Blast from the Past Thread #24 ** Golgappa Times ** p 113, ep 246 - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by aarwen

Episode 231

Something was not quite right with this episode or atleast that is what I felt.

Could be a little do with the sinister note it started off with. How does an otherwise pretty shrewd woman get so easily taken in by her husband? Well, they do proclaim love is blind.. And whats with everyone treating Anjali like she could break into pieces any second now! 

The face off between Shyam and Khushi always had potential which was never fully realized in my opinion. As soon as he utters the slimy "aapko bahut yaad karte hai" he should have been smacked across his face. completely agree, there was a potential unexploited here, a complexity evaded again and again. could even be because no one really was sure where shyam's story would be taken to, all sorts of rumours floated, as for her raecction to his outrageous, inappropriate behaviour, well, don't you think even on the terrace she was shown demurring too long, she would have pushed him off much earlier? two things strike me here... the writer is male and has no idea how a girl like khushi would react... and second, this is the only "negative", "conflict" they had, they couldn't lose it and so just kept dressing it up without really knowing what the preparation was.

And what was Shyam exactly trying to do? Because instead of any money laundering he ended up murdering his own child to weasel his way back in. Sounds gruesome? Because it is! "is aadmi ke bare mein na soche toh achcha hai.. mitti daalo aur bhul jao"..  insightful glimpse into how Khushi deals with unpleasantness..she ignores it.. that's it... her stars, her constant eating, talking, insistence on being upbeat... in a way of avoiding thought, feeling bad, her coping mechanism maybe. again and again she looks away from what should never be ignored... i feel if that's her trait, no problem, but would have been nice to look at it fair and square instead of just glossing over it. and the kidnap track did one huge thing, she learned to look at unpleasantness and deal with it... and when she did, i loved the character's growth, depth, nuance. kidnap with all its flaws was really impactful and the characters shone bright... necessity being a rather good mother of invention.

har wo chiz so chamakti hai __ nai hoti.. children don't usually do hindi crosswords do they? oh maybe like she practiced her English, playing scrabble, Babli is brushing up her hindi with this home work . Oh and why am i sitting here trying to figure all this out? mind ke check upia karike pari..

As Arnavji barges into the room I get the faint feeling that everyone seems to have forgotten what happened in the previous episode. Anyway since it is ASR's wallet it atleast has quite a few 500 Rupee notes. "aap chahe toh aap ise gin sakte hai.." Immediate chagrin registers on the man's face.. "main kuch aur dekh raha tha" ..  poor swami is besotted by his wife and is powerless to do anything about it. The heartache caused by her is by this point not even in the forefront. All his herculean effort goes into maintaining this facade of indifferent impatience. "aapko humpe bharosa hai?". The gaze that questions and the gaze that is returned speak volumes of unparalleled trust.. "jab jo kaha uska koi matlab nai..jab jo kiya uska koi matlab nai" .. you think I am a rakshas.. you think I don't have a character.. you break my heart.. you taunt me.. you alienate me.. you mock my concern.. I will hate you.. I will love you.. and throughout all this I will still trust you.. beautiful.

Silly me now i realize Khushi had planned to still continue with her pyaar bhara vaar as she has decided after supposedly figuring out what Arnavji must have really wanted to gain by lying. A cute scene plays out before us. Statusque he stood as he lets his wife slide his lithe arms into the held out coat sleeves. Talking while getting ready, such a normal couple interaction. Perhaps so absorbed in her chatter this time he didn't check the clothes, the handkerchief Khushi laid out for him. Though trying hard to resists but Arnavji has given in and is letting Khushi play the part of the doting wife as she chatters on about her dabba service. He can see through the act and knows the actual concern behind it all. 

