Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
🤣

Originally posted by: ngayou

Sandhya, if u want our Jallu to shine , give him his chamkila birthday costume 😉 , that s the only way he can shine from now on ROFL

How true.Ouch🤣
AntaresVega thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Get it over it people. Why are you picking on such a small issue?
Pals2411 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Great post.👏 Thanks Maddy for pointing this post out in your Top 5 posts of this week😃 

A lot has been said already and I only agree to those. Just one line 'God helps those who help themselves'. No amount of explaining can help Ruq, even it is from Jalal himself. She might listen to him or she might choose to ignore him and flare further. It is what she CHOOSES. Till she herself takes charge to change her behaviour towards others and also delves into her own relationship with Jalal, she will be unable to come to terms with her changing equations with Jalal or between Jodha and Jalal. She needs to evolve with her growing age. There are already many people around to help her. The only thing she needs to do is keep her ego down, know that she wants help and talk it out. She will find Jalal, Salima, Gulbadan Begum, Hamida always around.

One more point that I wanted to add - When everybody around her can see Jallu being attracting/in love with Jodha, then I fail to understand why she doesn't. If she doesn't then it only shows her denial towards it or because Jalal has never said that to her. Now in this case, Jallu I think is deliberately avoiding it. Not only because he knows that Ruq can get quite dangerous to his relationship with Jo (he has seen her hatred towards Jo) but also to prevent her from getting hurt as he knows that she is very possessive about him. There are times when we don't broach a topic deliberately because direct confrontation can get nasty/very hurtful/depressing for the other party. Maybe Jalal is also avoiding it for the same. Ruq should start questioning circumstances around her. Try to talk with Jalal/Gulbadan/Hamida. Because I feel self help is the best help.
Edited by Pals2411 - 10 years ago
ayushimehra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaddyO

I think Rukayya is going to get the SHOCK OF HER LIFE not about Jalal Jodha relationship BUT when she comes to KNOW MA was the cause of her MC and when she will realise that SHE LET MA use her for her own needs and caused harm in Rukayya's own relationship with Jalal.

That is when she will HAVE to take a hard look at herself.

I had somewhat liked Rukayya of OLD but I am sorry I do not like what she has become - AND BLAMING JALAL or anybody else - she is NOT STUPID so why is she letting MA use her???

Do you remember how Rukayya used to dislike MA and be suspicious of her.  Remember the episode when Jalal was sleeping and Rukayya did not let MA come in to give imp news also.

Rukayya HAD BRAINS then - if she lets MA use her like this RUKAYYA IS GOING TO SUFFER and IT IS ONLY RUKAYYA who will be responsible for this. 

Rukayya KNOWS MA - IF ANYBODY IN JA KNOWS MA IT IS RUKAYYA
Jalal does NOT nor Jodha or HB or SB or anybody.
Rukayya KNOWS what MA is capable of SO WHY IS SHE LETTING MA USE HER????  How CAN SHE BLINDLY TRUST MA????????????

How can you fault Jalal for this??!!!!!!

If anything I think Jalal is doing her a FAVOR by showing his displeasure, if Rukayya values Jalal more than MA she should listen to HIM not MA.

Rukayya will NOT CHANGE till she is under influence of MA

Rukayya IS NOT LOOKING AT HER OWN ACTIONS.  If anything Jalal has BEEN MOST PAMPERING TOLERANT AND ADORING husband if not LOVING.  He lets her get away with her actions and that is why she is getting worse.  He punished BB but let Rukayya get away for Murti kand and did not even open her part in this to others.

Jalal Jodha relationship is NONE of Rukayya's business just as Jalal Rukayya relationship is NONE of Jodha's or Jalal Salima relationship if NONE of Jodha and Rukayya's.

Till RUKAYYA WANTS to DECIDE AND CONTROL HOW Jalal should behave with Jodha she is not going to change and she is going to harm her own relationship with her EGO.  Jalal is NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR Rukayya's actions ONLY SHE IS.  She has brains for God's sake why she is not using!

Stop feeling sorry for Rukayya - she NEEDS this to OPEN HER EYES and take a look at her OWN ACTIONS.

