Arnav & Khushi OS || Temporary

aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
A/N: This isn't that good, and I don't know how I feel about this. Please let me know with a comment. Feel free to check out my index by clicking on the link in my signature. 

e m p o r a r y 

Khushi breathing deepened as Arnav lazily traced patterns along her bare back, reveling in the comfort of flesh against flesh... the heat and passion of their lovemaking still lingering and teasing. 

"You will look beautiful Khushi, decked in your finest. The smell of jasmine in your hair with the ringing of the bangles on your arms. But tonight, my love, you are ethereal. In every sense of the word."

She lifted herself onto an elbow and peered into his lovingly devoted eyes, her hand secured against his bare chest, the beating of his heart prominent and steady. 

"Happiness is temporary, Khushi. And so is life. I want to cherish every moment of my life with you--- starting with this moment tonight" 

She smiled.

"Hum bhi, Arnav Ji. Hamesha"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khushi had loved the lehenga Arnav had chosen for her almost instantly. It looked as though it was sewn together with the brightest stars in the sky, her parent's embrace and presence wrapped constantly around her frame. The gold of her wedding dress matched the flush of her cheeks and the fragrant jasmine in her hair... sparkling as the sunlight caught in the sequins and lit Khushi up to match the happiness to her name. She danced to the music of the red bangles and the silver payal. She blushed as the dupatta was finally pinned securely into her hair, the material matching the profuse reddening of her treacherously unfaithful cheeks. 

Her contagious laughter lingered in the air as Vimla Mausi offered almond milk to her guests. It lingered when her Babu Ji tearfully blessed her at the mandap and when Bua Ji applied kala tikka behind her ear. It lingered when little Neha promised to steal her Jeeju's shoes during the pheras. 

Her laughter lingered when the Pandit Ji informed the family that the auspicious murat was concluding. It lingered when her family's persistent calls went unreturned and ignored. It lingered when they doused the sacred fire with water and the caterers requested their permission to leave.

Her laughter lingered in the air as she waited on the porch steps waiting for Arnav Ji to arrive. It lingered as her mother pleaded for her forgiveness and begged her to return back inside. It lingered as Payal hesitantly let go of her hand and whispered that she wanted to return to Shantivan.

And it even lingered when Arnav Ji called her and curtly told her that he would not be marrying her tonight.

Her laughter lingered in the air as she wandered the streets waiting for her soon-to-be husband to find her and make her his wife. It lingered as she pondered over his countless promises and her countless dreams surely to come true. It lingered as nightfall swallowed her and she treaded along a beaten path unknown.

Her laughter lingered as the horn blared for her to move aside and the pair of lights grew unbearably bright. It lingered as she crumpled to the ground and subconsciously smelt the startling traces of warm blood. It lingered as she realized the police would find her and inform Arnav Ji that she was patiently waiting for his arrival

And finally, the lingering laughter died away as the sound of a speeding car faded away into the distance.

And then, the silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He silently watched from a distance as the cackling fire enveloped the body of the woman he had loved. He had not been invited to her cremation. He had not been invited to say his final goodbyes.

A part of Arnav had been destroyed when he had lifted the white shard and recognized Khushi dressed as his bride. She would have truly resembled the stars in the sky at the altar--- splendid and bright. How she must have glimmered and shined-- so sinfully beautiful that God selfishly attained her to make the most exquisite star for eternity. 

Arnav Singh Raizada understood that moment, as he quietly watched her being engulfed in flames, that he would never gather the courage to look into the sky and ask for her mercy. It was forgiveness he could never attain. 

For her chiming laughter still lingered eerily in the air as the wind blew past him.

Life was temporary. Happiness was temporary. 

And so was Khushi.

Edited by aamir18 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sankadevi25 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Ahh first! This was so sad, but equally touching. I love how you made it as though the laughter never left-it changed from one filled with happiness and the feel of looking forward to a new chaoter of life to a questioning one, and then a mocking, mirthless one. Wonderfully written!
Ireena. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
So good zeewa, so heartbreaking it gave me chills😭😭 beautifully written!
Happytwinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
beautiful and heart touching os
I literally cried while reading this
thanks for the pm
win7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
OMG what the!
I was not expecting the end like this!! 😭

I was shocked because it started so well!

Nice writing. 😃

HinaMalik91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
OMG! This piece literally took my breath away...!!!!!!!

It was so so so good!!!!👏👏👏

You have a way with words, as i always told you and this OS have shown your brilliance with the way you chose the most appropriate word at the most appropriate time👍🏼

I must say it was so heart wrenching but I loved it nonethless..😳

What a punishment he got for ruining her happiness, that he won't be able to see her again or even ask her forgiveness...Fair enough!!!!!...Serves him right...But I feel sorry for Khushi😭, she did nothing but always work for others happiness but what she got, nothing at all...!! Even when she was given a chance of happiness, it was brutally snatched away from her leading her to death with a heartbreak😭😭

Brilliant OS⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thanks for the PM🤗

zaniax thumbnail

Omg!!! Tht was heart breaking..U made me cry 😭

Beautiful piece of work!!!
surrazdan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
this is so beautiful... and so emotional... i literally had tears...

worth reading.. aweseme
fabmegan25 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 5
though it was heart breaking, it was beautifully written👏
SSK27997 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
No!!!!😭
U made me cry!!! Again!!!
Heartbreakingly beautiful...