Qubool Hai

ASYA OS: Happy Birthday Mr Khan

MrMrsAsyaKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

So yes, guess who turned 21 only a few hours ago? Yes, Yours truly! Because I am nice and I like boring you guys, I've written an OS. Okay okay, I feel bad for not being able to update any of my SS or FF's. I have a recording in a few days so sort of stressed and ill! So I thought I'll write something else, drabble for a bit. I literally wrote this now so God knows how it is, there's a lot of mistakes so please ignore! Hope you guys enjoy this, it's sort of boring hahaha! People have written better birthday OS's on this forum, I just wanted to write about a birthday. The rest of the plot I made up as I went along don't even know if it made sense. Do leave your comments behind! P.S. This starts from like last April, when she left after the Humeira poisoning!

He stared out of the window brushing his hair back, the darkness outside reflected back in his eyes. He was praying to see some stars; he wanted something to brighten up the darkness outside, just like his life. He glanced over at the clock on the wall and then the framed picture on his side table. His eyes swayed over her smiling face hugging both Dilshad and Najma. She had left this picture of her on Najma's laptop, Najma had printed it out and framed it for his bedside table; it was a picture of her complete family.

It had been over a year since she left, not a moment passed without regret, without guilt... and without pain. How much he wished he stopped her, how much he wished she came running to his arms hearing his desperate calls at the airport, how much he wished she was standing by his side today. He closed his eyes remembering his last words to her, asking her to leave his home and her family. Why didn't you shout at me Zoya, why didn't you explain yourself? Why didn't I look into those teary eyes and realise you never had any wrong intention? I know you didn't poison Humeira, I was never angry at you, I was angry at her words, insulting you and Ammi.

He looked at the ring on his finger and breathed out heavily, no matter how fake of a fiance I might have been, I couldn't have imagined anyone else to share this relationship with.

'As I turn a year older today, I pray I grow closer to meeting you again.' He let his folded hands fall to his side. His head shot towards his ringing phone, he slowly walked over towards it and picked it up.

'I'm sorry Zoya' He whispered unlocking the phone with the voice automated password. He slouched his shoulders back and greeted the person on the other side of the line.

He walked out of his room dressed in his suit; he walked past the dining table.

'Asad?' Dilshad called from behind,

'Asalaamu Alaikum Ammi' He turned around and smiled at her realising he was wondering off without speaking to her.

'Happy Birthday beta' She kissed his forehead as he leaned forward.

'Thank you Ammi!'

'Come on, have breakfast' She pulled him, he stopped her.

'Sorry Ammi, I have a really important meeting. I'm running late' He looked at his watch,

'Happy Birthday Bhaijaan' Najma beamed at him. She ran towards her brother and embraced him, Asad reluctantly hugged her tight. Once he caught her in his arms, he didn't want to let go. Najma popped her head back,

'Okaay, Bhaijaan, you're suffocating me now' She whispered, he let go instantly,

'Have a little breakfast beta' Dilshad insisted seeing his sad eyes.

'I'm okaay Amm-' He was cut short by Najma's questions,

'What do you want this year Bhaijaan? Please tell us this year, we don't know if your last year secret wish came true' Najma twisted her mouth feeling helpless. Asad half smiled at her seeing her clutching her i-pad under her arm, blinking her big brown eyes at him in anticipation; Zoya. He closed his eyes momentarily,

'I wished for the same thing as last year.' He answered her before half turning his body.

KYA-?'

'Jammy?' Tanveer called, he paused before facing her. She walked over towards him with a wide grin, he forced her a smile.

'Happy Birthday Ja- Zoya?' Tanveer blinked, Asad became alert. Dilshad and Najma looked behind him surprised. Asad gulped, his breathing went heavy. His erratic heartbeat thumped against his chest threating to burst his heart, his stomach twisted and turned. He froze not being able to move, he gathered all the courage to slowly turn around hoping this whole thing was not a dream. There outside the front door stood an excited Zoya with a huge smile plastered on her face. She held her suitcase handle with one hand and the other towards her back, her hair danced effortlessly behind her head as her eyes glistened back in his. She was dressed in a pair of beige skinnies and wore a simple white blouse with her sleeves rolled up. She seemed taller in her heels; she was glowing back at the four gawking house members. He watched her eyes move over her family members to him, she held onto his gaze, her kohl lined eyes hid no secrets, no grudges as they beamed at him. Her plumped pink curves on her face made his lips curve into a wider smile. His eyes swayed over the four walls of his house which was shimmering back at him, her essence felt suddenly all around the room he stood in. His heart warmed to her presence, his eyes brimmed with tears. He coughed to control his emotions,

'Are you not going to come inside?' Dilshad asked rushing towards her, Najma squealed running behind her mother.