She WILL WHEN MA truth comes in front of her eyes esp the fact that MA deprived her of her life's most cherished dream

Jodha's position in Jalal's life is NOT FOR RUKAYYA to decide and SHE IS DOING THAT, so she is harming herself only by her actions.

good points dear
divyavm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hi Adi - great post! I love how you describe the gradual evolution of Jodha and Jalal as it has indeed been gradual and like typical humans. It is actually very beautiful as you think about it! They have adapted themselves to each other and circumstances. 
I think consistent with Ruqaiya's love for power , she wants to control her environment instead of changing herself! Not sure if that can ever be changed!
adiana12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyavm

Hi Adi - great post! I love how you describe the gradual evolution of Jodha and Jalal as it has indeed been gradual and like typical humans. It is actually very beautiful as you think about it! They have adapted themselves to each other and circumstances. 

I think consistent with Ruqaiya's love for power , she wants to control her environment instead of changing herself! Not sure if that can ever be changed!

Hehe, In effect Divya, you are calling Ruqs the 16th century version of a 'Control Freak'!!!😆
munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Pals2411

Great post.👏 Thanks Maddy for pointing this post out in your Top 5 posts of this week😃 

A lot has been said already and I only agree to those. Just one line 'God helps those who help themselves'. No amount of explaining can help Ruq, even it is from Jalal himself. She might listen to him or she might choose to ignore him and flare further. It is what she CHOOSES. Till she herself takes charge to change her behaviour towards others and also delves into her own relationship with Jalal, she will be unable to come to terms with her changing equations with Jalal or between Jodha and Jalal. She needs to evolve with her growing age. There are already many people around to help her. The only thing she needs to do is keep her ego down, know that she wants help and talk it out. She will find Jalal, Salima, Gulbadan Begum, Hamida always around.

One more point that I wanted to add - When everybody around her can see Jallu being attracting/in love with Jodha, then I fail to understand why she doesn't. If she doesn't then it only shows her denial towards it or because Jalal has never said that to her. Now in this case, Jallu I think is deliberately avoiding it. Not only because he knows that Ruq can get quite dangerous to his relationship with Jo (he has seen her hatred towards Jo) but also to prevent her from getting hurt as he knows that she is very possessive about him. There are times when we don't broach a topic deliberately because direct confrontation can get nasty/very hurtful/depressing for the other party. Maybe Jalal is also avoiding it for the same. Ruq should start questioning circumstances around her. Try to talk with Jalal/Gulbadan/Hamida. Because I feel self help is the best help.

as per jalal goes there is another point. jalal had already told ruku once tht jodha is his new friend. but as per love goes, he is not sure about jodha's feelings. its one-sided for him now. so maybe he fears tht if he tells ruku & ruku then questions jodha, jodha may reject him again. so this is sumthing which he wont share with anyone until nd unless he gets to know about jodha's feelings. so he also fears to hurt himself as well. love is a new emotion for him as well, so he also needs time to settle things out.
divyavm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: adianasr

Hehe, In effect Divya, you are calling Ruqs the 16th century version of a 'Control Freak'!!!😆

You got it! 

Teda emperor, chudail mirchi, and a control freak! 
Cleo12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
How could I miss this awesome post? Just saw it listed on Maddy's top 5 list...I agree with each and every word you have written.
I made several posts on MandyG's thread ' should Rukaiya be given a second chance'
Will post the two relevant ones here. Here is the first one.

Very good post Mandy. Thought provoking. It is always refreshing  to see things from a different perspective. I'll share my views here...I am commenting on reel not real Rukkiya. 

1. Is her jealousy justified? Yes... Can her recent actions be justified? ...I don't think so. A lot of us give her credit for accepting the presence of other women in Jalal's life. Is she being magnanimous ? Or should we feel sorry for her because the love of her life has other women in his life? To help us answer these questions, it important to first understand polygamous relationships and how real women cope with it. I'll use the example of  some polygamous sects in the US...yes, I am talking about the United states of America. Just because, I have had an opportunity to study and interact with a few. Sects like the members of the fundamentalist church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints ( FLDS) practice 'pleural marriage' . After reading about them and watching news/documentaries,  I was curious to know how can these 21st century women be comfortable living this kind of lifestyle when  they clearly have options and support of their govt and people. I personally know a couple of these women who were part of such relationships  but later moved out ( for different reasons). According to them most( not all)  women are very comfortable with this lifestyle and don't want any help to get out of the situation. In fact a polygamous family filed a lawsuit questioning the anti polygamy law in the US last year and a judge in state of Utah ( has the max number of poly families) struck down an important part of the law as unconstitutional!!! These families are now rejoicing( including women!!!!!) 
What can explain their acceptance of this type family structure? My theory after talking to them...since this is what they see while growing up they view it as ' normal'. They explain, ' Do you have a problem with your parents choosing to have other kids besides you? Are you jealous that they are also very important to your parents? Honestly, I couldn't see the similarity...but they did. 
Same is true for 16 th century  women. They accepted polygamy as 'normal'. Rukkiya accepting Jalal's other wives is not an act of magnanimity...neither should it be used as an excuse to explain her recent mean and vengeful behavior. If she absolutely didn't want to share her husband  physically or emotionally, she had a choice...divorce him...some may argue...divorce in 16th century wasn't acceptable...well, neither was expecting husbands to be monogamous...tough luck Rukkiya

