Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Are Indians amongst the most racist? (Page 3)

insouciance IF-Rockerz
insouciance
insouciance

Posted: 05 September 2006 at 12:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I try to fancy myself openminded but I will admit, I have seen more Desis getting married to Whites than Blacks...I can take Desi-White marraige more in a stride than a Desi-Black marraige. May be if I see more and more of the Desi-Back marraiges, I will subconciencely start taking those in a stride too.

Interesting point abhijit. I would not refer that to racist mentality for all people. There might be some who would take it taht way, but if you look at black community..general impression we have is they don't go to school, they are not educated, which lead to poor family value and all the things taht we indians give very high importance to. So rather than a color it is more like we don't prefer some habits and lifestyle. I don't mean to say all white are educated, but if you compare we see blacks just strolling around, doing nothing, etc.

good to see you back sowmyaaHug

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 05 September 2006 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

This news is simply disgusting if true, saw it today in News too...

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=Wo rld_News&month=September2006&file=World_News20060905 4827.xml

That's Life: A class act -- Eco-scavenger dumped
Web posted at: 9/5/2006 4:8:27
Source ::: AFP

New Delhi • An Indian eco-scavenger claimed he was barred from flying business class because of his appearance, a report said yesterday. Santraj Maurya, who earns his living recycling paper and plastic from Delhi's garbage dumps, said a charity had given him the ticket to travel to a waste disposal conference in Brazil. But Alitalia staff did not believe his explanation of how he had a business-class ticket costing thousands of dollars, he told the Asian Age newspaper. Maurya said that check-in staff at Delhi airport told him he would not be allowed to travel business class because he "did not look like a businessman". The airline called security and he was whisked out of the airport, the report said.

Maurya, who missed the conference in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, could not be contacted for further comment. But an Alitalia official denied that the state-run carrier screened passengers on the basis of their socio-economic background. "We have no such policy. We have taken the allegation in a very serious way," said Fabio Bigotti, the airline's general manager in India.The Chintan Environmental Research and Action Group reportedly brought Maurya a business-class ticket because all economy tickets had sold out.

Hamaare desh mein hamaare nagrik ke saath aisa vyavahaar.Angry Alitalia must apologise publicly and pay compensation to him. We should also not allow Alitalia to fly to-from India for a month.Dead I saw his interview, he mentioned how they talked with him (Arre kahaan ghus rahe ho...agar 100 baar bhi aa jaao to nahin ghusne denge)...Angry

sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Nushie, Abhijit good to know that someone missed me WinkTongue it's really great to be back to DM and see all friends....Hug
insouciance IF-Rockerz
insouciance
insouciance

Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:43pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Nushie, Abhijit good to know that someone missed me WinkTongue it's really great to be back to DM and see all friends....Hug

and may I ask you if you're still mad at meCry,..Allow me to spam this onceCry

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 06 September 2006 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
I have noticed that sometimes Indians from India are biased towards indians who migrated to other countries like Trinidad and Fiji. There are times that I have walked into a store and received terrible treatment because of this bias. Still trying to figure out how being indian but from a different country makes one an untouchable.   Dead
-Masakali- IF-Dazzler
-Masakali-
-Masakali-

Posted: 06 September 2006 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
umm...hate to say it, but i think that ur wrong. there are tons of other country more racist...my country being one of them. u should see how the people in my country...not all, but most, think of indians. but racism exists every where.
RandomSquared IF-Sizzlerz
RandomSquared
RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 06 September 2006 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
I think there are alot of streotypes in well...im Bangali so I wont say only Inidan. I think, many poeple a pre-jugmental, and prefer not giving others colored people a chance. I've seen, many elders act rudely toward a Black or Spanish co-worker or anything. When my relatives want to reant out their house, they always cross out the black and spanish people unless their really really in need of a tentant. So yeah, I think many Desi's have a pre set mind about others races which no matter what happenes, they refuse to change..hope im makin sense...it sounded better in my head LOL
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jprasad

I have noticed that sometimes Indians from India are biased towards indians who migrated to other countries like Trinidad and Fiji. There are times that I have walked into a store and received terrible treatment because of this bias. Still trying to figure out how being indian but from a different country makes one an untouchable.   Dead

really? I have never heard that before. I know couple families migrated from Trinidad and Fiji and to be frank people around me have very high regards for them. Some of them are highly educated and they are very very good from heart. I have also seen that these people are more Indians than me. They know history of each and every festivals and they speak great Hindi or other Indian languages. But I won't doubt you 'coz as they say "crow are black everywhere" so there might be Indians who hold biased towards them. But I agree JP, I can't get when Indians from India are biased towards Indians from other countires. However, we do see some lower casts like kam wali bai and other servants are treated in India. I know some of my friends who would not even want to touch them and literally till date treat them like untouchable.

Go to top