'I was waiting for your permission' She answered innocently looking around the familiar walls. Her soft voice registered in his ears, it has been soo soo long Zoya.

'You forgot this is your home, marungi pagal ladki' Dilshad pulled her inside and embraced her into a bone crushing hug.
'My bacha, you have come back to me!' She teared up. Asad watched her face flash with a mixture of emotions trying to control her tears,

'Phoopie, not fair. Why are you crying? Bas, or I will cry' She wiped Dilshad's face,

'Liar, you said you were coming next month!' Najma shouted,

'Tamater, you're not happy? I will go and come back' Zoya teased, Asad's heart scrunched up seeing her turn her back even though she was pretending.

'Oiii, you dare talk about ruining my happy moment' Najma pulled her back and hugged her, 'I missed you so so much' She cried half picking Zoya up and spinning her. Zoya squealed, the house filled with laughter seeing the two girls poke each other, their antics warmed his heart.

Mind: Well say something.

Heart: Go hug her.

Mind to Heart: Are you crazy? Do you even remember what happened before she left.

Heart: Who cares? Just look at her heart. She's back.

Mind: Would you stop beating so fast? I'm finding it hard keeping up with you.

Heart: Listen you, would you stop getting in the way. I don't want you screwing things up again.

Mind: Says you. You were bursting with feels last time, I didn't hear you telling her any of it.

Heart: Because you stupid thing sealed his lips together.

Asad looked at his chest before pressing his temples, he moved his mouth but no words came out.

Heart: See what I mean.

Dilshad and Najma pulled Zoya towards the dining table, Dilshad let go and headed towards the kitchen to make her favourite breakfast. Najma ran back and brought her suitcase inside.

'What's that you're holding?' Najma questioned. Zoya stood in front of Asad staring at him. Her attention diverted to Najma, he put his hand forward before she brought the object she was holding in front of everyone.

'Tanveer, some woman gave me this outside' She walked around Asad and placed the gudiya in her hands. Tanveer froze, her mouth fell open. Her eyes moved around the room to see everyone's reaction. Asad watched Zoya's back,

'Isn't that, Ammi... That' Najma pointed confused. Zoya folded her arms and smirked at Tanveer, playing her eyebrows up and down.

'Asad, aren't you getting late beta?' Dilshad looked up at him. Zoya slowly faced him, she watched him with blank expressions.

Heart: No, I don't want to go anywhere.

Mind: You have an important meeting.

Heart: Screw you. Okaay here goes,

'Welcome Z- Miss Farooqui' He finally spoke, Zoya raised her eyebrow. 'You're back' His mind took over. He bit his tongue instantly at the tone of his own voice, his throat went dry. Zoya's face flashed with disappointment before she looked at Dilshad,

'Have breakfast beta, ajao.' Dilshad put her hands out; Zoya did the same as she walked towards her and sat down on the dining table. Dilshad caressed her head, brushing her hair back while Zoya stuffed her face; she looked at Asad who stood rooted to his spot. She then gazed towards Tanveer whose hands were shaking with the doll in her hand.

'Zoya, how long are you staying?' Najma sat down on the opposite side,

'Najma what-' Dilshad scolded her,

'It's okaay Phoopie. For some time Tamater, I've come back with a motive.' She looked at Tanveer, 'it could be days, months or even years' She grinned shrugging her shoulders casually. 'I've only come back for one person, and I won't go without his consent' She looked at Dilshad; her dimples appeared as she rocked her body like a child. Asad looked on sadly; a part of him celebrated her return. His wish had come true, she had finally returned to them except that, she wasn't theirs anymore. As much as he didn't want to leave the house, he slowly walked towards the door.

'Bhaijaan, please come home early today, please?' She pleaded running towards him, he nodded. She shot him a smile before closing the door, Asad stood there outside his house on the welcome mat shut out of his own house. He sighed heavily before walking towards his car; he looked to his right to find the house next door bursting with workers, with furniture lying around in the front garden. He looked closely to find Rashid directing the workers. He creased his forehead with confusion; he paced towards one of the workers outside his gate.

'Excuse me, could you tell me what's going on here?' Asad asked,

'Some Zoya Farooqui is moving in' He replied, 'his daughter by the likes of it' He nodded towards Rashid. He watched shocked, Zoya came back for his father?