Khushi continues her shenanigans as she lays down to block his path and even though we got to hear "you serious" from Mr Raizada's pursed lips me dead the scene felt contrived to me.Finally I confess I am guilty of laughing at the "jaha piya waha".."maaaiiinnn" joke. Are waah lakshmiji! 😆 😆

In the boardroom of AR Industries shatir dimag of ASR must have been drugged by the fragrance of the ether if he ends up asking out loud about that smell. Also the AR employees have an idiotic death wish. Otherwise who says such things to their dashing angry young boss?  I definitely cringed at the lipstick mark on the handkerchief. But our man of steel continues to impress me. He may have been mortified but he still holds his own when irate he commands.. "Out everyone".  bechare chote ki hanky mein kya laga hai? A quick call to the girl who is meticulously orchestrating all of this. When Khushi says "aapko itna pasand aaya" for a second Arnav was nonplussed..  In that one micro second I can imagine his mind ( or could be just my mine ) conjuring the delicious proposition of reaching home and showing his wife exactly "kitna pasand aaya". oh how my thoughts wander.. c'mons now tells me more...

Classless was an arrogant mean insult but I tend to agree with Arnavji here. Had it been any wife and any husband words of reprimand would be expected. Middleclass has been brought into play by the writers and we will soon experience the repercussions. yeah, now the gupta house track is being set up. something mechanical about that classless ploy to let me show you about my class and how the other half lives... it's also not very khushi, more generic achchi bahu material.

"Tum bilkul babli ki tarah ho" burst out an indignant Arnav . If we think about Babli in the show I vehemently disagree with Arnav. Khushi is in no way spiteful. Mischievous like a child but never malicious in intention. But if we broaden and think of Arnav comparing Khushi to a kid it may fit. She has many more layers of a woman, a girl but there is this layer as well. well said., woman, with streaks of girl. The simplicity of solving the problem at hand effectively, even if it means resorting to something silly. As her defense, shying away from introspection into the actual emotions behind everything. The lack of consideration of the subtle hints that her heart or his eyes are desperately trying to give her. Much later when the 6 months is ending we got an intensely powerful scene where the actor says, "Right, kuch discuss nahi karte hai..sab kuch yuhi khatam ho jane dete hai"... in some ways the entire 6 months have been shrouded in this charade.. Today he is overreacting because he is angry and Khushi is reacting this way because she does not want to think of a better way to solve this problem. Dig into the cause of the chot instead of scraping it further letting it bleed.. both in denial with no way out.. not wanting a way out..

Back home our hero is weary, like slowly everything is taking its toll. Still the tensed demeanor. The necessity to be on guard while Khushi blatantly disregards the anger readying her trump card. Stops Khushi from going to buaji's house, in fact going anywhere at all for 6 months. He may cover it by sounding terse, but the contract is just a pretense to have her close.There could have been a multitude of approaches for the resourceful ASR to deal with a cheating brother-in -law and a home wrecking gold digger, but instead in the moment of torment Arnav Singh Raizada chose to marry the girl and bind himself to her. exactly... had it been any other girl, would he have married her too? and had it been any other man would she have married him? she took her time about getting engaged to shyam despite babuji's so called desire in that dire state of health.

"Uske bina saanse ruk jayengi" .. you and me are absolutely definitely simply just meant to be..

nice take, aarwen... thoughtful, and thought provoking. 😳 despite men who say "you serious" and want to turn us into puddle. blue comments all over, please do read.

sab kuch yuhin... 1 august, 2012, one of my favourite favouriite episodes and the last time i had hoped things were coming back on track, the next day dadi arrived. that fight is so real, made my husband watch... like our fights, i told him, the feelings, the intensity, the mad hurt flying around, the desperation, and the lack of coherence and sense, one minute she's winning, the next he, yet both are losing and you want this agony to end for both. the situation they found themselves in perhaps could not really be discussed, a lot had to be just understood and let go of... i don't know. there's a lot i can't explain about the man woman thing in ipk... it is impossible to do a got it, whodunnit on their connections. they discovered each other and their beings connected over time, starting with a strange meeting in a closed space one night... i like the mystery of this relationship, that i can't explain everything...

Episode 231

Could be a little do with the sinister note it started off with. How does an otherwise pretty shrewd woman get so easily taken in by her husband? Well, they do proclaim love is blind.. And whats with everyone treating Anjali like she could break into pieces any second now! 