2. She has already been given a second chance. BB and Rukkiya committed a somewhat similar  crime... They conspired to degrade Jodha in front of everyone  for their selfish reasons. One used a medicine to mimic pregnancy to dishonor her, other used religion and Mughal law to do the same. Infact, in Rukkiya's case, she was the mastermind as well.  Had Jalal not trusted Jodha in both the cases, she would have been punished severely per Mughal Laws. When exposed, while BB was punished, Rukkiya got away with a harsh warning by Jalal in the privacy of their Hojra. Jalal had evidence against Rukkiya...and finally she did confess. Yet, he didnt punish her...infact he protected her and did not  reveal the facts and evidence to anyone else. So she did get a second chance.

However, he was upset that she lied to him and warned her not to plot or scheme again...did she really listen to him?  ...in retrospect , it is clearly a  very cunning and unfair move on her part  to ask Jalal to vote first. He voted for her(his reasons- another post) knowing that he is giving her back her position and Audha which will make her more ferocious towards everyone who voted against her. He also knew that she did not deserve it after the idol incident. She had an agenda and chose to let Jodha win the election.Therefore, this was her third chance. He finally saw through it and was clearly upset but civil with her. She continues to lie to him and wants credit for her devious act as ' barrapan' 

So the question is should she get a forth chance? 

Edited by Cleo12345 - 08 March 2014 at 5:56am 

Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

This is the second one...

Hi Sandhaya, thanks for your wonderful response to my post and making this into such an interesting and fun discussion. Your questions are the underlined ones( having problem with colors on my laptop)

For those of us who took biology in school are probably familiar with Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection. It is one of the best substantiated theories in the history of science. Darwin argued that strong species survive in nature while the weak are wiped out. And who really are the strong ones... the ones who adapt and change according to the environment.

Herbert Spencer was the first one to use the survival of the fittest' term after reading Darwin's theory and applied it beyond biology...to economic and social context. Personally, I don't agree with everything Spencer suggested but his term survival of the fittest' does fit  a politically active and cut throat competitive environment of  the Harem of mighty Mughal emperor Akbar.

She wont Cleo...not till she destroys herself. Well this is the story is JA afterall.

But she has always been like this. Why the sudden distance?

Why the sudden distance? Good question. ...As .I explained in my previous post how things added up that led to Jalal's disappointment with Rukkaya's behavior...It did not happen overnight.  Ask Mahamanga...she noticed the subtle changes in Jalal's behavior from day 1. Though lenient towards people he loves, he does punish them harshly when he starts losing his patience.We have seen his behavior with HB, BB, Jodha, SD, AK, Ameris ...the list goes on. But  Rukkiya hasn't seen the worst...yet. All of us, even the most loyal Rukkaya fans don't have anything to say in defense regarding her idol stunt. But he let her get away with a slap on the wrist. It was a despicable act...AND she actually broke a  Mughal law. He did even not accuse her in front of anyone. Nor did  he share this info with Jodha, Salima or HB. But, the anger and disappointment that he felt will not go away overnight.  Hence the sudden  distance. He probably knows that he will blow up as she continues with her antics. In real life, a lot of us do that...when we are really irritated with a person and their behavior remains unchanged despite warnings, we try to avoid them till, either we calm down or they redeem themselves. But it is the responsibility of the the person who made the mistake to diffuse the situation. Jalal was clearly hurt and embarrassed by her behavior...he didn't expect her to stoop that low. We did not see any apology from Rukkiya for her behavior. Then she has the audacity to try and fool him by saying that she chose to lose the election because she was being large hearted' and she listens to him'. ...I wish she hadn't done that and just told him the truth...to be able to spend more time with him ( she could have omitted the keeping Jo busy part)...I think he would have taken it well...hats off to him for still not blowing up... I would have...But, he is a ticking time bomb...if she doesn't change asap, Rukkiya fans, hold your breath and be ready for another hum baat kar rahe hain' scene...or worse.