He entered his house slowly, his eyes searched for her as soon as he placed his foot inside. His heart skipped a beat thinking she was gone; her laughter gave him some peace. He watched Dilshad come down the stairs,

'What going on Ammi, what is all this? Why would Zoya stay next door to us? Is this not her home?' He whispered the last few words, his voice cracked.

'She doesn't want to trouble us the pagal ladki. She doesn't understand as long as I am alive, she isn't going anywhere' Dilshad smiled to herself as she walked towards the kitchen. She came back with a glass of water and handed it to him,

'No' He shook his head,

'You're sweating bacha' She pointed, he took it and gulped it down.

'Ammi, she said she came back with a motive, her abbu?' His voice trailed off, Dilshad shook her head in a no. He looked at her asking her to carry on. He watched with eager eyes, each moment passing with difficulty,

'She wants to settle down here Asad. 'She looked past his shoulder, 'She's given up on her Abbu. She wants to start her life afresh. Rashid brought her back, along with the promise of finding a suitable groom for her.' She turned around and walked towards his room. Asad's heart fell out of his chest and smashed into a million pieces. He felt suffocated; he followed behind her and closed the door. He placed his hand over her shoulder,

'What's wrong Ammi?' He asked, coughing out his words. His heart was aching with the thought of losing her again. He fisted his other hand beside him before sitting down on his bed. Dilshad turned around,

'I don't want to lose her again' She said finally, Asad looked up at Dilshad who mirrored his emotions. 'I want her to stay with us as long as I am alive, Asad. You have no idea how I spent the past 1 and a half years without her. Tumne dekha, her one step brought this house to life. Dekha na' She asked him. He nodded slightly. 'I wish...' She stopped,

'You wish? What happened Ammi?' He asked her,

'Kash, if only, she came into this house permanently as my bahu. If only' She turned around, his face lightened momentarily, 'I know that's not possible' Asad stood up, he put his hand out to her before taking it back.

'Kyunnn?' He choked, Dilshad turned around.

'Because you don't want her to!' She replied being able to read his expressions.

'I didn't say that' He replied quickly, Dilshad pressed her lips together.

'But beta, you sent her back last time' She looked at him innocently; his eyes were brimming with tears just remembering that horrid day. He sat back down on the bed; Dilshad kneeled on the floor in front of him. She placed her hands over his,

'Why don't you just tell her?' He looked at her, she nodded. 'I am your mother, you think I haven't noticed. Just tell her how you feel, tell her before you lose her again. Bring her back; she won't truly be back until you accept her. No-one else can be my daughter in law but her' she spoke adamantly. Asad remembered how she mentioned she wanted to get him married to Tanveer, he was shocked how quickly she had forgotten Zoya. He started to avoid Tanveer almost dislike for taking over Zoya's place in the house, he was shocked about the way he felt for his best friend. She didn't forget at all, she was testing his feelings for Zoya. He looked at his mother for a moment before hugging her tight, he sobbed on her shoulder.

'She came back Ammi' He told her. She rubbed his back, 'I was wrong Ammi, I should've never let her go. Never. I can't lose her Ammi, your son won't be able to live without her.' He shivered in his mother's hold. She cupped his face, wiping away his tears.

'She's back, she'll put everything right.' She held his hand in hers opening it wide and placing the ring on his palm. He stared at the ring, 'Tell her Asad. Tell her now, return this back to the owner. This time for real, put it in its permanent place. Just like that one is still in its place' She lifted his other hand and smiled. Asad followed her eyes to his ring, he hadn't removed the ring she had put on his finger when they got engaged for the Immigration officer.

'Wipe your tears beta' She brushed his tears away, 'Come on, straighten up' She wiped his kurta. 'Let's go' She secured her hand on his arm before almost dragging him out of the room. He stopped near the stairs; he looked up before staring at his mother with scared eyes. 'She called us beta, we have to go' She pressed her eyes at him. He took hesitant stairs before pushing the terrace door open, he was taken aback by the party poppers bursting on his face. He managed to shake himself out of the sudden heart attack before realising the whole terrace was decorated with balloons.

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR KHAN!'

'HAPPY BIRTHDAYY!!' The girls shouted in unison, Dilshad burst out laughing seeing his eyes go wide. He was never fond of celebrating his birthday but seeing her stand there dressed in a simple white dress flowing to the floor, smiling back at him bought back his desire to celebrate every occasion.

