Debate Mansion

Stockholm Syndrome among (Indian) Women (Page 34)

Post Reply New Post

Page 34 of 44

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigmatic_zephy

on role of women in society,
i just realized

in any story/plot involving aliens/anykind of aliens...the woman wud always be human..LOL

primarily meant to bring a new race to life...give birth to a baby who inherits daddy 's superpowers..

Meaning,

We don't just consider women weak but also think lowly of human race LOL

( wonder where would women in general be once science finds a way to reproduce children economically with help of machines..end to end process)

LoL..

LOL yeah and what would happen to men if women found a way to impregnate themselves with machines.LOL

i think both sexes will always need each other- for companionship, to complete each other etc, and for sex. Yes, for sex. Sex is what makes the world go around, procreation is just a by-product of the fun and frolic.LOL

great poem btw.Smile 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenieenigmatic_zephy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Stockholm Syndrome among (Indian) Women (Page 34)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

enigmatic_zephy

IF-Sizzlerz

enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

Zephy: Wonderful poem by Kalki. Where was it recited/published?

On this year's international woman day's..

she writes often...i think you should be able to find her poems online..

pretty cool chic, she is Big smile .. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

krystal_watz

enigmatic_zephy

IF-Sizzlerz

enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Originally posted by enigmatic_zephy

on role of women in society,
i just realized

in any story/plot involving aliens/anykind of aliens...the woman wud always be human..LOL

primarily meant to bring a new race to life...give birth to a baby who inherits daddy 's superpowers..

Meaning,

We don't just consider women weak but also think lowly of human race LOL

( wonder where would women in general be once science finds a way to reproduce children economically with help of machines..end to end process)

LoL..

LOL yeah and what would happen to men if women found a way to impregnate themselves with machines.LOL

i think both sexes will always need each other- for companionship, to complete each other etc, and for sex. Yes, for sex. Sex is what makes the world go around, procreation is just a by-product of the fun and frolic.LOL

great poem btw.Smile 

don't say that.. that's like heaven for men Tongue

the one responsibility some of them are ready to take and probably the one thing that scares some of them to not do stupid stuff... ..wo bhi nahi rahegi to bas Tongue

Edited by enigmatic_zephy - 10 March 2014 at 3:24pm

enigmatic_zephy

IF-Sizzlerz

enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Picasso9

In the spirit of Enigmatic_Zephy post above
Here's a good message for all big and little girls. 

I am inspired Tongue

my cousin's response to a school essay back in primary school " If I were..." was.. If i were a kung fu panda..

I think next time i get a chance, i am going to write If I were a disney princessTongue ... ( Don't get me wrong...Wink... i really need some solution for my hair..to make them long thick and shiny Tongue and i also have to learn how to naturally befriend dogs Tongue)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Picasso9

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 11 March 2014 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rehanism

How to deal with a situation when women themselves consider the most misogynistic social evils like 'Sati-hood' to be a matter of honour and high virtue?

PS : The purpose of the thread is not to decide who was right in this interaction. So please don't bother to elaborate on that too much. Rather focus on the culturally institutionalized misogyny and women's role in its sustenance.

"Sati hood"  and Sati are two different things.
Forcing a widow to burn herself is murder and thus a crime. Not very sure what you meant by satihood but it could be a choice. It could also be forced.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 March 2014 at 7:21am | IP Logged

If a wife chooses to kill herself or burn at the funeral pyre because her husband died is an iffy choice. A widow shouldn't be made to feel that death is a better choice than trying to rebuild a good life. If Sati manifests to this either out of force or free will, it is a problem.

However, I don't see why the average person would take the notions of chastity and loyalty to such extremes.

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 11 March 2014 at 8:28am | IP Logged
The word "sati" itself has nothing to do with pyre-burning. It means lifetime loyalty and dedication to one's husband.

Edited by krystal_watz - 11 March 2014 at 8:27am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroenigmatic_zephy

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 11 March 2014 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

If a wife chooses to kill herself or burn at the funeral pyre because her husband died is an iffy choice. A widow shouldn't be made to feel that death is a better choice than trying to rebuild a good life. If Sati manifests to this either out of force or free will, it is a problem.

However, I don't see why the average person would take the notions of chastity and loyalty to such extremes.

By choice I meant choice to be a "sati" as explained by krystal. That is to lead a life of chastity and loyalty or dedication and not the one to commit suicide on the pyre. Suicide is said to be a sin so how could people glorify it ?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top