Debate Mansion

Are Indians amongst the most racist? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 7:09am | IP Logged
The way discussion is going and people are associating "Characteristic based assumptions" as racism then...i can be a racist too Confused Ouch Cry if i don't like someone.. i may call them "karela" (bitter gound) LOL LOL LOL now.. tell me .. am i racist??? Cry

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are Indians amongst the most racist? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 7:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jprasad

I have noticed that sometimes Indians from India are biased towards indians who migrated to other countries like Trinidad and Fiji. There are times that I have walked into a store and received terrible treatment because of this bias. Still trying to figure out how being indian but from a different country makes one an untouchable.   Dead

Oh my !!! I never knew that !!!!

joyce, after meeting you, and knowing you for such a long time here, I have felt that you are perhaps more Indian than even I am......I have no idea why in the world would anyone do something like that !!!! Angry

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 7:15am | IP Logged
maryam, not liking and saying karela or ignoring is different thing. but ignorning and treating people bad based on their religion, cast, creed, color is what i call racism. Anyone who is different cast, color, creed from you and based on that if you turn them down adn treat them bad is racist to me.

RandomSquared

IF-Sizzlerz

RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 7:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

maryam, not liking and saying karela or ignoring is different thing. but ignorning and treating people bad based on their religion, cast, creed, color is what i call racism. Anyone who is different cast, color, creed from you and based on that if you turn them down adn treat them bad is racist to me.

exactly, i agree

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sowmyaa

Smile di i agree on that Smile

besides... the biggest example of racism is "Africa".. we know that africa is barbaric, cannibalistic, brutal, high AIDS and crime rates etc etc... but ever we tend to ask WHY?? Ouch THese people aren't given proper conditions to ACT like humans ... they are humans ...the advanced nations aren't paying attention to them becoz they "THINK" nothing can be done in africa Dead let these people kill themselves... Dead rubbish!!!

i believe the roots of racism stem from injustice.. there is an element of frustration and hatred in nations regarding other nations on different criterias.. but unfortunately due to such "Assumptions" people suffer the worst at times...even killings Dead

nbhattacharya

nbhattacharya

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
I experienced a very horrible feeling of racisim when once my husband mentioned that he was partly an aryan, his father is a bengali and mother a telugu lady. I was really shocked to hear that. He claims he does not care about race, but thinking about it I am sure his father brought it up in front of him somehow claiming to be superior to his mother. As far as I am concerned racists people have just not evolved as much as some of us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top