem soo different yet soo cute! EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

And yes, personally i do not advocate smacking. But sometimes, as pointed out, it is the only way out.

I admit i have been smaked a couple of times by my dad when i was young. Well, i'm certainly not the angel. It was rare though, cause my mom was against smacking and i am the only child Embarrassed While it used to work when i'm younger, it certainly didn't after some time. I used to get anfry if my dad got violent and i wont talk to either on of them. Of course, being the only chid and the apple of their eye, Embarrassed they gave in and used to come and speak to me LOL

So the point is, the smacking would probably work only when the children are young. Once they grow older, probably reach their teens, you cant really hit them. They start questioning and rebelling. So, as a practice its better to make them realise their mistakes and try to make them change. I remember my mom giving me the silent treatment when my maid used to complain abt me. It made me feel soo much more guilty and i used to apologise and change.

There is this tamil phrase used often in movies, when a kid is below ur hip (height) u trick the kid into doing things. When the kid grows, to below your shoulder, u hit the kid if it misbehaves. Once the kid grows over your shoulder, u talk to the kid making it your friend! Smile

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 3:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sneha3105

Of course, being the only chid and the apple of their eye, they gave in and used to come and speak to me

LOL LOL LOL
Exact my situation Wink LOL We are such mischief people Tongue.. Even now "IF" my parents scold me ... esp papa... i don't talk to him LOL .. and then unless and until he doesn't give me some bribe... things don't work !! Evil Smile but for mom.. ahem ahem.. the case is other way round... i have a perfect hide-out for that too Big smile :Papa's back! LOL

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 3:23am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MNMS

Of course, being the only chid and the apple of their eye, they gave in and used to come and speak to me

LOL LOL LOL
Exact my situation Wink LOL We are such mischief people Tongue.. Even now "IF" my parents scold me ... esp papa... i don't talk to him LOL .. and then unless and until he doesn't give me some bribe... things don't work !! Evil Smile but for mom.. ahem ahem.. the case is other way round... i have a perfect hide-out for that too Big smile :Papa's back! LOL

Now I know EXACTLY which direction my younger one is going to take 10 years from now !!!!LOL

Athena90

IF-Rockerz

Athena90

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Originally posted by MNMS

LOL LOL LOL

Now I know EXACTLY which direction my younger one is going to take 10 years from now !!!!LOL

LOLLOL LOL exactly Maryam. And minnie di, u should thank us. We're giving u warning on how u should handle ur lil one! LOLLOLLOL And ample time preparing for the future WinkLOLLOL

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 4:34am | IP Logged
pprobably we can ...hmm...give u some courses on ur younger child handling LOL

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Minnie....you hit the bull's eye! I don't want to add more or say anything ...you said it all! Clap

Mlulla28

Mlulla28

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
I agree with Minnie. I don't believe in just hitting a child for whatever reason, but sometimes, there is just no other way out but to "spank".

I don't see anything wrong with it, although, with my teenager at home...I feel like screaming at him...maybe my eyes will bulge out one day! God only knows! Confused

Post Reply New Post

Go to top