Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Chatter patter: chat thread 8 (Page 4)

enigmatic_zephy IF-Sizzlerz
enigmatic_zephy
enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

Hadey - you are being too predictable, but nah my mine is not on Argentina, love their football but they always under-perform.  I will still have Spain , Germany and for sentimental reasons Brazil for the big cup!!
Vintage has been awol, ah that was some story  !!  Probably the first time we interacted na!

I love sports except golf and American football, i am pretty much down for anything. 

@Good call on house of cards, you would enjoy the Underwood couple!

Octopus Paul happened last world cup!! Some memories that one, uni craziness!!

lol..no reasons..but i too have a soft corner for brazil.. ( i have really no clue why but i just feel for them everytime they miss out Tongue)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenie

charminggenie IF-Rockerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:54am | IP Logged
i hear you!! love brazil , something so endearing with the way they play the game!! I have cried buckets for them , my heart will forever be theirs!
love J law but bafta robbed Lupita, though 90% she is winning the oscar!

enigmatic_zephy

LeadNitrate Viewbie
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:58am | IP Logged
 I personally as a end user find whatsapp better than BBM or Viber. The typing interface is better. The keyboard can rotate with the rotating phone screen as opposed to BBM and Viber. With us thick fingered people its a bigger advantage.
Also whatsapp is free for initial two yrs and then its a min 89cts per yr. I find that a nominal price
I don't use twitter or fb messenger .
I do not use my phone number for account verification for these two either.
For me, whatsapp is relatively secure way of txting people.

I have tons of friends, family who do not tweet or rarely come online to FB, they use whatsapp.
Also whatsapp works and updates when background data is off, when internet speed is 2g or less, FB and twitter do not load so easily.
In all its a easier communications app.
I do not find the stat that it was more users than twitter to be surprising tbh.

Edited by LeadNitrate - 20 February 2014 at 11:00am

charminggenie

LeadNitrate Viewbie
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 11:02am | IP Logged
genie updated my post.

charminggenie

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 11:05am | IP Logged

@Genie & Zephy - based on the draw, I have it 100% pat right till the semis. I'm pretty sure of it.

Brazil is a very talented team, with lots of skill and flair. They are the favorites, but I think Germany will edge Brazil. Germany performs well as a tight unit. Most predictors are actually giving Brazil 80% odds of winning. But I just have a wild feeling it's a German year.

Argentina and Spain are more evenly matched. Argentina are the favorites because of Messi, and I'm going with that for this one. Although Spain has an equal chance of upsetting Argentina.

I may have to take back Argentina winning because I think they have a good chance of choking and underperforming in finals.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenieenigmatic_zephy

charminggenie IF-Rockerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 11:07am | IP Logged
T-  I know few friends who would kill me for not using whatsapp now, but I get the advantages, will probably be back on it soon. But i am more of skype and fb person . I prefer not having my work contacts on them though , thats a separate phone.
But yeah whatsapp is great otherwise. It basically destroyed BBM.  It  will have more users logged in 24/7 than on twitter. 

Nooo Hadey, Not for Messi. He is gifted and all that jazz but noway they perform well as a team. Chokers. Messi has never performed in high profile matches. bet you are barca fan.

Germany is always  the team to beat. Spain has been a consistent performer and I seriously feel they have it in them to win in back to back. Brazil has scolari back as their coach , i love that man , so I pray and hope he wins them this cup. Somehow they make a WC win more special . 

Edited by charminggenie - 20 February 2014 at 11:10am

LeadNitrateenigmatic_zephy

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LeadNitrate

I personally as a end user find whatsapp better than BBM or Viber. The typing interface is better. The keyboard can rotate with the rotating phone screen as opposed to BBM and Viber. With us thick fingered people its a bigger advantage.
Also whatsapp is free for initial two yrs and then its a min 89cts per yr. I find that a nominal price
I don't use twitter or fb messenger .
I do not use my phone number for account verification for these two either.
For me, whatsapp is relatively secure way of txting people.

I have tons of friends, family who do not tweet or rarely come online to FB, they use whatsapp.
Also whatsapp works and updates when background data is off, when internet speed is 2g or less, FB and twitter do not load so easily.
In all its a easier communications app.
I do not find the stat that it was more users than twitter to be surprising tbh.

There was a point in time when BB used to charge its users 5 pounds a month for BBM 'data services' which included BBM. People were more than willing to pay it then, so I think even if FB decide to hike the one-off price of WhatsApp, there would still be demand for the app given the wide range of users. WhatsApp also barely uses any data at all, unless you foolishly have your settings on to download all media automatically! I barely use FB messenger too. I find that if someone is trying to organise an event, they just create a WhatsApp group as it allows its users to have up to 20/30 contacts in a group I think?

Viber really needs to work on the quality of their service. I don't have Skype but I think it's easier to operate Viber in comparison. - No ID/login required but there's a delay in response particularly with international calls. They've started offering non-data linked international calls at a price but they're in direct competition with firms like Vectone, Lebara and Lyca Mobile where it costs 1p a minute to call India. (not sure what it's like where you guys are but it actually costs me more to call my neighbour than it would to make a phone to India!)

LeadNitratecharminggenie

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
There was a full page interview of Alia Bhatt in today's Metro newspaper - say whaaat?!
(Wonder how much Mahesh Bhatt paid them)

charminggenie

Go to top