Debate Mansion

If you have RAPED someone, do you deserve a second CHANCE?!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

ShantiAshtangi

IF-Rockerz

ShantiAshtangi

Posted: 15 March 2014 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Disapprove  I know this topic will be kind of controversial, but rape is a serious issue.  But, whoever does it should be locked away and never be allowed to come out.  But as long as they learn from it and change themselves, don't they deserve a second chance?  After the SHAADI.com topic, I will be back here more often as long as you guys like a good discussion.  Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sunshine797

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If you have RAPED someone, do you deserve a second CHANCE?!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 15 March 2014 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Punishment is given to

- give consolation to victim i.e. to make them feel that wrong doer did not escape and got punishment for a bad deed

- to protect people in future

In order to deserve a chance the rapist needs to

- be forgiven by victim
- refrain for such acitivities again

Even if victim forgives, what is the gurantee that rapist will not do again?

Answer: Nope. I dont think rapist deserves a chance. One cannot risk similar incident in future.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Jashasya..Supriya..The_Alchemist.asharithvikzorrro..N3rDyM0R0N..QuietlyLoudadyluvskat-Doppelganger-Mahek_No1LadyDabanggHawaaPotiMiniBerryBlush07FreshDaisywhiterose29blue-ice

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 16 March 2014 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

- be forgiven by victim

Will do ---and if the victim died then the rapist dies too Tongue Fair?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

The_Alchemist.QuietlyLoudadyluvskatMahek_No1

White-Rose

IF-Rockerz

White-Rose

Posted: 16 March 2014 at 4:25am | IP Logged
I think no.
More than physical its mental torture.
Your realization wont change anything.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 16 March 2014 at 8:31am | IP Logged
In my opinion absolutely not. It is one of the most heinous crimes.

If the victim wants to forgive that is their choice. But society and law should not.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

The_Alchemist.DemonStar-bLEu98-QuietlyLoudadyluvskat-MonikaSobti-U-No-Poorahmona_paksweFreshDaisyBerryBlush07-Rashiblue-ice

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 16 March 2014 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by King-Anu

- be forgiven by victim

Will do ---and if the victim died then the rapist dies too Tongue Fair?

Sorry Zorro I did not get your post. In my model even if the victim forgives I believe there should be punishment because we cannot put future people at risk. If victim dies that is another story.

I dont know what the law is but I would be okay for death pentaly for rapists. But thats my take. Maybe law is not that extreme. At very least they should be behind bars for years.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

..Supriya..The_Alchemist.-Mahima-zorrroQuietlyLoud

DemonStar

Coolbie

DemonStar

Posted: 16 March 2014 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Rape is not some ignorant mistake one commits by accident. A monster who commits that sin of sins doesn't deserve to live as far as I'm concerned. An example should be set to the society that such inhuman crimes will be punished in the most severe way possible and they can't get away with it.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

..Supriya..The_Alchemist.-Mahima-QuietlyLoudadyluvskatFreshDaisyblue-ice

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 18 March 2014 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Rapist definitely deserves another chance. That is how a welfare state has to treat any human being. Every human being has divine essence within him/her and rapist or robber is no exception for that. If Valmiki who was a robber didn't get a second chance, we wouldn't have got the beautiful poem Ramayana. 
But there are certain things to be done in the society. Why do people still believe something is wrong with the victim of rape? Something is definitely wrong with the society if the society could not give dignity to the rape victim. Just as I can't accept the society treating a rape victim badly, same is the case of the rapist also. The way a rapist behaves, the whole society is responsible for making him a monster.

@Return-to-Hades: God didn't create the society or law but God created the human being. At times, what the society or law does makes no sense and only those people count who rise above the norms of the society.

Edited by maha2us - 18 March 2014 at 9:19am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top