Disclaimer given for Sikri by Etta

vinitaj27 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
They gave a disclaimer while playing the scene in DEK when Jalal announces building of fatehpur Sikri for jodha. It said that Sikri was considered a land of victory ( fatehpur) right from babur's time for Mughals n what they have shown in the serial is not related to historical events. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Tfs ..

Btw, at babur's time it was 'shukri' means thanksgiving.

Later shukri corrupted to sikri...

And fatehpur was officially added to word sikri in early 1570's after gujarat campaign it is said.

Even disclaimer bhi theek se nahi de sakte...!... 😆
Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I see. Then it's all right. This disclaimer thing is the right thing to do.
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for the info
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Just as  well! I learnt even at school that Akbar built Fatehpur Sikri to commemorate his  victories in Rajasthan, where  he conquered Chittore and Ranthambore in 1568. The Buland Darwaza was built so grandly to mark those victories, which consolidated Akbar's hold over Rajasthan, and also the successful campaign in Gujarat.

I have never heard or read  that it had anything to do with Jodha, except for her palace there.

This is revisionist history with a vengeance! But then, what is th  daily 30 second disclamer for?

Fatehpur Sikri was not finished  till the mid-1580s, and soon thereafter, the lack of water forced Akbar to  move his court out of there.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: vinitaj27

They gave a disclaimer while playing the scene in DEK when Jalal announces building of fatehpur Sikri for jodha. It said that Sikri was considered a land of victory ( fatehpur) right from babur's time for Mughals n what they have shown in the serial is not related to historical events. 

Edited by sashashyam - 10 years ago
Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think rewriting history seems to be par for the course as far as historical serials are concerned. In another serial Bairam Khan is getting the beating of his life in a war in which he never fought.
Correct me if I am wrong but Buland Darwaza was built to commemorate Akbar's conquest of Gujarat.

vijisridhar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: history_geek

Tfs ..

Btw, at babur's time it was 'shukri' means thanksgiving.

Later shukri corrupted to sikri...

And fatehpur was officially added to word sikri in early 1570's after gujarat campaign it is said.

Even disclaimer bhi theek se nahi de sakte...!... 😆

ha hahahaha..!!

Even I googled and found the Agra tourism web page and wikepedia (which may not be perfect) after seeing today's episode.

The pics there are so magnificent... Akbar had taken so much of interest and pain to build this fort for winning some wars and also for Saint Salim Chisti.  It took so much time to build. There is a beautiful Mariam-uz-zamani house and they have also mentioned MUZ's kitchen which is now the security office it seems.  Akbar had taken personal interest in its architecture which is a lovely amalgamation of ,many cultures of his times.

I always thot that , whenever they mention Akbar's yatra to chisthi... he went all the way to Rajasthan - the famous Kwaja Moinuddin Chisti who is actually the decendant of this Salim Chisthi.  But... its not right... this Saint Salim Chisti lived in Sikhri only which is about 26 miles from Agra fort.  That is why he undertook such Padayatras often.

It seems, unfortunately it was not inhabited because there was severe water shortage.  But, there seems to be lots of tombs of many of Akbar's kith and kin. Just a few short miles away is Sikhandra - Akbar's tomb and adjacent to it is MUZ's tomb, as well as his daughters.

Viji
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yes, it was that too, as I remember, so in fact I had edited my comments above  a little whiile ago to include that. But  we were told by the tour guide  at Sikri  that it was also for the Chittor and Ranthambhor victories, which is plausible, as the  dates fit in and those were very significant milestones in Akbar's empire building.

Maharana Pratap started out so well, and held up for quite a while too, and  was repeatedly favourably compared with Jodha Akbar. Now, for over 4 months, it has been  steadily deteriorating, and  this present combo of the ridiculous campaign that you have so rightly mentioned on the one hand, and the antics to the Raja of Bundi on the other, it is the pits. Jodha Akbar, with all its follies is way better, plus Maharana Pratap has no show stealer like Rajat.

Originally posted by: Donjas

I think rewriting history seems to be par for the course as far as historical serials are concerned. In another serial Bairam Khan is getting the beating of his life in a war in which he never fought.
Correct me if I am wrong but Buland Darwaza was built to commemorate Akbar's conquest of Gujarat.

Edited by sashashyam - 10 years ago