Sensational South

India-Forums

Dubbing

-Nakshatra- IF-Rockerz
-Nakshatra-
-Nakshatra-

Posted: 17 February 2014 at 3:51am | IP Logged
Does it annoy you?
It doesn't bother me if it suits the actors. What's your take on it since we have almost all of the female actors having their voices dubbed. In some cases Male leads too.. Like Surendar was the man behind Mohan's voice in all of his movies. 

For Eg:

Vikram and Revathy lent their voices for Prabhudeva and Kajol respectively. I like! 

Whose dubbing did you enjoy in the films you have watched?

Edited by -Nakshatra- - 17 February 2014 at 3:53am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

supercool3-Raichu--Navetha-

supercool3 Viewbie
supercool3
supercool3

Crazy Creatives Lead

Posted: 17 February 2014 at 8:21am | IP Logged
I don't mind dubbing either if it suits the actors. I remember watching this one movie (don't remember which one) but I absolutely disliked the voice for the female lead because it didn't seem to suit at all. 

But I feel eventually everyone should learn the language, especially if they choose to continue with the films in that language. IMO, it gives their characters and performances on-screen an authentic touch to it. 

Plus, many times it's the same voice being used which over-exposes that voice as well. For example, Chinmayi's is the voice behind many female leads. As much as I love her voice, it gets repetitive hearing the same one over and over again. 

-Nakshatra--Raichu--Navetha-

-Nakshatra- IF-Rockerz
-Nakshatra-
-Nakshatra-

Posted: 17 February 2014 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
True that actors should lend their voice for their roles. It brings more impact and intensity to their performance. Atleast those who know the language should try dubbing. Trisha and Nayantara can speak in Tamil but they still prefer dubbing artists which is sad. Ouch
Tapsee Pannu totally ruined it for me in Aadukalam. Angry

Most of the female leads sound either like Chinmayi/Deepa Venkat. Sleepy

Chinmayi dubs for Samantha in both Tamil and Telugu. Then there are artists who should improve their dialogue delivery. 

Edited by -Nakshatra- - 24 February 2014 at 8:54pm

supercool3-Raichu--Navetha-

supercool3 Viewbie
supercool3
supercool3

Crazy Creatives Lead

Posted: 17 February 2014 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
^ I wonder if Samantha plans to continue dubbing for herself in Tamil. She can work a bit on her modulation, but she did quite well with her own voice  in NEP. I've rarely heard Trisha speak in Tamil, but Nayanthara can totally dub for herself!

I have nothing against Chinmayi or Deepa Venkat's voices because both speak well with a lot of clarity. But they are over-used.

I agree on the dialogue delivery part for sure LOL

Edited by supercool3 - 17 February 2014 at 11:42pm

-Nakshatra- IF-Rockerz
-Nakshatra-
-Nakshatra-

Posted: 17 February 2014 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
I hated NEP for various reasons. One being those fancy pancy tanglish dialogues. Then Samantha's voice was too husky to understand and her dialogue delivery is iffy. But there is always room for improvement. Trisha dubbed in Manmadhan Ambu, Aayitha Ezhuthu and Mankatha. Apparently Kamal advised her to dub for herself in MA. 
I feel terrible for Shaam because he has the worst voice and his dialogue delivery is awful. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raichu--Navetha-

-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 18 February 2014 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Nakshatra-

True that actors should lend their voice for their roles. It brings more impact and intensity to their performance. Atleast those who know the language should trying dubbing. Trisha and Nayantara can speak in Tamil but they still prefer dubbing artists which is sad. Ouch
Tapsee Pannu totally ruined it for me in Aadukalam. Angry

Most of the female leads sound either like Chinmayi/Deepa Venkat. Sleepy

Chinmayi dubs for Samantha in both Tamil and Telugu. Then there are artists who should improve their dialogue delivery. 

It was not Tapsee's own voice I saw the Aadukalam interview where the host specifically asked her because the voice sounded like her own and she said whoever dubbed for her sounded just like her tho she dubs for herself in Telugu movies..

I actually like Chinmayi on Samantha and she was amazing in VTV.. that voice made Jessie's character.. Samantha dubbed for herself in NEP right? she said she did.. I haven't seen the movie..

The Telugu dubbing artist sound the same for all actors..Confused

EDIT: Trisha is totally fine she should dub for herself.. Tamannah should dub for herself too she's so good with both the languages and Anushka too

Edited by -MakhanMalaai- - 18 February 2014 at 12:19am

-Nakshatra- IF-Rockerz
-Nakshatra-
-Nakshatra-

Posted: 18 February 2014 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Tapsee's acting was so bland and whoever dubbed didn't do a good job. Is her dialogue delivery fine in Telugu cinema. She ain't great talent.
Chinmayi and Deepa Venkat are both good dubbing artists. The problem is they are over used.

Yes the rest I totally agree. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raichu--Navetha-

-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 18 February 2014 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Nakshatra-

Tapsee's acting was so bland and whoever dubbed didn't do a good job. Is her dialogue delivery fine in Telugu cinema. She ain't great talent.
Chinmayi and Deepa Venkat are both good dubbing artists. The problem is they are over used.

Yes the rest I totally agree. 

No her delivery is off.. but I give it to her that she tries to dub for herself and the makers let her do it.. I don't think Tapsee of a good actress either..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index