Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

Palace of Illusion

Bamonforever IF-Sizzlerz
Bamonforever
Bamonforever

Posted: 14 March 2014 at 2:07am | IP Logged
Hey, is there any one who has read either or both of the two books Palace of illusion n Karna's Wives ?? Embarrassed I just want to know your opinions about them, if you've read. Please, waiting for ur replies. Big smile

-Spree- Newbie
-Spree-
-Spree-

Posted: 25 March 2014 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Hi. I have read The Palace of Illusions. I am yet to read Karna's Wife as I have heard rave reviews of that book.

The Palace of Illusions may be fictional but it helped me understand a minor's point of view in Mahabharata- Karna's. I sought to understand him better and if, like me, you have become a Karna fan, May I suggest you to read Rashmi Rathi (If you understand Hindi, that is.) It is entirely Karna's point of view, in verse form and amazingly well-written. After the palace of Illusions, I have started shipping Karna-Draupadi really hard and I have somewhat become an anti-Pandava, I have humongous amount of grudge against them and against the injustice done to Duryodhana et al. After the Palace of illusions, my firm belief that the Pandavas were no goody-two shoes has strengthened further. It was interesting to know Bishma Pithama's previous life's story too.

Divakruni is a good writer, brilliant narrator and to me, justifies Draupadi's point of view well, though I would have not minded more length, it was a bit incongruous in some parts. My teacher used to condemn the book and asked us never to read it, I went ahead and liked it.

But, the only point not to be forgotten is that it is HIGHLY fictionalized. :-)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bamonforever

...Vaishali... Senior Member
...Vaishali...
...Vaishali...

Posted: 12 April 2014 at 11:58am | IP Logged
I have read "palace of Illusions" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni" and its really good. A new perspective to Draupadi's character and I am sure every girl will be able to relate to the character's thoughts and feelings. It's a really good read.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bamonforever

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top