Jodha Akbar

Akbar the great!

ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
hi everyone!

i was just watching a short documentary on akbar and it said why he was great and what can we learn from him..what example he set for future generations...

doesn't matter how much we criticize the content of the show, at the end it makes us wonder about this man akbar..why he was great..and many of u will be able to give several and better answers than i can think of..

he married jodhabai and gave her freedom to worship kahna that in itself was a big step towards tolerance in a palace where hindu idols were not allowed as per serial.

then his going to the temple of kali ma and bowing his head down in respect says a lot about this man..and that also in the 16th century when the level of tolerance was not as we expect in today's society..

even today when we live in multiculturalism there are traces of racism, tolerance is there but not to the level that is expected in today's time and age..

akbar had that rare quality in him and that was tolerance towards other religions..if we think of it it sounds very simple but if we think deeply and take a look inside us how tolerant we are?..are u tolerant?..am i tolerant?..i cannot say about anybody but i can say about myself..religion is a very sensitive issue therefore my topic will not even go there but here i am talking about tolerance..how easily can we accept people from different cast or creed..can we give them equal respect or we tend to be biased and prejudiced towards them...no one is perfect and niether am i..but still we all try to be civilized in the most respectful manner...now just think how much inside power of tolerance is neded for a shahenshah to unite the whole country in the name of religion...reason could be his far sightedness or intelligence but he had that in him which no other mughal emperor could accomplish and that is love of his people...

according to the documentary he invited learned scholars belonging to different religions and discussed with them what different religions preach and said that we blind foldedly follow the religion we r born in without knowing and learning about the other religions and that is what led to din-e-illahi..where he wanted all the religions to be one as they all preach the same thing that god is one!...and that was his message to the society why do we fight on basis of religion when god is one! god is not divided!..

it was his tolerance and the freedom that he gave to all the people of his kingdom to practice their religion and that he would not force them to convert into muslim..and this quality was there in him even before he married jodhabai..he is also believed to marry a christian after jodha whose name was mariam as well..!and even at the bulland darwaza he had symbols of all religions..now which mughal emperor went to that extent for his praja..i have yet to see one!

aurangzeb was not tolerant towards other religions and forced non muslims to turn into muslims which led to division on the basis of intolerance and that is when britishers invaded india swiftly with the policy of 'divide and rule'...

now what we learn from akbar the great's life is a lesson of tolerance and accepting others with open mind..."when tolerance reigns society flourishes when tolerance seizes to exist so do empires!"

pl share ur views and correct me if any of my historical info is wrong i am here to learn...

..also i am adding a couple of things which i found out from watching a BBC documentary mentioned by donjas..

-the golden temple, biggest and most sacred sikh temple was built on the land gifted by akbar the great! 

-Elizabeth1 send a letter to akbar stating that its not his wealth but his humanity and rationality that has impressed her the most! and his administrative reforms were worth the praise which later were practiced in 18th century europe!

i bow down to this great emperor!

Edited by mandyg - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for the info. Could you please tell me the name of this documentary.
If you like historical documentaries, then you should watch "The story of India" by the BBC. The section on Akbar is very interesting.
ghalibmirza thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Donjas

Thank you for the info. Could you please tell me the name of this documentary.

If you like historical documentaries, then you should watch "The story of India" by the BBC. The section on Akbar is very interesting.

all it says is..'akbar the great - a short documentary!..will watch it..thx😊
hema042 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
AKBAR IS REALLY THE GREAT πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
fatma201 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Mandy, what is the name of the documentary?
ghalibmirza thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hema042

AKBAR IS REALLY THE GREAT πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Yes, he was😊
ghalibmirza thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: albakry

Mandy, what is the name of the documentary?

Akbar the great-a short documentary. 
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
feels good to read all this
thanks for sharing
ghalibmirza thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rima4ever

feels good to read all this

thanks for sharing

Thx dear😊
-Neferet- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yes,akbar had a great tolerance for other religions and was fascinated by it.