Debate Mansion

Chatter patter: chat thread 8 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 147

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Srinivasan is now ICC boss too, with Mudgal report mentioning Dhoni , heat is on both of these guys. T With recent failures Srini or BCCI cannot openly defend Dhoni. Hence you see voices like Dravid, Gangualy challenging dhoni.  best give him a break and keep him out of limelight.
Nah Kohli is hot-headed kid, he won't make it as a successful caption for now. He is still new to the game, Dhoni controls BCCI right now. I am sure his real exit is after WC, till then let Kohli manage and win in sub-continent and silence the detractors, cover the recent controversies. 

Yeah valuations are overrated , some intentional other coz of the buzz. But industry is here to stay.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Chatter patter: chat thread 8 (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

enigmatic_zephy

IF-Sizzlerz

enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 9:46am | IP Logged
I hear you CG, thanks for the explanation

That's a huge user base!!!.. plus its on phone.. i can see the relevance

Analytics is gaining traction but i really wonder - isn't there already too much of data - connected vehicles, social media, digital life,credit bureaus, telecoms, retail outlets, telemed, healthcare in general..

God!.. life just got scarier!Cry

@H4L: me and cell phones are two banks of river... i dont even have internet on mine so that no one expects me to check emailsLOL.. and i lose my phones at the drop of the hat ( latest being nexus and ipad together, beat that!) 

But yes, even my brother tells me whatsapp is great.. and almost every1 has been telling me to join it..

Big data scares me really.. total loss of privacy!

True story:
was working on a project for juventus and in the first (intorduction) meeting they were talking abt the club's revenue issues and the conversation deviated to  football... since i was confused about a few points so i opened my mouth and asked them

" So, let me draw a parallel , just to make sure I understand this right, if i compare this to the cricket world..." - DARN came the stares.. with my executive going

"Do whatever you have to, but never ever compare soccer with cricket"
LOL

And i dont get it whats with the cricket Vs soccer rage- see that amongst friends tooConfused

PS: i miss my kho kho - gud old childhood..

Edited by enigmatic_zephy - 20 February 2014 at 9:50am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggeniereturn_to_hades

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 9:49am | IP Logged

Aggression will be tempered in time. He needs more exposure to do that. I think his hunger to win and be on top is what will make him successful. But I agree, he should be put in charge after WC. He may not learn  in time.

I used to like Dhoni as a captain. His "captain cool" served him well. You don't need to be aggressive and hot headed. I also have some sort of respect for faith in players. Everyone has off periods and you need a captain to have faith in you to get out of a slump.

Unfortunately, as  he became more popular/powerful - faith in players became an excuse for cronyism.  He would back his favorites at the expense of others. Being cool became being defensive, where every time the opposition struck back he would go into defense mode to contain runs or bat out time rather than go for a win.

The BCCI corruption etc. is a sad state. We could be a true world no.1 dominating both domestic and international, but that won't happen till our systems improve.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitratecharminggenieenigmatic_zephy

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Zephs stop being my alter ego!!  #Same phone story.
@ Fish, lucky you, Juventus... project. Now if you work for Real madrid, I will be legit jealous. 

dude, you just don't say cricket and football in the same sentence. Thats an insult to the great sport of football.  But coming from you, what was the analogy anyway. 

Zephs - Its going to be very scary in future, money/currency is going to be replaced by information. 1984. 

kho kho was so fun!!

Now since I have you hooked on Korean drama , check North South bbc series and Lizzy bennet diaries too. 

is it just me or , Scarlet Pimpernel never excited me enough

@hadey - Virat needs a good coach -non Australian and support from his peers, which bcci politics will never let him have. Dhoni was successful coz the big 4 stayed around for sometime , gave dhoni a chance to flourish.

return_to_hadesenigmatic_zephy

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:17am | IP Logged

Speaking of Soccer. I created my WC predictions table the other day.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ccgd9sfjf42y87/WC%20Predictions.xlsx

charminggenieenigmatic_zephy

enigmatic_zephy

IF-Sizzlerz

enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:37am | IP Logged
how can u forget i have watched lizzie bennet - didn't i make several references on that fated nightTongue
when the two of you wrote that love saga LOL

oh that reminds me.. where is Mr. Darcy.. looks like no more active.. vintage Wine wasn't it CG?, 

Me and sports.. ahem..well!.. they are all the same.. i mean DNA is same - have sportmanship, shout like crazies and be totally lost in wat u r watching Tongue ( i honestly don't care about sports.. Embarrassed)

( the comparison in that case was on clubs and their revenue streams.. something on those lines.. so didn't think much about the comparison Tongue.. anyway the sports passion goes over my head..)

North South- someone else also recommended.. right now on House of Cards marathon run - will add NS to the playlist Smile.. thnks

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenie

enigmatic_zephy

IF-Sizzlerz

enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Speaking of Soccer. I created my WC predictions table the other day.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ccgd9sfjf42y87/WC%20Predictions.xlsx

hmm, germany Vs argentina ..

Did that octopaus paul thing happened in the last WC or was it before?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenie

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Hadey - you are being too predictable, but nah my mine is not on Argentina, love their football but they always under-perform.  I will still have Spain , Germany and for sentimental reasons Brazil for the big cup!!
Vintage has been awol, ah that was some story  !!  Probably the first time we interacted na!

I love sports except golf and American football, i am pretty much down for anything. 

@Good call on house of cards, you would enjoy the Underwood couple!

Octopus Paul happened last world cup!! Some memories that one, uni craziness!!

Edited by charminggenie - 20 February 2014 at 10:43am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top