Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

India-Forums

Analyzing the downfall of TMKOC

Aarti_16 IF-Dazzler
Aarti_16
Aarti_16

Posted: 05 March 2014 at 1:45am | IP Logged

We are all here in this forum because we loved the show and wanted to share views, thoughts with others sharing the same liking for the show. but lately there have been more negative comments for the show than ever before. Lot of criticism for the story tracks, finding faults with characters, dissatisfaction over the lack of comedy, need to change the characters. It's almost like nothing is going right. I don't know if the makers of the show visit the forum and take the feedback but if they don't here's my two cents about the downfall of the show.

Why did this happen ? The show which was so much liked by many and which was almost at no 2 spot at one time has slowly started to fall apart.

1. The main reason people watched this show was because it was a clean comedy, it made them relax at the end of the day and this was one of the better show on air  which provided laughs. Comedy was the USP. I don't know who told  them to change the genre of show from comedy to social message show. Was it the channel or the makers themselves ? Nothing wrong with their intentions but slowly they made all characters too big or mahaan as the forum members would say. Biggest example is Tappusena and chachaji. The show became too boring for even the hardcore fans.
  2. There is no growth in the story or characters. Unfortunately the makers have forgotten that  7 years is a big time.What you may have seen 7 years back and liked it, laughed at is no more funny because with time everything changes. People change, the taste changes, the like changes. If you keep on showing the same jokes, people at some time will lose interest. Take for example Hathi and Goli's craze for khana or Taarak Mehta's jokes about his diet crazy wife or how a man is so dukhi if he is married. How many times can you laugh at the same jokes ? In an effort to show good relations between members even the best tracks like Jetha-Bhide fights die without fizz. 
  3. No new characters introduced in the show. It is hard to believe that Mehta and Iyer are childless still or Popatlal can't get a bride or Tapu sena can be school going children. As Asit Modi said it is difficult to introduce change in the established show. My argument is it is not. Change is the only constant thing. People get used to watching new things. They may like or dislike but they are willing to see changes in the show. He has to take the risks because TV is a medium where audience is fickle minded.
  4. Excessive movie promotions totally killed the how. Thankfully they have reduced it now but in last two years it was there almost every other week. society members getting dressed up to meet the film stars was believable once but then it became such a routine that it became unbelievable
  5. All the actors in the show are just television actors first and not film stars, singers, dancers that their talent shows, singing competitions or dance performances would entertain people more than once. It is not necessary that all festivals need to be celebrated and that too in the same way. 
  6. Some tracks have become totally repulsive. I don't want to go in Jetha-Babita flirting track details as it has been discussed umpteen times but  when majority of your audience is also women, you have to be sensitive to their viewpoint too.
  7. With success, the producer has become bigger than the show and hence his continuous appearances make him look vain and conceited and the show totally silly and again unrealistic.
  8. Too much wastage of precious show time. How many times we have seen that a character explains things or a complete track in mute to some other character ?These are  filler moments and  the viewer has time to reach for remote and change the channel.
  9. Lastly Disha Vakani. Need I say more ? The show's initial strength has become the biggest irritation.
  10. Loyal audience will still watch the show because frankly there is no option for a comedy show  at present plus there is always a hope that a better track could be on  the way. So TRPs would still be good. This show is face of SAB TV and they will never let go of it. But then how long can you  hold the viewers interest in an insipid show?

Please excuse me for the long post and sorry of I hurt anyone's sentiments.  I have loved the show all these years but now hardly get a motivation to watch the show. I have skipped so many of latest shows. It is sad but the question remains is IS THE BEST OVER for TMKOC ? Is it time to stop watching the show.

Please share your thoughts and comments

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

mariyemimmirakalyani_shivanjani123severus1_Rohitterenaam_ahm..kimaya..angelic8219balashiv15PoochiePiesparkle2985Proud-India

terenaam_ahm IF-Dazzler
terenaam_ahm
terenaam_ahm

Posted: 05 March 2014 at 2:16am | IP Logged
@devica

being a loyal fan of TMKOC i really appreciate your observations, and agree with you on each point you made

1) from being a common man show...its has become super man show, and each character has become super human ( fierce competition is between tapu sena and champak lal )
2) it was such a clean comedy show and tracks were based on incidents that happen in daily life of a common man, now everything show is uncommon
3) Daya...as you said...lesser we say about her is better, she has become Daya Devi...as she has solution for every thing and being uneducated...she is doing all this super stuff is like...wow..Angry
4) I am a big fan of this show and i use to love this show, now i watch all the old episdoes only because i really think the best of this show is done and this is really a new low and i blame this only on one man that is Mr. ASIT MODI... success has gone on his head and he is ruining a wonderful show

IT REALLY HURTS SEEING THE STANDARD OF THIS SHOW GOING DOWN..

i also skipped lots of tracks in recent time, the only saving grace of this show is jethalal and bhide's acting..!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

immiraAarti_16dey.bhPoochiePie

balashiv15 IF-Rockerz
balashiv15
balashiv15

Posted: 05 March 2014 at 3:40am | IP Logged
@devica so true 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mariyem

..kimaya.. IF-Dazzler
..kimaya..
..kimaya..

Posted: 05 March 2014 at 4:07am | IP Logged
@devica...u spoke so well..I agree with each point that you highlighted...I still remember the old episodes when I used to wait for 8.30 eagerly...seriously that was the best time..they should make changes in the show and help it regain its position..thats all i can say..Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mariyemAarti_16Proud-India

_Rohit IF-Dazzler
_Rohit
_Rohit

Posted: 05 March 2014 at 5:14am | IP Logged
Agree 100% @devica...i am fine with some social message but there must be some comedy, the reason i watch the show is to be entertained...
Daya's voice and tapu sena ki mahanta is so irritating...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aarti_16Proud-India

Proud-India IF-Sizzlerz
Proud-India
Proud-India

Posted: 05 March 2014 at 5:43am | IP Logged
Aarti Di...1000% agreed

I will reply you in long later

But thanks thanks thanks a lot for beautifully written whole post.

Each & every points are perfect

From last 6 months , TMKOC is not same

I still watch old episodes & new one ...where's the comparison ??

High time to CV's & production ...we must need to contact SAB or Production team to send this message because they are totally dumb  now & always ignore it.

Show is now falling down slowly ...not in top 5 very soon

I have skipped whole Tapu Sena episode

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mariyemimmiraAarti_16_Rohit

dey.bh IF-Dazzler
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 05 March 2014 at 8:18am | IP Logged
I go with your viewpoint word by word Devica

seriouly, I fail to udnerstand why they cannot introduce new characters in an established show. They have introduced Bagha and popatlal. And yes why Mehta and Iyyer are childless and interfere in every thing that include tappusena is something I cant relate to.

Please makers, Bring new stories and characters . No more social messages for heaven's sake!

immira

_Rohit IF-Dazzler
_Rohit
_Rohit

Posted: 05 March 2014 at 8:23am | IP Logged
The makers of the show should see this post...

mariyem

Go to top