JA Feb 3rd - Wedding ends in Bollywood style

Posted: 10 years ago

The scene that caught my eye today was Jodha reminiscing about her wedding wows and the time she had spent with Jalal. I interpreted it not only as Jodha feeling at peace as she fulfilled her duties, but also that the she finally accepted Jalal as her husband in true sense. It seemed as if she was happy to pass away in her husband's arms. Jodha basically answered Ruqu/Jalal's question raised in DEK as to why she is giving a 'begum hone ki duhai'. After this does Jalal ever need proof as to did Jodha ever accept him as a husband? Will he ever need clarification on why Jodha mislead him in the love letter? Her sacrifice today shows how serious she is about her duties as a wife. It shows her selflessness in doing the right thing. It also shows her determination and love as neither did she get deterred by Jalal's disbelief nor at being proven incorrect many times.

I have always enjoyed the parallel scenes between JaJo, specially when they are praying. It brings eternal peace as I see two people from completely different background coexisting beautifully. One could see the desperation in Jodha's eyes through out the wedding, yet they were so vigilant as she knew about the impending danger. Jalal on the other had this sadness in his eyes that clearly showed he desired no one, but Jodha. The mooh dikhai rasam proved that point, as he could only see Jodha's face in the water which took him back to their first meeting. Jodha is completely distraught when she finds out that the sevayyin needs to be fed. She recollects all the warning signs and realizes that the only way to save her husband is by giving her life away. Jalal must be thinking at that time, this ameri mirchi never gives up. I can terrorize and create fear in anyone's eyes, but this lady does not budge at all. Jodha challenges Jalal's every threat about punishment, that he does not want to listen to her with I am not looking for forgiveness and I have nothing more to say to you. She reminds him of the bitter words and wishes that he never has to see her face. How badly are these words going to come back and haunt Jalal? Till Jodha completely passes off, Jalal is at indenial. The DHAKKA had shaken him to such an extent that every attempt of Jodha could not erase that  memory. I now wonder, if not for this sacrifice of Jodha would Jalal have ever understood her love. May be possible, but given the vultures that live in Agra - this seemed liked the only way to once and for all prove to Jalal that she could do anything for his well being.

Jodha's sacrifice has shaken MA to the core. Obviously not because she is touched. But, because she knows that her plan has completely backfired. MA had this fear in her eyes as she knows how Jodha is going to shine and become the most important person in Jalal's life. MA's fears are reaffirmed when she see's Jalal roaring at everyone who was responsible to be punished by execution. MA yet again understood that every time she tries pull Jodha away from Jalal, their bond only grows. MA now knows that it is not going to be easy to instigate Jalal against Jodha. Ben's mission to make Jodha shine was really successful. Ben gave a speech about how Jodha did everything to protect Jalal and how MA/Ruqu did everything to help her. Jalal is at complete shock as to how the one he did not trust was the only that truly cared.

I couldn't stop laughing at the way Ben made Ruqu her escape route. How many bollywood movies have used this gisa pita formula. It was ridiculous that a woman single handedly dragged begum-e-khaas of Akbar the great without any interruptions from Jalal's army. As long as Jalal gives responsibility to Atgah sahib, what else can we expect other than 'hukum ki taamil hogi'. Anyways the woman finally gets caught, but why that melodrama of running away on the horse? Was it to open Ruqu's eyes? I do not think so, as her eyes remained closed by CVs even after Jodha got the crown of saving her wedding. We all know Adham will kill Ben before she reveals anything about him. Then why did he not just kill her with the khanjahar right then and there. I have been trying hard to ignore all the nonsense and illogical things happening in this track, but this whole Ruqu/Ben thing was OTT!

Precap: Everyone including Ruqu worrying about Jodha the great! OMG, is this show about 'Akbar the great' or 'Jodha the great'?? Jalal weeping away and requesting mercy for his Jodha! I am not looking forward to tomorrow's melodrama, hope Jalal maintains his dignity and the emotions are not too high pitched.

Edited by meghanajain - 10 years ago
meghana dear u seems to be dissapointed by the episode
i agree it was too filmy

but i found the episode great 
as i expected too much filmy style

Edited by happygolucky099 - 10 years ago
i dont mind the melodrama dear as long as Jalal repents and realises his love for Jodha and vice versa filmi style hi sahi.  Loved today's episode.
Great post as always! For all its Bollywood style, loved it for the flashback of Akhda scenes - it brought back such great memories and loved Ben for opening Jalal's eyes on Jodha, Ruqs, and MA. 
I don't mind the precap scene as a Shehenshah is on his knees in front of God and I think that is okay.

I actually saw some parallels between the tiger fiasco and the Ben fiasco with the replaying of the marriage vows and now Jalal will pray for Jodha's life. Except I hope this time it starts the love story ðŸ˜Š
Meghana in that act of hers, Jodha did use the Kartavya word at the Emperor. 

So I am back to asking - Why shd he or anyone else for that matter believe this to be more than Duty? 

And as for giving up her life - She is a Rajput and for Rajputs their promise means everything and she has constantly spouted of her promise to her Maasa at him and he knws that she would give up her life for that promise. Where does Love come into the picture? When she has constantly said that she is only doing her patni dharma, so why would he believe differently now and think of this as 'EPIC LOVE'?  
Edited by adianasr - 10 years ago
Great analysis... 

Jalal deserves to cry... it's his mistake and he's blaming Abul Mali... ðŸ˜¡
He hasn't done great things lately... so he deserves to cry...

Ruqaiyya's kidnapping was really funny! ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by happygolucky099

meghana dear u seems to be dissapointed by the episode
i agree it was too filmy

but i found the episode great 
as i expected too much filmy style

I knew this is how it would end with Jodha getting the crown. But, did not enjoy the melodrama that was shown today. Hopefully Jodha recovers quickly, I cannot take too much of ronadhona and guilt filled sad scenes...

Originally posted by adianasr

Meghana in that act of hers, Jodha did use the Kartavya word at the Emperor. 

So I am back to asking - Why shd he or anyone else for that matter believe this to be more than Duty? 

And as for giving up her life - She is a Rajput and for Rajputs their promise means everything and she has constantly spouted of her promise to her Maasa at him and he knws that she would give up her life for that promise. Where does Love come into the picture? When she has constantly said that she is only doing her patni dharma, so why would he believe differently now and think of this as 'EPIC LOVE'?  

that is because our "Tublight" still thinks she is doing all this for Jalal out of her duty not love...abhi Jalal ki baati jali hai 50 episodes ke baad Jodha ki jalegi...yahi hai serial ki duniya😆
Edited by 111192 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by meghanajain

I knew this is how it would end with Jodha getting the crown. But, did not enjoy the melodrama that was shown today. Hopefully Jodha recovers quickly, I cannot take too much of ronadhona and guilt filled sad scenes...

Benzo was here for full 2 month so current melodrama would stretch till Friday at least
Originally posted by jojal

i dont mind the melodrama dear as long as Jalal repents and realises his love for Jodha and vice versa filmi style hi sahi.  Loved today's episode.

I knew this was coming, but yet when it came did not enjoy it that much except for few scenes. I hope tomorrow is less filmy..