'I don't know how it will taste, but I tried baking a cake for you.' She stepped towards the cake on the small table in front of her, Asad glanced at his mother before looking at her. Her smile was plastered on her face, she brought the matchbox in front of her before taking a stick out and lighting it, she held in front of her before bringing the candles to life. She shook her hand trying to stop the matchstick from burning her hand, he ran forward to help her. She looked up at him shaking her head,

'I know you don't like celebrating your birthday, I have a few announcements to make, blow this candle to share my happiness at least' She shrugged her shoulders innocently trying to persuade him. He nodded at her before joining her side. He bent forward and blew the candles without taking his eyes off her. He took a bit of the cake and held it up to her; she played her eyebrows eating the bit of cake. He held his other hand up to wipe her mouth, she creased eyebrows seeing his hand come up towards her, she wiped it off and moved back. Dilshad stepped in and fed him some of the cake.

'YUMMM Zoya, amazing cake! LOVE ITT!' Najma praised,

'Ehh Tamater, thought you were dieting?' She teased before poking her stomach.

'Okayy guys, I have an announcement to make and oh yeah tamater next door-' Dilshad nudged Asad,

'Miss Farooqui, you're staying here' Asad spoke up.

'Mr Khan, I-'

'Did you hear what I said?' Asad spoke in a demanding tone.

'Yes Mr Khan' She looked down, Asad looked at his mother victoriously. She contained her laughter,

'But Bhaijaan, Zoya was I mean IS staying here' Najma asked confused. Asad looked at Zoya who nodded innocently.

'What?' He asked confused,

'Dost has a few clients coming over, he has rented out the house next door for their stay. I was going to ask you to help me with the clients, one of the reasons I came to India.' She explained. 'But if you feel like it's too much, I mean I could go... don't have to force-'

'Are you joking Zoya? Bas karo, you're staying here. What's your other announcement?' Dilshad watched Asad from the corner of his eyes as he mentally winced when his mother reminded her of what she was about to say.

'Haan' She looked at Asad before, 'You know how Aapi has forced me to get married so many times before well...' She looked at Dilshad wondering why she was making her lie. 'I want to ask you all for a favour-'

'Zoya' Asad spoke in between,

'You will not stop with your announcement even if he interferes!' Dilshad ordered.

'I am going to-'

'Zoya suno'

'Mr Khan, Zoya Zoya baad mein, please listen' Zoya pouted,

'I think you're not listening to me...' He stepped forward; Zoya looked around at the faces gawking at the two before staring his face. Something was different,

'Mr Khan, let me finish...'

'Did you finish anything before you left? Why did you leave so quietly? Why didn't you fight-'

'Mr Khan, I came to finish what I left incomplete...' She held his eyes. He shook his head at her,

'I won't let you Zoya.' He paused as Dilshad directed the two girls to leave the terrace with her.

'Phoopi-' Zoya made a face seeing Dilshad ignore her and close the door. She looked at Asad,

'Mr Khan, listen to me. I am-' He pulled her arm, she crashed against his body. She rested both of her elbows on his chest, twisting his wrist as he stared at her. She saw a lone tear escape the side of his eyes, she tried wiping it away,

'How can you even think about marrying someone else Zoya?' He asked her, hurt visible in his voice. She looked at him confused,

'Asad I' She whispered,

'You know how much I have been yearning to hear that from you. Now that I am hearing it, I am about to lose you Zoya.' Asad brushed his thumb over her cheek, 'Will you not give me a chance?' He pleaded.

'Asad...'

'Zoya, please.' He unfisted his hand revealing the ring; he held it in between their chests. She looked down with teary eyes. 'I cannot live without you Zoya' he finally let out holding his forehead against hers. Her lips quivered, she started crying along with him. He stepped back and stared at her crying shaking her head side to side,

'It's my birthday today Zoya. I don't have the right to wish for something else because I wished to meet you. If I had one more wish, I'd wish for you to stay with me, here, forever...' He tried to control his emotions,

'Asad...' She put her hand forward; he fell on his knees holding his head down in defeat. He couldn't handle her rejection,

'I'm sorry Zoya. Just give me one chance to prove myself to you. I was wrong, I cannot see you with anyone else, I'd rather die-' Zoya fell on her knees and held her hand over his mouth.

