Is SHAADI.COM reliable? Is it SHADY?

Posted: 10 years ago
I am shocked by SHAADI.COM and the responses I get for my ad.  ðŸ˜•  There are lots of people on there trying to find a partner.   This is the kind of response I got today for my ad:
"My sister went to USA on a Fiance Visa and got married in 2002.   Her husband abused her both physically and mentally. Then she was rescued by the COPS in a dangerous
condition.  After this event (approximately 5 months after her marriage) her husband applied
for divorce which never ended until 2008. This was an arranged marriage and the groom and his family is known to our family. She went through many hurdles in her life and Mr. Makkar,
a punjabi person helped her during the economic hardship. To return him this favor my sister agreed to help him by sponsoring Makkar's brother on family petition. This was an understanding between the parties involved and there was no real relationship.  The first divorce got finalized in 2008, and the second one in 2010."
I politely declined, at least someone was being honest.  But, I say I am looking for love.  Would you want to be with someone who had an abusive marriage?  

Please share your thoughts as this is a serious topic and I value all your opinions from all forums.  
that's the thing about life, not everyone comes with a perfect or pretty past ... everyone needs love; unless the person is the type you should stay away from don't let a past like that get in the way of getting to know that person... after all it's not her fault that happened to her ... who knows she may be the sweetest gem of a person you'll ever meet ðŸ˜Š

in the first instance,i wouldn't even post on such sites 
scams and trolls are inevitable

and looking for a partner online is not a good option in my opinion
Originally posted by LadyDabangg

yes I agree about the online thing... I personally would be too scared to ever use an online dating site 
Originally posted by -Dynamite-

yes I agree about the online thing... I personally would be too scared to ever use an online dating site 
people cheat and falsify their data in real life
online is much more riskier

plus absence of personal touch

its better to meet the person and know him in personally than online
Originally posted by LadyDabangg

😊  Thanks for your opinion Divya.  Today's world is about online dating.  You just have to be careful and if you meet the right person, everything is good.

I always run everything by my parents.  And of course, I am going to meet in person.

Originally posted by LoveProfusion

Today's world is about online dating.
Whats wrong with the off line mode? 😕
Originally posted by zorrro

Whats wrong with the off line mode? 😕

Nothing, but I like to see what is out there.  ðŸ˜Š

Nothing, but I like to see what is out there.  ðŸ˜Š
You mean idle curiosity! 😆

Would you want to be with someone who had an abusive marriage?

It would be dangerous to be with the abuser and not the victim.
Edited by zorrro - 10 years ago
Have you ever put an ad on a matrimonial website or newspaper. Following are some of the most funniest ads that you might find out there . Have any of you posted this?

Hello To Viewvers My Name is Santheesha , I am single i dont have Famale,If any one whant to marrie to me u can visite to my home. I am not a good education but i working all field in bangalroe.. if u like me u welcome to my heart... when ever u whant to meet pls viset my resident or send u letter.. Thanks yours Regards Santheesha (R U there Mr.???)

- i want very simple girl. from brahmin educated family from orissa state he
is also know about RAMAYAN, GEETA BHAGABATA, and other homework (Homework?)

- Wants a woman who knows me better and can adjust with me forever. She may never create any difficulties in my life or her life by which the entire life can run smoothly. thank you (The principle of running life smoothly was never so easy!)

- She should be good looking and should have a service. She Shoulsd have one brother and one sister. She should be educated. (ain't it unique !! 1 brother 1 sister criteria !)

- I am a happy-go-lucky kind of person. Enjoys every moments of life. I love to make friendship. Becauese friendship is a first step of love. I am looking for my dreamgirl who will love me more than i. Because i love myself a lot. If u think that is u then why to late come on ... hold my hand forever !!! (The dilwale dulhaniya effect)

- i am simple boy.I have lot ofproblemin mylife because ofmylucknow i amlooking onegirlshe caremeandloveme lot lot lot (I don't know why but this is one of my favorites)

- My wife should be as 'Parwati' as in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and as Tulsi as in KSBKBT... (Ok I haven't seen these soaps but I am sure he must be demanding too much, ain't he?)

