Computers, Science, Technology

Importing DVCPro P2 MXF files to Sony Vegas Pro 11

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

cicixph

Groupbie

cicixph

Posted: 08 March 2014 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
"I have a Panasonic DVCPRO P2 camcorder that records .MXF video format, now I would like to import these projects to Sony Vegas Pro 11 for editing. What I want is to edit MXF files smoothly without codec problems, what video codec should I use? Can you recommend some software which can help me import and convert MXF to Sony Vegas Pro 11 smoothly?"

If you have a Panasonic DVCPRO P2 camcorder, you may want to edit Panasonic DVCPRO P2 MXF files in Sony Vegas Pro, though latest vegas added many new features, but it can't support P2 MXF footages well, you will encounter importing and editing problems. These problems may occur in Panasonic AJ-HPX3000/ AG-HPX300/ AJ-HPX2000/ AJ-HPX3700/ AJ-HPM200/ AJ-HPX2700/ AJ-HPM100/ AG-HVX200 and other models.

In order to edit your Panasonic DVCPRO P2 MXF footage in Sony Vegas Pro 11 smoothly, you should transcode MXF format to WMV format, which is best supported by Vegas Pro.

UFUSoft MXF Converter is best choice to get the work done. I have used this tools for a long time, and I also rewrap Canon MXF files to Premiere 5.5. This software can deal with almost all kinds of MXF videos. With it, I can effortlessly transcode the P2 MXF videos for smoothly editing in Sony Vegas Pro 11. Just take a look at the brief guide below.

How to import Panasonic DVCPro P2 MXF videos to Sony Vegas Pro 11 for smoothly editing

Step 1. Download, install and launch the UFUSoft P2 MXF Converter, and then click the button "File" to add P2 MXF footage to the program. (Note: You should find the MXF video from one MXF whole structure folder, here I take my P2-dvcpro25 as an example: double click the P2-dvcpro25> CONTENTS> VIDEO, and then you can find the MXF file.)

Step 2. Click "Profile" bar to determine output format. For smoothly editing in Vegas, you are recommended to choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas -> WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv), this format is best for Sony Vegas Pro 11 editing.

Step 3. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.

Step 4. Click "Convert" to start to convert Panasonic DVCPRO P2 to Sony Vegas Pro 11.

Note: Before start the conversion, click Edit button and you can deinterlace 1080p P2 MXF files for Sony Vegas via checking off the "Deinterlacing" box in the Video Editor.

With this Panasonic MXF to Sony Vegas Pro 11 converter, it becomes easy for you to convert P2 MXF video to Vegas Pro smoothly for editing.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Importing DVCPro P2 MXF files to Sony Vegas Pro 11" in Computers, Science, Technology forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top