Debate Mansion

Are Indians amongst the most racist? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

*TiA*

*TiA*

Posted: 03 September 2006 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
LOL LOL ...oops sorry...i totally misunderstood the topic. i wudnt say indians r shy towards blacks...or tht indians r rascist towards black ppl bt i think tht they wud rather keep a distance among themselves n black ppl...bcos i think they r a bad influence...since (i no this this is stereotypical) sum have a really bad attitude.

Edited by *TiA* - 03 September 2006 at 1:29pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are Indians amongst the most racist? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*TiA*

*TiA*

Posted: 03 September 2006 at 1:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by *TiA*

i dnt agree. i dnt think tht its justifiable 2 say tht an entire race...in this case indians...r racist. u cant put the attitute of a small minority against those of different cultures...on the rest of the indian population. 2 a certain degree...sum indians do still have animosity against muslims n in sum cases they dnt agree with their children gettin in2 a relationship with muslims...bt it is lyk tht with black n white ppl also.

however on the other hand...i feel indians r the least rascist ppl in the world...bcos ther r many indians living in all parts of the world n wheras they accept and adapt themselves 2 the western way n know about their culture n religious beliefs...the vast majority of the western population dnt. n i feel tht they r mre rascist. they dnt evn wna no about other cultures or respect their beliefs n js make comments lyk get out of our country n go bck 2 ur own country...thts nt very civilised. btw...this is js an xample...im not sayin every1 is lyk tht...Embarrassed ...bt i do think westerners r more self-absorbed.

Tia we are talking of Indians amongst the blacks. Thats what racist means. Hindu-muslim is NOT a race !!!!!!!!!

How many Indians have you seen very chummy with the African Brits in UK or the African-Americans in U.S  ? They are shy of the "black" colour.

yes i no tht...i did briefly mention muslims...bt if u read what i sed...i was tlkin bout white n black ppl over-rall...Embarrassed

CuteManjot

CuteManjot

Posted: 03 September 2006 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
yes and no here in canada people r racist against indian becuz in b.c alot of drug and street races r by indo canadians but no indian kill someone or rape a kid and in the proviance or sun they did a suvry about crime and who does more indo candaians english or african and they only asked english people no indians or coloured and it was indians who were number one that is all i have to say we can be racist to but other people of diffeent cultures r to

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 03 September 2006 at 8:39pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by SolidSnake

Yes, it is true to an extent. We have derogatory names for every community. In North, anyone with Oriental looks is Chinky, anyone from South is a Madrasi, anyone with dark complexion is Kalu, every Rickshaw-puller/Mazdoor/Daily wage earner is a Bihari and is a 3rd class person, we are taught since childhood that Banias are cunning people. Everyone loves to make fun of everyone else. Don't how it is in South and other parts of Country. Our movies also share the blame, they still portray people in a streotyped fashion. Pata nahin yeh sab kaise khatm hoga? Ouch

Deepak racism is against other races.Embarrassed What you mentioned is true and does make us "bigot".

But we often confuse the term "racism" ! Its only meant for different races-  Africans, Caucasions, Chinese origin, Hispanic and our race -India, Pakistan, Bagladesh makes us of the same race.Embarrassed

That's true,but honestly speaking,in india,there are just pockets blacks,caucacians etc...Here,sublta racism exists,and that's  in the form of discrimination based on colour

Actualy if we think about it,the roots of racism is actually the difference in skin tone,and difference in looks....and isnt that the criteria based on which we indians discriminate fellow indians...In fact,what we practice is wore than racismDead

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 03 September 2006 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CuteManjot

yes and no here in canada people r racist against indian becuz in b.c alot of drug and street races r by indo canadians but no indian kill someone or rape a kid and in the proviance or sun they did a suvry about crime and who does more indo candaians english or african and they only asked english people no indians or coloured and it was indians who were number one that is all i have to say we can be racist to but other people of diffeent cultures r to

See this is a funny defensive mechanism. If others are racists , its fine for us to be racists!!!

Here we are analysing our own behaviour. Its like before we go accusing others of something lets first answer do we do the same thing as them ???? If yes !!! Then we shouldn't expect any better treatment from others towards us !!! Before pointing fingers lets see do these fingers point at us too.

If you can safely say No, then you have every right to call another racist !!

Edited by Aparna_BD - 03 September 2006 at 9:08pm

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 04 September 2006 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Thanks Aparna for allowing the thread. Embarrassed

Yes I too have seen Indians passing derogatory comments to students from African sub continent. Indians neither befriend them nor do they respect them Cry. Actually Indians exhibit their worst behaviour towards black people Dead .

We do not spare white people either & call them firangi & terming all white women as "loose". And perceiving them as means to fulfill gratification.

But wld like to add here that some of the African students do get subsumed into the drug trade. Further the white women esp from erstwhile USSR practice flesh trade in the metros.The rising tourist influx to Goa has its share of pedophiles and many people suspect everyone to be that. People start suspecting all & label them as criminals & use pejoratives for themOuch.

I am not justifying this act. It still is deplorable but apart from the orthodox Indian mindset Dead of fair is beautiful there are actions which boost it.

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 04 September 2006 at 6:50am | IP Logged

Originally posted by CuteManjot

yes and no here in canada people r racist against
indian becuz in b.c alot of drug and street races r by indo canadians
but no indian kill someone or rape a kid and in the proviance or sun
they did a suvry about crime and who does more indo candaians english
or african and they only asked english people no indians or coloured
and it was indians who were number one that is all i have to say<span> we can be racist to but other people of diffeent cultures r to</span>

See this is a funny defensive mechanism. If others are racists , its fine for us to be racists!!!

Here we are analysing our own behaviour. Its like before we go accusing
others of something lets first answer do we do the same thing as them
???? If yes !!! Then we shouldn't expect any better treatment from others towards us
!!! Before pointing fingers lets see do these fingers point at us too.

If you can safely say No, then you have every right to call another racist !!

Very well said Aparna. Clap
We need introspect ourselves before feeling offended at what others inflict upon us.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 05 September 2006 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I try to fancy myself openminded but I will admit, I have seen more Desis getting married to Whites than Blacks...I can take Desi-White marraige more in a stride than a Desi-Black marraige. May be if I see more and more of the Desi-Back marraiges, I will subconciencely start taking those in a stride too.

Interesting point abhijit. I would not refer that to racist mentality for all people. There might be some who would take it taht way, but if you look at black community..general impression we have is they don't go to school, they are not educated, which lead to poor family value and all the things taht we indians give very high importance to. So rather than a color it is more like we don't prefer some habits and lifestyle. I don't mean to say all white are educated, but if you compare we see blacks just strolling around, doing nothing, etc.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top