Prankstars:Vaishnavi[Madhavi]

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
'I used ketchup as blood to fool my teacher!'

That's what Kunal Kumar did to get out of a sticky situation in school. On the occasion of Teacher's Day on September 5, TV actors tell Deepali Dhingra the pranks they played on their teachers

Kunal Kumar

I had a Physics teacher called Mr Yadav and I was really scared of him. I remember back when I was in school, this teacher of ours had a funny habit. He used to come into class, zero in on me, then make me stand and ask me Physics questions. I used to memorise the answers and say them but he'd still pester me for more. I once applied ketchup and a bandage to my arm and pretended to be in a lot of pain. He let me go but some time later, he observed that there were lot of flies hovering around my arm! It was then that I was caught. But I think that's where I learnt my acting skills from!

Sudhanshu Pandde

For some reason, the principal of my school used to hold a grudge against me. I never realised why, but later I got to know that he used to like my chemistry teacher, who was quite fond of me. So whenever my principal would see me talking to her, he would get really angry and some poor peon would end up getting fired! This continued for two years. After I got to know this, I would deliberately talk to that teacher in front of my principal. This continued till his hair turned grey!

Vaishnavi

Though I wasn't a naughty student at all, I remember when I really annoyed my teacher once. It happened when I was in the first standard. I had the cheek to correct my teacher in an insolent manner when she was writing something on the blackboard. She immediately called up my mother and told her how I had insulted her in front of everyone! That was an incident which I've never been able to forget.

Divya Dutta

I used to be a naughty student. But since I often used to end up becoming the head girl of the class or team, I had to maintain a dignified image. I often used to initiate a prank but never get the firing for it! Once, we were rehearsing for a play and I was in no mood to rehearse for it. So I 'accidentally' fell off the stairs! My teacher, who was really soft hearted, told me to go home and said there won't be any rehearsal that day. After she left, all my friends partied!

Arjun Punjj

All my teachers used to get bugged with me but at the same time, they used to like me too. Somehow, I never used to fare well in my exams as I was too involved in sports and cocurricular activities. I used to never attend classes and very often, my parents used to be summoned to school. But somehow, it always happened that my teachers would turn around. They used to tell my parents that he's not doing well and my father used to tell them that he will look into the matter. Suddenly, they would turn around and say, 'but he's a good boy, we know he will himself do good'. It was so surprising! Every teacher's day, the students used to dress up like teachers. I managed to take my revenge from them then!

Rajeshwari Sachdev

My teachers were all really kind, although I think, I was not very kind to them! I would never do my Maths homework. We used to have our ballet rehearsals on the top floor of the school, after which we would be told to go downstairs. I would go down but I would keep going from one floor to the other. If a teacher would ask what I'm doing outside class, I would pretend that I'm out on some chore for a teacher or going to the staff room. But I'm very grateful for my teachers for allowing me to excel in things I was good at.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

annu1611 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Hmmm pretty interesting article!Thanks 😊