The face off between Shyam and Khushi always had potential which was never fully realized in my opinion. As soon as he utters the slimy "aapko bahut yaad karte hai" he should have been smacked across his face. And what was Shyam exactly trying to do? Because instead of any money laundering he ended up murdering his own child to weasel his way back in. Sounds gruesome? Because it is! "is aadmi ke bare mein na soche toh achcha hai.. mitti daalo aur bhul jao"..  insightful glimpse into how Khushi deals with unpleasantness..she ignores it..
Yes Shyam isn't worth enough and doesn't hold any importance to think about him for even a second. But still for a safe side both Khushi and Arnav should keep their taps on him. He is very quite, calm and acting sweet. His silence give the news of an unknown storm like that of Akash and Anjali's wedding day which gave turned the lives of Arnav's and Anajli upside down. 
har wo chiz so chamakti hai __ nai hoti.. children don't usually do hindi crosswords do they? oh maybe like she practiced her English, playing scrabble, Babli is brushing up her hindi with this home work . Oh and why am i sitting here trying to figure all this out? mind ke check upia karike pari..

As Arnavji barges into the room I get the faint feeling that everyone seems to have forgotten 
They still care Arnav but they know that now Khushi is their for hovering on Arnav. Her last night true concerned won their hearts again and somewhere Arnav too was included.
what happened in the previous episode. Anyway since it is ASR's wallet it atleast has quite a few 500 Rupee notes. "aap chahe toh aap ise gin sakte hai.." Immediate chagrin registers on the man's face.. "main kuch aur dekh raha tha" ..
I felt bad for Arnav. The chargin that appears in him clicks a scene in his mind where he called Khushi Gold digger, a girrhi hui who can do anything for money, the insult he did when she came to RM back on insistence of La and Anjali for wedding preparations and many more scenes where he degrades Khushi using money. 
  poor swami is besotted by his wife and is powerless to do anything about it. The heartache caused by her is by this point not even in the forefront. All his herculean effort goes into maintaining this facade of indifferent impatience. "aapko humpe bharosa hai?". The gaze that questions and the gaze that is returned speak volumes of unparalleled trust.. "jab jo kaha uska koi matlab nai..jab jo kiya uska koi matlab nai" .. you think I am a rakshas.. you think I don't have a character.. you break my heart.. you taunt me.. you alienate me.. you mock my concern.. I will hate you.. I will love you.. and throughout all this I will still trust you.. 
The shines in khushi's eyes reflected happiness . That one moment where she is happy just thinking that Arnav trust her.

Silly me now i realize Khushi had planned to still continue with her pyaar bhara vaar as she has decided after supposedly figuring out what Arnavji must have really wanted to gain by lying. A cute scene plays out before us. 
Statusque he stood as he lets his wife slide his lithe arms into the held out coat sleeves. Talking while getting ready, such a normal couple interaction. Perhaps so absorbed in her chatter this time he didn't check the clothes, the handkerchief Khushi laid out for him. Though trying hard to resists but Arnavji has given in and is letting Khushi play the part of the doting wife as she chatters on about her dabba service. He can see through the act and knows the actual concern behind it all.
Yes I love the interaction between them like an ordinary couple. This was just one scene in the drama with a domestic touch. I missed these scenes after the second marriage track. 

Khushi continues her shenanigans as she lays down to block his path and even though we got to hear "you serious" from Mr Raizada's pursed lips the scene felt contrived to me. Seriousness the last thing Arnav can expect from crazy sanki Khushi.😆
Finally I confess I am guilty of laughing at the "jaha piya waha".."maaaiiinnn" joke. Are waah lakshmiji!

In the boardroom of AR Industries shatir dimag of ASR must have been drugged by the fragrance of the ether if he ends up asking out loud about that smell. Also the AR employees have an idiotic death wish. Otherwise who says such things to their dashing angry young boss?  I definitely cringed at the lipstick mark on the handkerchief. But our man of steel continues to impress me. He may have been mortified but he still holds his own when irate he commands.. "Out everyone".  bechare chote ki hanky mein kya laga hai? A quick call to the girl who is meticulously orchestrating all of this. When Khushi says "aapko itna pasand aaya" for a second Arnav was nonplussed..  In that one micro second I can imagine his mind ( or could be just my mine ) conjuring the delicious proposition of reaching home and showing his wife exactly "kitna pasand aaya". oh how my thoughts wander..  Poor ASR he couldn't concentrate. Khushi used her touch this time to carry her love act, the touch which caused effected his senses badly.  

