Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jprasad thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
I have noticed that sometimes Indians from India are biased towards indians who migrated to other countries like Trinidad and Fiji. There are times that I have walked into a store and received terrible treatment because of this bias. Still trying to figure out how being indian but from a different country makes one an untouchable.   ðŸ¤¢
-Masakali- thumbnail
umm...hate to say it, but i think that ur wrong. there are tons of other country more racist...my country being one of them. u should see how the people in my country...not all, but most, think of indians. but racism exists every where.
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think there are alot of streotypes in well...im Bangali so I wont say only Inidan. I think, many poeple a pre-jugmental, and prefer not giving others colored people a chance. I've seen, many elders act rudely toward a Black or Spanish co-worker or anything. When my relatives want to reant out their house, they always cross out the black and spanish people unless their really really in need of a tentant. So yeah, I think many Desi's have a pre set mind about others races which no matter what happenes, they refuse to change..hope im makin sense...it sounded better in my head 😆
sowmyaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: jprasad

I have noticed that sometimes Indians from India are biased towards indians who migrated to other countries like Trinidad and Fiji. There are times that I have walked into a store and received terrible treatment because of this bias. Still trying to figure out how being indian but from a different country makes one an untouchable.   ðŸ¤¢

really? I have never heard that before. I know couple families migrated from Trinidad and Fiji and to be frank people around me have very high regards for them. Some of them are highly educated and they are very very good from heart. I have also seen that these people are more Indians than me. They know history of each and every festivals and they speak great Hindi or other Indian languages. But I won't doubt you 'coz as they say "crow are black everywhere" so there might be Indians who hold biased towards them. But I agree JP, I can't get when Indians from India are biased towards Indians from other countires. However, we do see some lower casts like kam wali bai and other servants are treated in India. I know some of my friends who would not even want to touch them and literally till date treat them like untouchable.
MNMS thumbnail
The way discussion is going and people are associating "Characteristic based assumptions" as racism then...i can be a racist too 😕 😭 if i don't like someone.. i may call them "karela" (bitter gound) 😆 😆 😆 now.. tell me .. am i racist??? 😭
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: jprasad

Oh my !!! I never knew that !!!!

joyce, after meeting you, and knowing you for such a long time here, I have felt that you are perhaps more Indian than even I am......I have no idea why in the world would anyone do something like that !!!! 😡

sowmyaa thumbnail
maryam, not liking and saying karela or ignoring is different thing. but ignorning and treating people bad based on their religion, cast, creed, color is what i call racism. Anyone who is different cast, color, creed from you and based on that if you turn them down adn treat them bad is racist to me.
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sowmyaa

maryam, not liking and saying karela or ignoring is different thing. but ignorning and treating people bad based on their religion, cast, creed, color is what i call racism. Anyone who is different cast, color, creed from you and based on that if you turn them down adn treat them bad is racist to me.

exactly, i agree

MNMS thumbnail
[Quote=sowmyaa]maryam, not liking and saying karela or ignoring is different thing. but ignorning and treating people bad based on their religion, cast, creed, color is what i call racism. Anyone who is different cast, color, creed from you and based on that if you turn them down adn treat them bad is racist to me.
[/Quote]
😊 di i agree on that 😊

besides... the biggest example of racism is "Africa".. we know that africa is barbaric, cannibalistic, brutal, high AIDS and crime rates etc etc... but ever we tend to ask WHY?? THese people aren't given proper conditions to ACT like humans ... they are humans ...the advanced nations aren't paying attention to them becoz they "THINK" nothing can be done in africa 🤢 let these people kill themselves... 🤢 rubbish!!!

i believe the roots of racism stem from injustice.. there is an element of frustration and hatred in nations regarding other nations on different criterias.. but unfortunately due to such "Assumptions" people suffer the worst at times...even killings 🤢
nbhattacharya thumbnail
I experienced a very horrible feeling of racisim when once my husband mentioned that he was partly an aryan, his father is a bengali and mother a telugu lady. I was really shocked to hear that. He claims he does not care about race, but thinking about it I am sure his father brought it up in front of him somehow claiming to be superior to his mother. As far as I am concerned racists people have just not evolved as much as some of us.