I can never be a Tulsi or a Parvati!’

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Sano88

IF-Veteran Member

Sano88

Posted: 02 September 2006 at 2:45am | IP Logged
I can never be a Tulsi or a Parvati!'

TV's original vamp Shweta Kawaatra quit saas-bahu soaps as she felt she was stagnating. But she's willing to get back now, rather than sit at home

NICOLE DASTUR

She quit the popular Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki on Star Plus at a time when she was ruling the roost. But television's popular vamp Shweta Kawaatra has no regrets. She says she felt stagnated doing the same thing day in and day out. "As Pallavi's character, I stopped learning on the job. By the end of four years, I had mastered the role. And that bored me. I need some incentive to go to work every day," says Shweta. But after doing a short stint in Bollywood, she's now wanting to do more television, and well, she seems okay with the daily soaps too. So what has prompted this change? "Content on TV today is definitely regressive. But if I don't alter my conditioning, I'll just be sitting at home with no work," laughs Shweta. But she's more comfortable with negative roles. "I tried my hand at a positive role. But that's not challenging enough. A negative role is so much more intense. I'd love to be a vamp again, or at least, a character that has shades of grey. In fact, I'd love to play a split personality. I can never do a Tulsi or a Parvati!" Ask about the new image (short skirts and cleavage-showing tops) she's flaunting these days, and she says, "That's the original me! I've always been a shorts and short skirt person. It's just that while I was doing Kahani..., I'd put on 10 kilos eating set ka khana and not working out. But now that I've got my figure back, I like flaunting it!"

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vvgoswamiYamu21umi82990aish2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I can never be a Tulsi or a Parvati!’" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.