Classless was an arrogant mean insult but I tend to agree with Arnavji here. Had it been any wife and any husband words of reprimand would be expected. Middleclass has been brought into play by the writers and we will soon experience the repercussions.

"Tum bilkul babli ki tarah ho" burst out an indignant Arnav . If we think about Babli in the show I vehemently disagree with Arnav. Khushi is in no way spiteful. Mischievous like a child but never malicious in intention. But if we broaden and think of Arnav comparing Khushi to a kid it may fit. She has many more layers of a woman, a girl but there is this layer as well. The simplicity of solving the problem at hand effectively, even if it means resorting to something silly. As her defense, shying away from introspection into the actual emotions behind everything. The lack of consideration of the subtle hints that her heart or his eyes are desperately trying to give her. Much later when the 6 months is ending we got an intensely powerful scene where the actor says, "Right, kuch discuss nahi karte hai..sab kuch yuhi khatam ho jane dete hai"... in some ways the entire 6 months have been shrouded in this charade.. Today he is overreacting because he is angry and Khushi is reacting this way because she does not want to think of a better way to solve this problem. Dig into the cause of the chot instead of scraping it further letting it bleed.. both in denial with no way out.. not wanting a way out..👏
They don't want a way out, even if it is a charade they want to go on with it. She is tired of asking the reason of chot and Arnav ignoring it like koi Farq nahin Parhta. Her plans got successful, she again annoyed Arnav but Arnav too didn't let her celebrates by talking her with even more rudeness. But does this all matters? She is getting used to the Shaitan who lives among them.

Back home our hero is weary, like slowly everything is taking its toll. Still the tensed demeanor. The necessity to be on guard while Khushi blatantly disregards the anger readying her trump card. Stops Khushi from going to buaji's house, in fact going anywhere at all for 6 months. He may cover it by sounding terse, but the contract is just a pretense to have her close.There could have been a multitude of approaches for the resourceful ASR to deal with a cheating brother-in -law and a home wrecking gold digger, but instead in the moment of torment Arnav Singh Raizada chose to marry the girl and bind himself to her. "Uske bina saanse ruk jayengi" .. you and me are absolutely definitely simply just meant to be..

Wonderful writeup Di. 
Arnav's stopped Khushi. Those three days when Khushi was in RM but didn't showed her face was enough torture for him then how could he led her stay at her buaji house. Even if they hate each other they need each other Bus, it's so simple and clear. She wasn't going for ever, the thought of her leaving him is enough to stop his breath. 

Episode 231

i think Anjali is too smart. she knew very well that her husband was a swindler. But she was in denial.

The face off between Shyam and Khushi always had potential which was never fully realized in my opinion. As soon as he utters the slimy "aapko bahut yaad karte hai" he should have been smacked across his face. And what was Shyam exactly trying to do? Because instead of any money laundering he ended up murdering his own child to weasel his way back in. Sounds gruesome? Because it is! "is aadmi ke bare mein na soche toh achcha hai.. mitti daalo aur bhul jao"..  insightful glimpse into how Khushi deals with unpleasantness..she ignores it..
i also think same. The main problem was with with creatives. they were not consistent to portray Khushi. I was so annoyed when Khushi brought shyam in RM after the revelation. 

har wo chiz so chamakti hai __ nai hoti.. children don't usually do hindi crosswords do they? oh maybe like she practiced her English, playing scrabble, Babli is brushing up her hindi with this home work . Oh and why am i sitting here trying to figure all this out? mind ke check upia karike pari..😆

As Arnavji barges into the room I get the faint feeling that everyone seems to have forgotten what happened in the previous episode. Anyway since it is ASR's wallet it atleast has quite a few 500 Rupee notes. "aap chahe toh aap ise gin sakte hai.." Immediate chagrin registers on the man's face.. "main kuch aur dekh raha tha" ..  poor swami is besotted by his wife and is powerless to do anything about it. The heartache caused by her is by this point not even in the forefront. All his herculean effort goes into maintaining this facade of indifferent impatience. 👏"aapko humpe bharosa hai?". The gaze that questions and the gaze that is returned speak volumes of unparalleled trust.. "jab jo kaha uska koi matlab nai..jab jo kiya uska koi matlab nai" .. you think I am a rakshas.. you think I don't have a character.. you break my heart.. you taunt me.. you alienate me.. you mock my concern.. I will hate you.. I will love you.. and throughout all this I will still trust you.. 
beautifully said. I think trust is building gradually.
The business tycoon is so poor!😆