Rukkiya along with MA almost cornered Jalal and got him married/ nearly married to Ben. 

Jalal himself knows that she was unaware of Ben's identity. If ben was not a vk and jo had indeed falsely accused ben, what was wrong in her egging him to marry? She was as angry with Jo for dhakka-fying Jalal as he was. Her jealousy was an added factor.

I agree...Jalal was wrong...but that doesn't make Rukkaya's act right. I am not justifying him, but he is an alpha male whose ego was badly bruised by the woman he loves...he sought revenge...and paid a heavy price. Got bashed by all forum friends as well.  I don't buy that she did it because Jo rejected Jalal. Remember, how upset she was when she found out that Jalal probably  slept with Jodha when she was unconscious. So she is upset when they slept together...and upset when they didn't sleep together...beats me. This can be micro dissected but still won't make a whole lot of sense. She forced her husband to marry someone just so that  she is one up against Jodha...period.

The Hojra issue...that was stooping very low

She has always been so in the harem. She has been so and he knows it but has never cared so far. He happens to be hurt this time as it was his precious Jo who was hurt

Jab ankh khule tab savera'... I read your beautifully written post on Akbar's  achievements...he did not do it all on the day he was crowned king...as he became aware of the problems he made changes. He was a secular king and understood what it would mean if Kanha's murti was moved from the original place of sthapana'...he also understood why the diya shouldn't be extinguished as well. What is wrong with respecting the sentiments of people from other religions?  He wasn't nice to Jodha that day.  I think he did what he did because of his secular outlook...And even if he did it for Jodha, I don't see anything wrong with that. She is his wife and he does love her.  And, his reaction has nothing to do with Rukkaya's act of stooping to the point of religious intolerance just to humiliate Jodha. He corrected Rukkaya's mistake. Why should he be blamed for that.

Her outbursts and mishandling Jodha after boat track.

Any woman would be angry after such a debacle/misunderstanding. It was not the first time queens sent messages through baandhies. Jo too sent the letter only through Moti...didn't come personally to deliver it. He had always called Ruqs Khaas till then. She was unaware of the Rahim/ Jalal/ Jo convo that morning.

I understand  her anger. I actually sympathized with her...but manhandling... not acceptable in a rugby match. Even WWF has rules...Why should it be acceptable here?

Her behavior during the Salim Chisti track...btw men run away from clingy women

She has always had him to the exclusion of others. How does she know that she shouldn't now.

All these years he had enjoyed the cling

This is where the theory of evolution and survival of the fittest' applies very well. Those who don't change perish. Jalal and Jodha were also stubborn to begin with. Both suffered and learnt their lessons...both have embarked on their journey of love and happiness.

Rukkuya is an adult who is also blessed with a brain, eyes and ears...and a good spy network.. It is her responsibility to use that. If she doesn't, she'll learn the hard way.

Just quoting a 21st century study that proves that personality traits change as people age.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology,  How  personality traits known by psychologists as the "Big Five": conscientiousness, agreeableness, neuroticism, openness, and extroversion change as we grow older.  No need to bore you with details...the researchers found that certain personality traits change gradually but consistently throughout life -- and on average, people are getting better as get older.

Jalal is clearly changing...for the better...and should be given the credit for that...If Rukkaya is not willing to see that change and transform accordingly, then it is unfair to blame Jalal or anyone else for that. If she can learn Maham's tricks, she can certainly learn that now Jalal craves more than a cling.

Reports from begums/ baandi's about her behavior...he himself is very civil towards his staff most of the time.

Didn't anyone complain all these years? Even HB?

There is always a first time...this is how revolutions begin...people can have different reasons for not complaining...fear, ignorance, lack of insight etc. People didn't complain about Saddam Hussain or Gaddaffi when they were in power.  Sometimes a trigger is needed...in Harem's case, they saw a potential leader in Jodha who fair and strong and may be able do a better job. They grabbed the opportunity. If at all this small attempt at democracy should be appreciated, not criticized.  

