Todar Mal: The Finance Wizard - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by brownprincess25

Where is this Island?! And that seems magical how it just appeared. I feel every time I say his name, I am saying Toad instead. 
At Allahabad. Akbar developed a great reverence for the Ganges after this incident. He drank only Ganga water wherever he went. Even when the mughal capital shifted to Lahore, Ganga water was ferried there in specially made huge jars. Akbar called Ganga water " the water of immortality"
Oh that's how that came about, you should make a post about...seriously, I knew he drank that, but didn't know when and why
Originally posted by mandyg

tfs😊..actually when i was a kid i had a big doll which was my favorite and everyone named it as todar mal..the less i knew at that time about todar mal..but found the name fascinating and funny!

did enojoy ur doll today😆
Originally posted by Donjas

At Allahabad. Akbar developed a great reverence for the Ganges after this incident. He drank only Ganga water wherever he went. Even when the mughal capital shifted to Lahore, Ganga water was ferried there in specially made huge jars. Akbar called Ganga water " the water of immortality"

Even I have read about Akbar's reverence for Ganga. He was a deeply religious person.  I remember reading long back about how he was offered only Ganga water when he was on death bed, he made Salim read many religious texts to him not only Koran, but also Gita, Guru granth, etc.  Also, if i remember correctly, his body was bathed in Ganga and then interred in the tomb.

May be the Historical person here (Abhay) can actually clarify.

Viji