Competition heats up..Pari kills it..watchout!!!

briahna thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Lets dedicate this week to pari...boy she deserves it. Lets see now how far this phataka can go...😆

Read on:

Apne IF Rockers~~~~

TallyHo: Parineeti good as expected.

Ms Bagwati : Parineeti-for someone who's so ordinary to look at I couldn't take my eyes off you..recently there was a thread about her doing the same roles-blame the trailer makers..this is not Zoya, this is not Dimple-Meeta is ekdum hatke

Ms Rogers:  Parineeti Chopra, take a bow..This girl is fabulous..I was one of those who wanted Pari to try different characters but she is so so good with what she does man..I swear this woman has no competition at this point..She blows all her contemporaries out of the water..She is that real..After a long time, i have seen someone laugh & cry in such a natural manner..Am not exaggerating And her And her screen presence is unparalleled..Am on a Parineeti Chopra high😆 At this point, i'l say she is even better than Priyanka..Am that impressed

Balampichari : Honestly, I've been excited about this movie solely for Parineeti Chopra. I've been a huge fan of hers since Ricky Bahl, and I've got to say one thing before I continue - Meeta Solanki is NOTHING like Dimple, Zoya or Gayatri. Meeta is a genius, slightly off in her head, who is afraid of dealing with emotions and pops pills whenever she begins to feel any "sensations". In my opinion, Meeta is Parineeti's BEST performance till date. No one, and I mean no one can pull off Meeta the way Parineeti did. Truly, she is one of the finest actresses of our generation! She's owned the film, like a boss!

Kruti.S Parineeti was damn damn good...she rocked it yet again

YoMomma: I'm in awe of Parineeti and Sid did well for himself too, considering that it's only his second movie. 

Pinkeye: I really felt for the character of Parineeti and her 
Emotional bluntness. She touched my heart in the climax. She is brilliant performer, will be looking forward to her careergraph.

YOU_KNOW_WHO: I finally understand the Pari hype, she deserves it 😃 
Absolutely brilliant

Outsiders: 

Rajeev Masand: Parineeti Chopra, in particular, deserves every accolade that'll come her way; this is her fourth film release and once again she's the best thing in it.

Hindustan Times: Parineeti Chopra re-defines Bollywood heroine in Hasee Toh Phasee 

Anirudha Guha: Chopra proves she's the most exciting young talent in the industry currently, digging into her meaty role with flourish and making a feast of it. The story, in many ways, revolves around Meeta, and the character is anything but one-dimensional. For Chopra to have pulled off something complex with what seems like absolute ease in only her fourth film must require special talent.

Moviezadaa: Paritneeti Chopra is mind blowing and manages to give an outstanding performance. It's due to her you accept the weak moments in the film and will be totally impressed with her performance. She looked cute in her tomboy avatar. Her character might faintly remind you of Sridevi from 'Sadma'.

Indicine: Parineeti Chopra is hands-down the star of Hasee Toh Phasee. From the moment she appears on screen, you fall in love with her.  It's hard to think of any other actress in the industry, who could have pulled-off a character as difficult as Meeta.

Sukanya Verma: And Parineeti sinks her teeth into this misunderstood kook without a trace of self-consciousness or exaggeration.

It's love at first sight the moment she appears on screen, caught between a complex wire fence, in short hair and glasses, as though she was returning from some dress-up-like-Harry Potter cult. 

If that's not magical enough, what Hasee Toh Phasee celebrates certainly is. That the only high you need is life, love and smiles. 

Fenil Seta: Parineeti Chopra, meanwhile, is just OUTSTANDING! She has proved her worth earlier with all her 3 films but her performance in Hasee Toh Phasee is a class apart! The actress gets to play a difficult role but she pulls it off with ease and sans any effort! And she moves the viewers in some of the crucial emotional scenes, again with ease!Without a doubt, she is one of the greatest actresses we have right now!

Komal Nahta: Parineeti Chopra delivers an award-winning performance. She is extraordinary and lives the role of Meeta, making every scene in which she appears immensely watchable for her brilliance! 

Subhash Jha: But then there is Parineeti Chopra, so  wonderfully articulate even as she grapples to command the gibberish grammar of her character's screwed-up personality.It's definitely not easy to play a wacko with such steadfast empathy. Parineeti again proves herself  one of the finest actresses of our times.With not one false note in her performance she is truly the Jaya Bhaduri of this millennium. Playing a character who is not just unpredictable and  self-destructive and also just plain destructive Parineeti makes us miraculously sympathetic towards her character's whimsicality. - See more at: http://newseastwest.com/hasee-toh-phasee-review-jai-ho-parineeti/#sthash.pu9jYecA.dpuf

Indiatoday  Parineeti Chopra is only three films old but she has already won a special mention from the National Award jury for her performance in Ishaqzaade (2012). In her fourth feature, Hasee Toh Phasee, her first outside the Yash Raj Films banner, she proves yet again why she is often proclaimed as the most promising actor of her generation. 

Chopra pulls off the tricky role of Meeta, who is intelligent, quirky, depressed, often naive, an addict and socially-awkward scientist. Chopra could have easily gone over the top with the unpredictability and trouble-making ways of Meeta. Instead she taps into Meeta's weaknesses highlighting her sincerity and draws genuine empathy for her. 

She  steals the show, making outrageous faces and giving longing looks. She cries with such conviction that you really want to give her a hug.

Meena Iyer:  Parineeti who has come to represent the power-house performer passes with flying colours.

