Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Things that were really wierd yesterday.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 12 November 2004 at 12:04am | IP Logged

I felt a few things wierd yesterday, but never had time to write them .

1) Hmm, I dont know why jassi didnt accept/wear that necklace!! I mean she is the CEO!! I think she has not got her deserved pay raise as of yet!! I mean had she got it then she would have thought herself into the league of the biggies. Nandu on the other hand seems to have got the deserving pay and hence the gold coin as gift!!

2) The necklace was not at all flashy , I mean it was a very decent, and what the heck it would have looked good on my mother!!! Also when she looked her self in mirror with it I thought that it was very sweet looking on her, why in the world did she didnt wear it?? I feel that althought she laughs at the world laughing at her, from inside she has doubt about her own looks, But this fact really doesnt fit with the theme of the show!! where a girl no matter how she looks can conquer the world. Also I wouldnt worry about the world if the that one person who loves me has no problem with how I look!! If he is not embarrsed to see me in that necklace , I wont care about the world!!

3) She should be used to these kinds of party, she has been in Gulmohar for 1 year!! a CEO for around 3 months!! What is this with my world and your world!!! Actually this concept of your world and my world from betty la fea is completely flawed in jassi for the only fact that when betty was the CEO she had changed to looking beautiful, jassi is much better she is still what she was, Also with all the tele interviews and all the media exposure, I guess people must have come to the terms with her looks and her intelligence. Also it was evident from purabs saying that even he didnt enjoy such party, looks like he trusted somebody else with the arrangments and didnt like how it turned out!! I think they are streching this your world and my world a bit too far to justify her make over now!! Actually they should have done it right after she becomes the CEO!!

4) The party didnt look like any PAGE 3 parties I have gone too!! I mean I have be to a decent 3 parties thanks to my friends, No doubt there are all important people in such party even TV serial stars, models, and you feel like no one (what the heck food is too delicious to care about thatLOL), All are in suits and the best of thier clothes, but please no pink hairs!!! no flame throwers!! this party was really wierd, Also there is sitting space in any party you just need to find it!!  And the close dance of girls with nandu was also weird , It seems that all these flaws were purposely created to show the walias out of place!!

5) I agree with lakshmi the mehta's were anything but cute!!! I have spoken to a few so called hi-fi people, Belive me not all of them are like mehta's as a matter of fact People on these party are very friendly they dont go much on looks, they see how you talk!! Belive me,  they will talk to you if you talk intelligent, talk when needed and dont cut what they are saying. They like to see people who listen to them and then reply with something intelligent or funny. Also they are very sure as to not to offend someone on face or act arrogant, they are worried if the person they are talking to might turn up to be someone importantLOL. The mehta's kept cutting purab like anything!!!

Jammy.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 12 November 2004 at 10:04am | IP Logged

I guess the only reason Jassi was shy today was that it was a private party in which her personal side was going to be explored.Till today she always went to parties where she had to go for official reasons and had always known whom to talk to and what to talk about.Moreover Mallika and Armaan probably took care of the rest.But this time around this was going to be personal evaluation where she was going to be compared phisically.

Let's keep aside Armaan/Purab factor.Meenakshi was an imp client who pointedly told her that she didn't fit into the world of the fashion and worst still,in the world of Purabs and Armaans.No mater how much you are comfortable with your own looks,being told again and again the fact that you are not good looking and fall short of people's expectation does hit your confidence.She has been hounded by such cruel remarks by Mallika and co for her entire duration in GM.But somehow she managed to overcome their prejudices and move on.But Meenakshi was an unexpected source where she again came across the same attitude and maybe worse,it was told to her quite practically and this time,without any malicious personal prejudice.

Jammy I know for a fact that no matter how much we go around saying that looks don't matter bla bla,the truth is,they matter to 90% of the ppl.Sometimes it's just not enough to have the confidence of your loved ones.You need the admiration of ppl you meet everyday.I know of ppl who don't even like to talk to ppl who don't look good.They don't say anything,true,but you have to be blind not to notice it.

When Jassi started in GM all she wanted was to succeed in her job.Then she became CEO and then all she wanted was to acheive her target.An antagonistic Armaan was not helping things either.So she actually didn't have time to think whether her physical self fitted or not.She was busy making sure her mental self fitted.

Now things are back on tracks.Now for the first time she has started to notice the lack of physical attributes.Look,sometimes so much can be done to improve appearances but we don't know where to start.We as human beings try to resist change.My younger sister was the proverbial ugly duckling and chose to stay that way because she always felt if she tried to dress up she would end up looking more like a fool.

