Thendral

Thendral 3-8th March 2014 (sat-pg4) (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

svr230

svr230

Posted: 07 March 2014 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
Kalyani better patch up with Mohan. As Indira deeps mom will
Show her true colors. She is not going to feed if Kalyani cannot
Drive. And Thule is not fit for anything to help her out. She
Still did not return back kal money

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Thendral 3-8th March 2014 (sat-pg4) (Page 3)" in Thendral forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

incorrigible

Goldie

incorrigible

Posted: 07 March 2014 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jan50

This is a lot better serial compared to others. At least it shows some reality even though some
Characters are over the top. It shows ordinary middle class and their struggles. Occasionally some 
Goons, but has come a long way from dwelling on them. Much betterbthan Radhika's serials.

I'm guessing you haven't watched Vani Rani? Wink It's going good yaar, no nonsense and fairly logical and realistic for a Tamil serial . . . Big smile And the comedy . . . Thumbs Up You should try it sometime . . . Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShathirlalaJan50Karthikka

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 08 March 2014 at 3:39am | IP Logged

This is a lot better serial compared to others. At least it shows some reality even though some
Characters are over the top. It shows ordinary middle class and their struggles. Occasionally some 
Goons, but has come a long way from dwelling on them. Much betterbthan Radhika's serials.

Sorry. I disagree. Kumaran has killed this serial, like how he killed Thirumathi Selvam. He started off with a good premise about a young girl wanting to improve her life and succeed at all costs and now where has it gone? According to my calculations Thulasi should have graduated last year itself.

Ordinary middle class and their struggles? How can you say that when you yourself have said that the characters are over the top? Everything is over the top - the plots, the characters, the dialogues.I don't think it is reality at all.

Kanagu-Roja story is just silly and ridiculous. Characters like Nila, Shiva, Maya - total waste of time and are hardly memorable. And they also made Tamil's character into an unpleasant arrogant nasty piece of work. Yesterday I wanted to slap him left and right. Angry

Radhika's serials - I loved Chitty and after that I could not be bothered - Chellameh, Annamalai. Selvi and Arasi had promise but total flop. But Vani Rani is far superior and definitely superior to other Sun serials. In my opinion. Needed to make that clear. Big smile

Edited by Karthikka - 08 March 2014 at 3:39am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Shathirlalaswash2Jan50incorrigible

incorrigible

Goldie

incorrigible

Posted: 08 March 2014 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Karthikka

Sorry. I disagree. Kumaran has killed this serial, like how he killed Thirumathi Selvam. He started off with a good premise about a young girl wanting to improve her life and succeed at all costs and now where has it gone? According to my calculations Thulasi should have graduated last year itself.

Ordinary middle class and their struggles? How can you say that when you yourself have said that the characters are over the top? Everything is over the top - the plots, the characters, the dialogues.I don't think it is reality at all.

Kanagu-Roja story is just silly and ridiculous. Characters like Nila, Shiva, Maya - total waste of time and are hardly memorable. And they also made Tamil's character into an unpleasant arrogant nasty piece of work. Yesterday I wanted to slap him left and right. Angry

Radhika's serials - I loved Chitty and after that I could not be bothered - Chellameh, Annamalai. Selvi and Arasi had promise but total flop. But Vani Rani is far superior and definitely superior to other Sun serials. In my opinion. Needed to make that clear. Big smile

I knew I could count on you to come to the rescue, I was just waiting for it. . . Wink Big smile LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShathirlalaKarthikka

Jan50

Goldie

Jan50

Posted: 08 March 2014 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Radhika's serials start brilliantly like Selvi and Chellame. But they are so incorigible aftervsome time. 
Thee are always two wiives or a concubine and first wife tolerating all kind of crap. Sorry. Her serials 
Are way off reality in my opinion. In thendral the characters are shown to have various shades of
Grey and which is more realistic. Yes you feel like slapping Tamil because you expect the hero to be
All perfect. But  it is possible that a good guy is gullible and some times greed grips him too.
Where as in Radhika's serial she is super perfect and solves all problems and gives speeches.
Which is kind of stale and
Far from reality. Chellame, Arasi and Selvi gave ne the impression how horrible her serials become when she drags on. Another bad serial is Kasturi. 
So let us agree to disagree.

Edited by Jan50 - 08 March 2014 at 4:50pm

dlakshswash2KarthikkaCaryn

Jan50

Goldie

Jan50

Posted: 09 March 2014 at 9:41am | IP Logged
TA was bang on when he said Kalyani should not have involved the police in a domestic problem before talking to Ta And Tul. When police gets involved the problem can take any shape. Just like
 there are bad people in The family,there coukd be bad people in police and they could escalate the problem. This is exactly what happened.

dlakshswash2KarthikkaCaryn

Shathirlala

Coolbie

Shathirlala

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 4:30pm | IP Logged

It was nice when Tamizh banged out Shiva

First we had husband and wife (MM and Padma) slapping the samandhi 
Now we have the husband and wife (Tamizh and Thulasi) banging out Shiva WinkLOL

2 Jodis for life WinkLOL

Jan50Karthikka

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 7:36pm | IP Logged

Radhika's serials start brilliantly like Selvi and Chellame. But they are so incorigible aftervsome time. 
Thee are always two wiives or a concubine and first wife tolerating all kind of crap. Sorry. Her serials 
Are way off reality in my opinion. In thendral the characters are shown to have various shades of
Grey and which is more realistic. Yes you feel like slapping Tamil because you expect the hero to be
All perfect. But  it is possible that a good guy is gullible and some times greed grips him too.
Where as in Radhika's serial she is super perfect and solves all problems and gives speeches.
Which is kind of stale and
Far from reality. Chellame, Arasi and Selvi gave ne the impression how horrible her serials become when she drags on. Another bad serial is Kasturi. 
So let us agree to disagree.

I did say that I only liked Chitty. I did not even like Selvi, Annamalai, Chellamay. In fact I stopped watching her serials I did not even watch Vani Rani at first, until a friend made us sit down and watch it. After that I became interested and I think it is the best serial on Sun TV right now. It could be better of course but it boasts of strong characters that are shining through their acting and Radhika herself has surpassed all expectations.

But leave Radhikaa's serials aside. I only brought that up in reply to your argument that Thendral is  superior to Radhikaa's serials. Thendral however I have been watching from Day 1. It started off with a good premise...very different actually. It was supposed to be about a young girl struggling against all odds to succeed in life. That is what many of us wanted to see - a determined, ambitious young woman...

But what happened? The storylines became horrible, crap and rubbish. Kumaran killed Thirumathi Selvam and he is doing the same thing to Thendral. Yes, whilst Radhika's serials cover concubines and second wives, Kumaran's serials make women so evil and manipulative and beyond the pale. From Thirumathi Selvam's Nanthini and Bhagyam to Thendral's Padma, Charu, Nila, Suchi, that other girl whose bf killed Deepa's father and now Maya and Deivamagal's Saroja, Gaya and Vino. How low can he make these women? In real life, do you have women like these? Is that reality?

No, I do not expect Tamil to be perfect, please don't assume that. Yes, he can be swayed by greed. But what made me angry was the dialogue he was giving his father-in-law. He wants MM to accept Padma and Mohan, that is fine...but why put blame on Kalyani? (Talking about Kalyani, even her character was destroyed. I thought only the actress changed,  but Kumaran changed the character as well). He was giving sexist crap, and this is not the first time he has done it. I was really annoyed that he was blaming Kalyani...and there have been times he has been sexist and a real twit.

Yes, let's agree to disagree. 

Jan50incorrigible

Post Reply New Post

Go to top