Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Deepikas dimples, nose like Kareenas, for Rs 200

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
For the price of a McDonalds meal, the ENT department of JJ Hospital in Byculla performs cosmetic surgeries that cost more than Rs 1 lakh in private clinics

Always wanted dimples like Deepika Padukone's or Shah Rukh Khan's but the cost of surgery put your desired appearance beyond your means? How about getting the job done for just Rs 200?

For the past one year, the government-run J J Hospital in Byculla has been conducting cosmetic surgeries for as low as Rs 200, turning what was once the domain of film stars and the elite into an aam aadmi procedure.

Not just newly-created dimples, you can now get lips like Bipasha Basu's, a shapely nose like Anushka Sharma's,and a sharp jawline similar to Ranbir Kapoor's, all for Rs 200 each. The response from the Mumbaikars has been terrific.

The ENT Department, which conducts the surgeries, reported that more than 500 people have undergone the procedure, of which 19 people underwent Botox treatment to rid their skin of wrinkles, and at least 50 people went under the scalpel for artificial dimples.

Dr Mohan Jagde, the department head who conceptualised cheap cosmetic surgeries at the hospital, said both the young and not-so-young segments formed the hospital's clientele. "Several women in their 40s come in for Botox treatment. Anyone can now get a clear, wrinkle-free face," Jagde said.

In private clinics, the procedure to create dimples costs anywhere from Rs 15,000 to Rs 25,000, while nose correction surgeries can go up to Rs 1 lakh. "We received several inquiries here in J J Hospital from those who couldn't afford to get the surgeries done in private clinics. Youngsters, especially those looking to get married, are now flocking to the hospital," Jagde said, adding that he has noticed a "tremendous change" in the patients' confidence after undergoing the procedure.

Several people who underwent cosmetic corrections at J J told this newspaper that they are indeed more confident now. A woman in her 20s, who under went an nose correction procedure,said: "I was always conscious about the shape of my nose.Itaffectedmypersonality,and I suffered from low self-esteem. I thought everyone was staring at my nose."

Jagde said he took a small part of the cartilage from her ear and used that reshape the nose. "It cost me just Rs 200, whereas the estimate that I got from private clinics quoted Rs 1 lakh. I didn't just get a new nose, I got a new life," the woman said. Jagde said a lot of his patients, male and female,walk into his cabin with photos of Deepika Padukone and Shah Rukh Khan. "They demand that their dimples should look exactly like these movie stars, without even bothering to know whether it will suit them or not. Sometimes, a perfectly fine face can get ruined by dimples. But if they persist, I give them dimples," he laughed.

At least 50 people have undergone the procedure to get dimples, he said. "It's a simple operation, and the person needs one day's hospitalisation," Jagde said. "We ask the patient where he/she wants the dimple, and remove a tiny tissue from inside the cheek. The procedure is over in barely an hour," he said.

Dimples, shapely noses, beautiful lips...everything's possible now at cheap prices. And, if a friend questions your new appearance, you can always say you were using a temporary lip enhancing tool along with make up techniques.

'We got out confidence back'
Vijay Raj, 25, Vasai resident: Nose correction surgery
"My friends would laugh at the shape of my nose, which looked like a pakora. A private clinic told me the procedure will cost Rs 60,000. I got the procedure done at J J Hospi tal for just Rs 200," he said.

Aarti Wagle, 50, Dadar resident: Facelift
"My facial skin was wrinkled, and the cheeks had sagged. My son's wedding had been scheduled and I wanted to look good. After - undergoing the procedure at J J, my confidence is back, I feel young," she said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh god, now we will have hundreds of ppl looking like Anushka Sharma or Koena Mitra. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
I know someone who got dimples and boobs through plastic surgery. The latter went to some shady surgeon in Columbia to remove her implants due to paranoia two years down the line. Not sure what happened to the dimples. Hopefully they stayed intact. If you're gonna do it, at least save up enough to go to a good doctor.
d-_-b thumbnail
Deepika's dimples, nose like Kareena's, for Rs 200
Dr Mohan Jagde, who conceptualised cheap cosmetic surgeries at the hospital

^This is the photo with the article and if this doctor is doing a good job for so cheap and helping the poor people then I guess its all for good.
Supari_khala thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .DejaVu

Deepika's dimples, nose like Kareena's, for Rs 200
Dr Mohan Jagde, who conceptualised cheap cosmetic surgeries at the hospital

^This is the photo with the article and if this doctor is doing a good job for so cheap and helping the poor people then I guess its all for good.

Sounds bogus to me.😆 How can plastic surgery be only 200 rupees in a country where 1 kg onions cost more than that? #Mindblown.🤔
Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: preep

Jagde said a lot of his patients, male and female,walk into his cabin with photos of Deepika Padukone and Shah Rukh Khan. "They demand that their dimples should look exactly like these movie stars, without even bothering to know whether it will suit them or not. 

This is effing insane! 😲

Dont these people have brains?!What looks good on your favorite filmstars might end up spoiling the map of your face. Crazy fans! 🤢

The Clinics who are providing people with new lips, dimples, nose, boobs surgeries for 200 rupees to make them look like filmstars...man!WHAT ARE THEY SMOKING 😆 Its bloody cheap its bound to be bloody bloody risky. 
d-_-b thumbnail
^Thats true. Rs 200 is too less for one meal in India these days let alone a plastic surgery.
Supari_khala thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Quietude

This is effing insane! 😲

Dont these people have brains?!What looks good on your favorite filmstars might end up spoiling the map of your face. Crazy fans! 🤢

The Clinics who are providing people with new lips, dimples, nose, boobs surgeries for 200 rupees to make them look like filmstars...man!WHAT ARE THEY SMOKING 😆 Its bloody cheap its bound to be bloody bloody risky. 

Exactly. Sounds like one of those run down surgery clinics in Latin American countries where people come out with all sorts of horror stories.🤔

Where are the health inspectors? These clinics should be inspected. This sounds scary to me. People fall for all sorts of things when it comes to their physical features. Before fairness creams and now this? 
Edited by Dexterkilaila - 10 years ago
Lalalalost thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG this is insane.
People who offer surgery for this low price usually means theres alot of risks involved, I remember seeing this woman who got butt implants from South america really cheap and it ended up destroying her skin tissues, she could hardly sit without it hurting, and she depends on pain killing injections. "Beauty" shouldn't harm and give you possible health risks! These people seem sketchy.

Edited by BindaasReena - 10 years ago
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
"a shapely nose like Anushka Sharma's"

^ Would anyone even dare to pay a visit to this surgeon after reading this.. 😆