Sano88

IF-Veteran Member

Sano88

Posted: 02 September 2006 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Manasi heats up Sonu's tour
   By: Tushar Joshi
   September 2, 2006
Manasi Verma
Currently, Manasi Verma is in Washington DC anchoring Sonu Niigaam's Simply Sonu concert. Calling herself a huge fan of Sonu, Manasi says she loves sitting in the audience during breaks and watch ing him perform.

Even though she has hosted live shows before, this is the biggest international concert Verma has been a part of.

Initial nervousness

Was she nervous getting on stage in the beginning? "Yes, I was quite jittery in the first show. But with time, I have become confident and know how to face the audience." The actress recalls how she fumbled one time and then said sorry to a live crowd. "Sonuji came up to me and asked me how I could have said sorry. He's like, 'it's okay you made a mistake, but you don't have to say sorry'."

However, Manasi has come a long way from apologising to the crowd, to getting some phirangs dancing up on their seats. "There are these locals who will be all uptight and sit on their seats politely. But the moment Sonuji starts singing they will be dancing on top of their seats."

Request list

Comprising two segments with an interval in between, the show also has Sonu's dad Agam Niigaam and Sowmya Rao joining him on stage.

However, Manasi's favourite part is meeting the fans after the show is over. "You will be surprised that kids want him to sing a Sun Zara as opposed to a Just Chill. The locals prefer the more romantic Saathiya title track."

When asked what are the most requested tracks on the show, she says, "Tu kab yeh jaanegi number is very popular and he's performing it at every stop. Apart from that the Veer-Zaara track and Sandese aate hai are high on the request list."

Fan pehchaan

When asked what type of ensembles she is wearing for the show, she says, "I have a couple of hot numbers. There are these corsets, and some lovely tunics with sequin work on them. I love the clothes I get to wear."

Did she meet any Indians who followed her serials and recognised her? "Sonuji would get mobbed after every concert. They wanted to touch him, take pictures and ask him some really weird questions. I was surprised
to see the number of Indians who watched me in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. It took some time for them to register who I was, but they soon identified me from CID and Kahaani."

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SuperGrl126301Irish_Prideumi82990aish2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Manasi heats up Sonu's tour" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

**Fazila_Sui**

IF-Rockerz

**Fazila_Sui**

Posted: 03 September 2006 at 8:50am | IP Logged
kewl intersting artcile thanks for posting Smile

urmipn

Groupbie

urmipn

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Thank u very much for my Sonu Nigam Hug

Post Reply New Post

Go to top