Her begum e khaas chanting...clearly it is getting on his nerves. 

He was the one who fanned the fire

Sensible words by legendary Hollywood actress Katherine Hepburn

We are taught that you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change.

Ok, he fanned it...now he thinks that she has an OCD when it comes to her audha   and wants her to check that. ...It is actually for her own good. Thank god, he hasn't taken it back...like Adham's Subedaari.

Not sure if he knows abt how she behaved with Salima 

Her devious behavior during the election process

I still don't find anything devious here. I'll explain why I choose to call it devious So what if she wishes to know where she stands or what others think about her. It is natural, wanting to know how people perceive you, a sort of open opinion poll, to understand who is on her side Fine...acceptable...playing politics is not a crime. Using  Chanakya neeti of Sam, dam, dand, bhed is sometimes needed.  So she chose to let people vote even when she had made up her mind to resign from the position. BUT her attempt to hide the real reason and make it look like an act of baddappan' is what makes it wrong in my eyes. The dictionary meaning of devious fits when you look at the act from the beginning till the end...not in pieces. Had she won even without her vote being the decider, things were different. More people wanted her at the helm. But when she knew that an equal number wanted her out, she decided to spend her time to win Jalal back than put up with the harem.

Also, her truth about her role in idol issue was not out...she was not even accused publically like Jodha.  Yes, she was a suspect but so was Jodha...jalal's statement that Jodha is not capable of doing it may not have been good enough for some begums...After all, it was a religious issue. So, without the evidence against Rukkuya's  role in idol issue out, some unsure voters probably still doubted Jodha's intentions and voted against her...I won't call it a 50/50 battle. In fact here, Jalal favored Rukkuya over Jodha.

And of course, the idol issue...She broke a law and he has evidence as well as her confession...he has punished people for lesser crimes. 

This was   behaviour. But I am sure will be the first of its kind. Many will follow.

But why doesn't Jalal try to frankly explain to his friend of 15 yrs once atleast? Explain what ? and why? Is he committing a crime by falling in love with another wife who cares  enough that she almost died for him... It is an openly polygamic relationship. Nothing that she hasn't seen before...she was eager to get him married to Ben for God sake... She is a big girl...if not, she needs grow up. Moreover, Jalal is not her parent or teacher. He still treats her with kids gloves. He cant and shouldn't spoon feed her forever.  Give him a break. She needs to start learning things on her own. ate Not that she won't listen to him. She did in the Tasneem track...even accepted to co-operate with whver he decides the next day when he explained his stance, even the talaq. She was cornered during that track...she didn't have a choice but to listen to him. I actually felt very bad for her then.

He does take time out to express his pov to jo on different issues. He just told her his POV...he didn't like her lying and plotting. He wants her to play fair. He is no fool...he knows what Hoshiyaar is doing with Jodha. He could see through her reason for giving up the election...and still stubbornly lie about the real reason. She was asking for credit and be acknowledged as the large hearted one'...Sometimes Honesty is the best policy. Trying to act too smart puts off people.  I think this is what is pissing off Jalal most right now...he may be Teda but we have seen that he is respects honesty...Remember his bathtub dialogue...Hindustan ka Shehensha  jooth nahi bolta.  (Of course, there are harmless lies and serious lies and people know the difference).

Had he tried and Ruq still continued her bad behaviour then she will have no sympathies whatsoever. But now after encouraged her arrogance all these years and getting miffed about it after he has found a Jodha who is better and whom Chishti Baba has predicted would be the future MUZ, shows his friendship in bad light. 

This is a fact of life...best to accept it...as.people grow older...their outlook changes ...they want to interact with likeminded people...if childhood friends can't keep up or show negative traits, they are left behind...Jalal is not a Messiah...he has the right to change and  make choices.  

Remember...Change is the only constant in the universe...and only the fittest survive.

Best case scenario ( I do have a soft corner for her somewhere)... She sits back...no hukka...no hoshiyaar...definitely no MA...study  the situation...make a list of things that Jalal likes about Jodha...make a list of her own strengths...third list of things Jalal absolutely dislikes... re-evaluate...make a plan...make a plan B...then fight for Jalal...a fair one...Logic  never fails...not even in romance.

Edited by Cleo12345 - 10 March 2014 at 10:29am