This is something very personal but  this is one reason which makes me emphathise with Jassi so much.This might sound so conceited but we both sisters were so different to look at that it was almost cruel.I could never take pride in the fact that I was the better looking and worse,I was considered beautiful and ppl always came up with,'my God how come your sister looks like that ?' You have no idea how much that hurt.I ended up being over protective about her ( beleive me,a female version of Billu!!!).But no matter how hard I tried,my sister never could come out of the complex.But then after we both grew up,she came to accept the fact.But she hardly ever tried to go along the latest fashion.She always wore the same kind of dresses irrespective of the dictates of the fashion which normally defined the length of kurtis and the style of salwars.Her dresses were of same style,always.I literally forced her to try out different styles.She never stopped me but never did anything herself.That girl didn't even learn to put an eyeliner!! She would not put jewellery or make any effort to look better.Her answer always was,'No matter what I do,I'll look same.Know what,God fell asleep while making me.'She hardly ever went to social gatherings.Sometimes it was so frustrating. 

But fortunately,after I got married she started working.And I was astounded to see the change in her after an year or so.She certainely didn't turn into a femme fatal,but she had started dressing well,even follow a few latest styles and what made me very happy was that she had learned to apply the eyelinerLOL.

This year she got married.Happily,she really has grown very very pretty and in her reception she was looking like a doll.For the first time in my life I don't feel guilty about my looks.It's like this huge burden that has been taken off my chest.Though I wish this had come a liitle earlier and not after my marriage and two kids!!!!

Metamorphosis is a very painful procees and it takes a lot of time,introspection and effort.Beleive me,Jassi and numerous other girls like her out there have an upheaval task ahead of them.But it has to come from within them.And beleive me,when it does come,it's almost like seeing a new person.

Jammy.....Hey,U haven't fallen asleep by chance,have you????????

Edited by Minnie - 12 November 2004 at 10:05am
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 12 November 2004 at 10:11am | IP Logged

Very well said Minnie!ClapClap

Jassi has ALWAYS had a complex about her looks. She tries to remain +ve and optimistic, but deep down she has always felt the pinch of being called ugly.

Considering the fact that she's supposed to get a makeover, it is essential for Jassi to become insecure about her physical appearance otherwise it wont make any sense when she gets one.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 12 November 2004 at 10:14am | IP Logged
           And beleive me,if one goes into such circumstances where importance is given to looks ( fashion indutry IS all about that ),retrospection about one's looks is bound to follow,sooner or later.
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 12 November 2004 at 10:15am | IP Logged
       Btw Mysty,we 2 seem to be the only ppl online today.Hardly any activity since yesterday.
lakshmi_maruthi Goldie
lakshmi_maruthi
lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 12 November 2004 at 10:18am | IP Logged

wow Minnie.. very well said..  and agree totally Mystica.. Jassi has always felt insecure about her looks and so does Nandu.  Nandu atleast tries but Jassi just doesn't have the confidence when it comes to looks.. Now with the makeover jsut ahead they had bring up the insecurities in her..

And Jammy.. good catches.. I was going "why the hell is Purab giving such a party? so not like him" all the time I saw that party.. 

BTW what is this PAGE 3 party? not that I like what I saw but just curious after the show

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 12 November 2004 at 10:33am | IP Logged

Page # parties are celebrity parties which make to the entertainment page of a newspaper.the term has come to be associted with entertainment and fashion ppl along with the elite class and the neo rich who keep making their way into the gossip columns of the tabloids.

Though it does seem weird,but fashion industry is actually full of such weirdos ( Maddy is a prime example in JJKN.Cynthia,the transversite gay hairstylist who is actually quite a fixture in most celebrity parties of bollywood is another.Just take a look at the Lakme Fashion Week gatherings.You'll know.) Basically fashion industry is quite vain and ppl are always crying for attention and trying to outdo others,unlike other big buisnesses like software or textiles,and hence it's normal for even a person like Purab to hobnob with them.

Edited by Minnie - 12 November 2004 at 10:35am
lakshmi_maruthi Goldie
lakshmi_maruthi
lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 12 November 2004 at 10:37am | IP Logged

wow thanks Minnie.. now I know why I didn't know about it Wink.. LOLLOLLOL 

( Minnie you know why I don't know don't youWink?)

Edited by lakshmi_maruthi - 12 November 2004 at 10:37am

Go to top