Silly me now i realize Khushi had planned to still continue with her pyaar bhara vaar as she has decided after supposedly figuring out what Arnavji must have really wanted to gain by lying. A cute scene plays out before us. Statusque he stood as he lets his wife slide his lithe arms into the held out coat sleeves. Talking while getting ready, such a normal couple interaction. Perhaps so absorbed in her chatter this time he didn't check the clothes, the handkerchief Khushi laid out for him. Though trying hard to resists but Arnavji has given in and is letting Khushi play the part of the doting wife as she chatters on about her dabba service. He can see through the act and knows the actual concern behind it all. 
i think he is enjoying the care from his jhalli.😆

Khushi continues her shenanigans as she lays down to block his path and even though we got to hear "you serious" from Mr Raizada's pursed lips the scene felt contrived to me.Finally I confess I am guilty of laughing at the "jaha piya waha".."maaaiiinnn" joke. Are waah lakshmiji!

In the boardroom of AR Industries shatir dimag of ASR must have been drugged by the fragrance of the ether if he ends up asking out loud about that smell. Also the AR employees have an idiotic death wish. Otherwise who says such things to their dashing angry young boss?  I definitely cringed at the lipstick mark on the handkerchief. But our man of steel continues to impress me.hehehehehehehehehehe He may have been mortified but he still holds his own when irate he commands.. "Out everyone".  bechare chote ki hanky mein kya laga hai? A quick call to the girl who is meticulously orchestrating all of this. When Khushi says "aapko itna pasand aaya" for a second Arnav was nonplussed..  In that one micro second I can imagine his mind ( or could be just my mine ) conjuring the delicious proposition of reaching home and showing his wife exactly "kitna pasand aaya". oh how my thoughts wander.. 

Classless was an arrogant mean insult but I tend to agree with Arnavji here. Had it been any wife and any husband words of reprimand would be expected. Middleclass has been brought into play by the writers and we will soon experience the repercussions.
no middle class, but class less.

"Tum bilkul babli ki tarah ho" burst out an indignant Arnav . If we think about Babli in the show I vehemently disagree with Arnav. Khushi is in no way spiteful. Mischievous like a child but never malicious in intention. But if we broaden and think of Arnav comparing Khushi to a kid it may fit. She has many more layers of a woman, a girl but there is this layer as well. The simplicity of solving the problem at hand effectively, even if it means resorting to something silly. As her defense, shying away from introspection into the actual emotions behind everything. The lack of consideration of the subtle hints that her heart or his eyes are desperately trying to give her. Much later when the 6 months is ending we got an intensely powerful scene where the actor says, "Right, kuch discuss nahi karte hai..sab kuch yuhi khatam ho jane dete hai"... in some ways the entire 6 months have been shrouded in this charade.. Today he isoverreacting because he is angry and Khushi is reacting this way because she does not want to think of a better way to solve this problem. Dig into the cause of the chot instead of scraping it further letting it bleed.. both in denial with no way out.. not wanting a way out..👏👏👏

Back home our hero is weary, like slowly everything is taking its toll. Still the tensed demeanor. The necessity to be on guard while Khushi blatantly disregards the anger readying her trump card. Stops Khushi from going to buaji's house, in fact going anywhere at all for 6 months. He may cover it by sounding terse, but the contract is just a pretense to have her close.There could have been a multitude of approaches for the resourceful ASR to deal with a cheating brother-in -law and a home wrecking gold digger, but instead in the moment of torment Arnav Singh Raizada chose to marry the girl and bind himself to her. "Uske bina saanse ruk jayengi" .. you and me are absolutely definitely simply just meant to be..