Filmfare:Parineeti has emerged as one of the finest performers among the young lot of actresses. She's a firecracker in this film!

Parineethi Chopra is simply taking big leaps repeatedly with every movie she does!  She is extra-ordinarily brilliant. There is a thin line between acting as a retard and playing a character that has an aberrant behavior and presentation. She understands that thin line so well.  A slot is reserved for her in the Best Actor (Female) in all the award functions next year.

Tushar Joshi: Parineeti sheds her inhibitions and takes to Meeta like someone starving for a well written role. She milks it and uses her body language and expressions to make subtle nuances about her character stand out screen presence is unparalleled..Am on a Parineeti Chopra high At this point, i'l say she is even better than Priyanka..Am that impressed

Bollywoodlife: Parineeti : Chopra, as expected, has done a brilliant job. The young star is growing from strength to strength with every film. Chopra uses her body language and expressive eyes with ease and switches emotions without making her character look dramatically different, even while she displays her acting bandwidth with conviction.

Khalid Mohammad: PARINEETI CHOPRA in Hasee toh Phasee is pure magic...the best thing to happen to Bollywood since Kajol! Really!  Because the performance of Parineeti Chopra reaffirms that she is absolutely outstanding. Ever so effortlessly, she glides between the high-pitched and the subtler quiet moments.

IBNLIVE: Parineeti is a ball of fire in a breakthrough performance of startling power. This is one actress who gets better and better in each of her outings.

Sanket:  But it's Parineeti Chopra who never shies away from playing the unusual enigmatic part who makes you moist-eyed at-least twice and tickles your bones for numerous times. She is so charming in her character that you are heart-felt. It's a performance that surely can win many hearts. This actress has a long, long, long way to go!

Oneindia: Performances Parineeti Chopra as the eccentric and depressed scientist is outstanding. In fact, she walks away with the cake! In scenes that she cries, you can't help but cry with her!

MumbaiMirror: But it is Chopra that walks away with possibly the most complicated rendition of an afflicted individual; the Black Sheep has seldom been blacker. She was part of a triangle in 'Shuddh Desi Romance', and has also played the banished daughter in 'Ishaqzaade'. Here, she churns out a versatile performance that is part tortured-genius, part endearing-Vodafone-pug and part misplaced-idealism of Raanjhana's Dhanush. When Nikhil reaches out to hug her for the first time during a heart wrenchingly vulnerable moment, it is easy to forget that her motivation to be reunited with her father is less than pure. It is easy to forget that her girl-next-door denim-shorts-look adds more layers to her unstable character than her exaggerated facial expressions early on. Even the chucklesome 'Punjabi Wedding Song' is an appropriate extension of her decidedly-Gujarati persona

KoiMoi: Parineeti Chopra has often been accused to being repetitive in her roles. I say we are too quick to judge the actress. She is nothing like her previous roles in this film and rather picks up a part quite eerie and contrary to what any mainstream actress would have chosen. She manages to gain empathy for her character and yet love heaves over pity in her case. From her smitten look filled with genuine longing for Siddharth to the funny faces she makes when intoxicated, the actress is indeed the show stealer. In the last scene where she breaks down as all her pain finally donned on her, she silences the blabbering and criticisms unanimously.

Performance wise Parineeti Chopra kills it big time, she is simply irresistible on screen whether she is laughing or even over acting in 1st half. She makes it look like real 4th time in row.

Parineeti, playing Meeta, has an author-backed role. She is at times a mix of Sheldon Cooper of The Big Bang Theory and Rancho of 3 Idiots, and at times nave, coy, hyper, loveable and romantic, all rolled into one. The complex shades of the character have been brought out so well by Parineeti, this is one actor, who is set to go places. Her character behaves inconsistently, and getting the nuances right would have been a challenge for any seasoned actor.

Edited by briahna - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

briahna thumbnail
abb khel shuro huwaa babbua...zor ka jhatka diya pariya neh...
the gal killed it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤗

I wanna see HTP now just to see  Parineeti 

Everyone looks super impressed😆

Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Will see this movie especially for Parineeti, the reviews about her are great. Lets see how well she did.
MyDarkPassenger thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree..she is killing it..she is creating a huge impact...will go far for sure! ⭐️
briahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: _YoU_KnOw_WhO

I wanna see HTP now just to see  Parineeti 

Everyone looks super impressed😆

last time i was this excited to see a performance...JWM😆
i cannot believe i said it many times: ...ugghh..pari is too ordinary..nothing special. she can never win me. 

same for vidya i used to say: yeh aunty, aur bollywood ki heroine..hah. kabhi nahi, bhaago.

how they proved me wrong...i love these moments. the chaatas these 2 gave me...dharti hil gayi...
u know i am enjoying this smacking...give me more. give me give me...
Debarati7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Have not read a single line yet which is even remotely negative about her performance in the movie..👏..Way to go Pari❤️..Certainly the next big thing ..Loved reading all the reviews 😊
WOOH... Critics love her so much 😳 😆
I'm so proud of my bb😃 
None of her contemporaries comes close to Parineeti when it comes to acting 😃
Edited by KaBhiinlove - 10 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Why just Pari? Include Sid too😆  After watching his earnest performance yesterday, i really want SidM to do well..Its an added bonus that he is absolutely gorgeous😆
P.S. KJo really needs to cast Ranbir and Pari in his next..The two will be dynamite together😆
Edited by rogerrocks - 10 years ago