'CHUPPP! Bas karo' She scolded him, 'Why are you not listening to me? Now that you've gone ahead of your 'woh actually' you're not allowing anyone else to speak. Listen to me; I am not getting married to anyone. Do you hear me' She told him, he looked at her shocked. 'It took you over a year to realise you cannot live without me? A YEAR, 365 DAYS. No no it was more than that four, No five hundr' She widened her eyes smacking his chest. He held her hand and engulfed her into a hug; he placed soft kisses on her neck. She pulled away from the hug, 'Mr Khan, you've gone from emotionally challenged to emotional. Stop crying' She said wiping her own tears, half laughing. She got up and tried pulling him but instead he got on one knee,

'I don't want to waste any more time. Or any more words. Zoya, will you complete me by marrying me?' He asked ignoring the long proposal he had mentally planned a few moments ago, Zoya's hand shot to her mouth. 'Nod, yes nod, don't cry, Zoya' He got up, she buried herself into his chest. He rested his chin on her head, he looked down at her, 'Zoya, what's wrong? Did I say something wrong?' He asked, she sobbed even further. Asad got worried, he watched her pull apart and stare at him before pushing him, he looked at her shocked. She grabbed his shirt and shook him,

'Wrong? For the first time in your life you said something right Mr Asad Ahmed Khan!' She nodded at him, his confused face straightened up, realising her acceptance, his smile grew wide. 'STOP SMILING. Where's my ring,  I want it back' She placed her hands on her waist. He smirked seeing her act like his sherni again, he stepped closer towards her. He lifted her left hand and slipped the ring onto her finger. He kissed the top of her hand before cupping her face,

'I love you Zoya' He whispered softly, Zoya's heart thudded really fast hearing those three words coming out of his mouth. Her stomach somersaulted upside down, twisting and turning with excitement, her Mr Khan has just said the three words. She pressed away her tears,

'I love you too Mr Khan' She rested her head on his shoulder, he held her tight not wanting to part from her.

'Am I dreaming Zoya? How can all my dreams come true in one day? Is this real? You have given me the biggest gift of my life' He kissed the top of her head. She rubbed his back,

'This is real, I can't believe it but it's real. I don't know but it's real' She looked at him shaking her head, he nodded back at her. He pressed his lips against her forehead again, his fingers tangled in her pushing her head against lips, he didn't want to lose the feel of her skin, of her touch.

'Mubarak ho' Dilshad popped her head startling the couple, the both shot off each other and stared at her. Dilshad winked at them both throwing confetti over them and disappearing again. Asad and Zoya looked at each other and burst out laughing,

'Ammi planned this didn't she?' He asked, she nodded at him blushing. He smiled at her before grabbing her hand and walking her towards the wall, she leaned forward whilst he placed his arms around her on the wall. He rested his chin on her shoulder taking one of her hand and placing it on her stomach holding her back against him.

'I couldn't have wished for anything else Zoya.' He kissed her neck and then her cheek, she squirmed to his touches. Zoya closed her eyes; I have made a wish for you Mr Khan, to remove all evil from our lives and I promise you, I will. She opened her eyes and looked into the glistening sky,

'Happy Birthday Mr Khan'

Edited by MrMrsAsyaKhan - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KulfiBai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

🤗❤️

This was so beautiful and lovely and LONG and I loved it! Got me all nostlagic about the days when Akdu dismissed Zoe practically every DAY 😡 Well I'm glad he suffered here and they reunited and all's well that ends well 

P.S. No pressure but I'm still awaiting updates on Abbu and Tere Pyaar Mein Fanaa (which I know is unfortunately on hold ) whenever you get the time. Take care of your health! :D
Edited by KulfiBai - 10 years ago
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
😳Absolutely amazing, loved it so much..great job...👏 Beautiful.. 
Forgot to wish you, wish you a very happy birthday, have a great one...
Edited by fanraya - 10 years ago
love.asad.zoya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome OS 👏
Really love it 😳 it was perfect 😊
meera.rajeev thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Happy birth day dear.
Res
SovaSana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
it was really great😊👏
loved it
dilshad and zoya's surprise was good
the way u brought up asad's emotions was awesome
do come up these great ideas 
thanks for the pm😊
Chillichick thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Belated Budday...! And it was a total fab update...! u shud write more...! It was just perfect...! Loved it..! 
KaBhilicious thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It was amazing and very beautifully written, made me remember the Airport Engagement.
Wish u a very happy b'day.
ChocoBerry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Belated Happy Birthday.

Your story was just awesome. Made me all nostalgic about the QH i had fallen in love with. It was so beautifully written and the true esence of Asad and Zoya were portraued her. Just loved it.
ToughStuff thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Beautifully written!!
finally Akdu confessed!!!
Thanks4 pm