Always enjoy your insightful analysis.
Absolutely loved what you said about Khushi.
Arnav should be indignant. And Khushi should be exultant. that was her target, to irritate Arnav. To put lips mark on hanky is not classless, but filmy or childish. Khushi knew very well Arnav will be flagrant to see this. And her mission succeeded. 
I can see you are becoming a crazy fangirl like me.
hota hai, hota hai, who can resist such hawt guy!😉
Loved the lines in blue.
My comments are in purple.
Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
Upgraded my post on page 2...Rest of the reading will be done tomorrow.
Originally posted by indi52

^^^

sohara

ekdam devil.

shaitan sauten... but i need your devilry in my life. main tumhare bagair jee bahin...

you have to be care free like me then.
But you guys are too sharriff, specially, durga, our strict principal. where is she?
she will punish me to spoil all the good girls.😆
Originally posted by indi52

nice take, aarwen... thoughtful, and thought provoking. 😳 despite men who say "you serious" and want to turn us into puddle. blue comments all over, please do read.

sab kuch yuhin... 1 august, 2012, one of my favourite favouriite episodes and the last time i had hoped things were coming back on track, the next day dadi arrived. that fight is so real, made my husband watch... like our fights, i told him, the feelings, the intensity, the mad hurt flying around, the desperation, and the lack of coherence and sense, one minute she's winning, the next he, yet both are losing and you want this agony to end for both. the situation they found themselves in perhaps could not really be discussed, a lot had to be just understood and let go of... i don't know. there's a lot i can't explain about the man woman thing in ipk... it is impossible to do a got it, whodunnit on their connections. they discovered each other and their beings connected over time, starting with a strange meeting in a closed space one night... i like the mystery of this relationship, that i can't explain everything...

You know I hate fighting. And I keep telling myself it does happen in a relationship but ughhh the agony. And that scene felt so real. And both were superb. I was in tears thinking how both must be feeling. And Arnav as usual had such a straightforward mature way of dealing with it. In some ways like he dealt with Lavanya. Did not shy away from the truth and met it head on still but was so very tender and extremely hurt. Anyway we will come to it soon (imagine me jumping in excitement)..

As soon as I read what you wrote about Khushi I was chiding myself thinking I should have mentioned the talking too much. Eating is apparent, but she always goes super talkative when in tension. 

Thank you for reading and for all the comments 🤗. Everything you said made so much sense.
Originally posted by Javeria3991

Wonderful writeup Di. 
Arnav's stopped Khushi. Those three days when Khushi was in RM but didn't showed her face was enough torture for him then how could he led her stay at her buaji house. Even if they hate each other they need each other Bus, it's so simple and clear. She wasn't going for ever, the thought of her leaving him is enough to stop his breath. 

Javeria tumhare sare comments bahut achche hai, bas samajhi tum! Now why can't I make it sound as loving as when ASR says it?! 😆

Really like your connection about Arnav feeling guilty about calling Khushi a gold digger.."tum jaisi larki ke liye".. From those days they have come together such a long way right?  I didn't like the episode too much so didn't have much to write but am glad you still liked it.
Originally posted by sohara

Always enjoy your insightful analysis.
Absolutely loved what you said about Khushi.
Arnav should be indignant. And Khushi should be exultant. that was her target, to irritate Arnav. To put lips mark on hanky is not classless, but filmy or childish. Khushi knew very well Arnav will be flagrant to see this. And her mission succeeded. 
I can see you are becoming a crazy fangirl like me.
hota hai, hota hai, who can resist such hawt guy!😉
Loved the lines in blue.
My comments are in purple.

Hahaha Am definitely a fangirl Sohara. Although I have no idea how you and everyone here find new words to describe Barun and Arnav each time. Thanks a lot for liking it. That office boardroom scene was definitely worth the hehehe and I was rolling with laughter reading your comment about the poor tycoon! Soon when the old ladies are going to pull poor Haridwar returned tycoon's cheeks I will be falling on the floor laughing 🤣 .
Congratulations Ladies for the new thread.🥳
Front page is just like jhakas .

indi, ArshiH, Katelyn and all others with their pics.just too good to die for.

Thumbs up.👍🏼

Episode 232

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE-pRNynKtg[/YOUTUBE]

First Telecast on Tuesday , 17th April 2012

Full episode links

Thanks, Katelyn,for all the links.

Credit for the videos: Respective uploaders

Please click here to see

Blaster's Take from Episode 231 - 234