- i want a girl with no drinks if she wants she can wear jeans in house but while steping out of house she should give recpect to our cast (by not wearing her jeans? ahem...)

- HYE I AM A GOOD LOKING GUY,WHO HAS THE CAPABILITY TO MAKE ANY BODY TO LOUGH.I BELIEVE IN GOD AND ACCORDING TO ME FRIENDS ARE THE REAL MESSENGER OF GOD. THE 3 THINGS I AM LOOKING FROM A GIRL ,THEY ARE 1.THEY MUST BELIEVE IN GOD.2. THEY HAVE TO LIKE MY PROFFESION AND THEY SHOULD NOT GET BORED WITH ME WHEN I WILL TRY TO MAKE THEM LOUGH. (all of us are loughing)

- whatever she may be but she should feel that she is going to be someone bride and she must think of the future life if she is toolike this she would bde called the lady of the lamp (I am clueless, I feel so lost)

- i love my patner i marriage the patner ok i search my patner and i love the patner ok thik hai the patner has a graduate ok (I am again clueless but I liked the use of "ok". The person is suffering from "Ok-syndrome")

- HI IAM VERY COOL NUATHER OK MY HOBBY IS SEE T.V AND NEWS OK I HAVE 1 CAR AND 1 BONWL OK MY MOTHER ALSO GOOD OK MY FARUET WORLD IS OK (the "ok syndrome" again)

- looking for a well groomed bride. well behaved & knowing to cook chicken. Should be familiar to handle (hmm...handle?)

- HANDSOME, SMART LOOKING, TRYING IN MODELLING INTERESTED IN MEDICINE, HAVING NO GIRL FRIENDS AT ALL. BUT WAS THERE IN MY SCHOOL TIME . I SHOWED THEM ALL RELEASED MOVIES (hmm...)

- iam pradip my family histoy my two brother two sister and fater&mother sister complity marred (somebody please explain in comments section how to get married 'completely'?)

- iam very simpel and hanest. i have three sister one brother and parent. i am doing postal sarvice and tailor master my original resdence at kalahandi diste naw iam staing at rayagada dist.(I doubt the presence of some of our batchmates...:))

- my name is farhan and i am unmarried. pleaes you marrige me pleaes pleaes pleaes pleaes pleaes pleaes pleaes (height of desperation!)

- Iwant one girl who love me or my mother. she love me heartly or she havea frank she's skin colour 'normal'not a black or not a whitey. IThink the main think is heart if your heart is beautiful then you are beautiful. but iam not a handsome person or not a good looking. but my Mom say that Iam a good person. My father already expired . iam ''AEKLAUTA''. THE CHOICE IS YOUR. bye bye.(Its gonna be Saas-Bahu...)

- good looking girl, smart and inteligent girl, working effeciency is must.

- iam kanan. i do owo businas.one sistar.he was marred.

- hello i am a good charactarised man. i want to run my life happily.i'divorced my first wife.her charactor is not good'. i expect the good minded'and clean habits girl who may be in the same caste or other caste accepted ... (but credit cards not accepted) .

- my colour is black,but my heart is white.i like social service

- i'm looking out for who lives in bombay, girl simple who trust me lot should be roman catholic, LOVE ME ONLY. (Now that criterion is a must, isn't it?)

- to be married on jan-2005. working woman perferable (this guy has fixed the marriage date too! But he is yet to find a bride. I wish him best luck on behalf of all of us. I am sure he will get one soon.)

- i would like a beautyfull girl. and i do not want her any treasure. because girl is the mahalakshmi. (Wow...Now she is going to be a luckygirl!)

- ssc failed three times and worked with privated ltd company which not paying salary at present. (Any takers ?)

- The partner must be tall to matchup. Working lady is preferable. Must be loving in nature. having no children problem. (A girl is supposed to know this before the marriage...????).

😛