Mahabharat

Mahabharat Episode Discussion Thread #3/ DT's Nt pg 46/ 124, 132 (Page 91)

Post Reply New Post

Page 91 of 150

shyam09

Goldie

shyam09

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnjanaYYZ

PS - StarBharat is intent on making Arjuna - Drau love story happenLOL  Wonder how they are going to explain Subhi...even if Uloopi n Chitra get excludedTongue

They can't forget them, they are the other halves of their dinchak dinchak garam masala hero ... Arjun!!! 
But what will happen is they will be introduced / mentioned and as most things end up in this serial, they will soon be lost and forgotten .. just like Subhadra and Rukmini and Dussala...
They seem to build up the moment with gorgeous actresses and sets and costumes and scenes and then poof! they are never seen or heard from again

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZSabhayata

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mahabharat Episode Discussion Thread #3/ DT's Nt pg 46/ 124, 132 (Page 91)" in Mahabharat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shyam09

Goldie

shyam09

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
Just finished watching today's episode ... favorite part was difficult to choose from (Bheeshma + Vidura or Pandavas + Draupadi scenes).
Now, I understand the show is promoting adharma of this polyandry is, but there are two conflicts I can't get over with that seem to directly attack the characters.
First, Bheeshma wasn't an idiot. He was intelligent, spoke after thinking, an excellent military commander, and most importantly the wisest and eldest of all the Kurus. For him to react in the way he did was pretty poor seeing as he didn't even attempt to see if Yuddhi could justify his actions. Further, when he told Vidura what the difference was between Yuddhi and Duryodhana just shows his own ignorance. Even when Vidura tried to explain the circumstances of the situation, Bheeshma made no attempt to understand it ... and if Vidura knew so much about it (I didn't watch last week's episodes so no idea if this was mentioned), why didn't he just start of with "Maharshi Veda Vyas was the one who accepted this..."

Secondly, Dhriti is once again shown his ignorance of justice. The first time was when he made Arjun ask forgiveness to Karna without hearing his side and the second time was today. Sure Dhrit loved his son a lot, but I hardly would think that it got in his way of doing the right thing (in some occasions... usually when Duryodhana wouldn't act like a coward and bring up the suicide trump card). I mean, he did crown Yuddhi as Yuvraaj seeing as he was a better candidate, he does return Indraprasth after the vastraharan .. so to show Dhriti as such an ignorer of hearing out justice is pretty much beyond me.

My final issue comes with how the Pandavas reacted. After watching yesterday's episode, I can understand why they didn't beat the shit out of Shakuni after insulting Hidimbaa (since everyone was there) ... but c'mon there was a perfect chance to beat the living juices out of Shakuni after everyone (king/queen/bheeshma) had left. 

but overall, excellent episode. Pooja with her soft voice, Bheeshma with his roaring voice, and Yuddhi with his normal voice = Star Star  Star Star Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZCotswoldsdevashree_hSabhayata

Sabhayata

IF-Rockerz

Sabhayata

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 4:09pm | IP Logged

@spatel

1)Ya agreed i think if vidur just would have said that ved vyas ji has okayed this marriage i think bheeshm would have understood.But since vidur didnt mention it i can understand his POV.As per him this is a big adharam.So whether yudi sits on the throne or dury does ultimately adharam is sitting on the throne.From what i understood he implied that pandavas should have taken vanvas instead of marrying drauapdi as per him that would have been the right thing to do yes throne would have gone to dury in that case who is an adharmi but even in this case now throne is going to adharmi yudi.So in a way i understand his POV

2)As for dhrit listening to pandavas and pandavas reaction i guess its reserved for tomorrow when dury call Drau 'chritraheen'

AnjanaYYZCotswolds

shyam09

Goldie

shyam09

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sabhayata

@spatel

1)Ya agreed i think if vidur just would have said that ved vyas ji has okayed this marriage i think bheeshm would have understood.But since vidur didnt mention it i can understand his POV.As per him this is a big adharam.So whether yudi sits on the throne or dury does ultimately adharam is sitting on the throne.From what i understood he implied that pandavas should have taken vanvas instead of marrying drauapdi as per him that would have been the right thing to do yes throne would have gone to dury in that case who is an adharmi but even in this case now throne is going to adharmi yudi.So in a way i understand his POV

But that logic is so flawed (not your logic LOL, Bheeshma's logic)
If the throne is going to go to an adharmi, shouldn't it go to the less adharmic person. One may argue that Yuddhi's act of "adharm" is 10000x worse than all the adharm duri did, but that doesn't make sense since Yuddhi's adharm is an act of dharm because he was obeying his mother! And this is where the whole "let's all take sannyasa" picture screws everything up... either way they would be committing adharm (by either disobeying Kunti or by marrying Draupadi) ... 
even if we think for a second - up till this specific point, Yuddhi was going to be the king because he deserved it. His actions, his character, his sense of judgment, his fairness, his kindness, and above all his realization that forgiveness is higher than everything all point to him being a wonderful king. But based on one little teency tiny itty bitty issue revolving around marrying one wife pushes him off the throne? I mean the real Bheeshma should be able to know Yuddhi in great detail and therefore understand his situation too... Even mentioning Kunti's orders should have been enough for Bheeshma to realize Yuddhi's circumstances, since yuddhi was never a person who thought about himself alone.

Gah ... maybe it's just me. I do understand Bheeshma's POV too, but yeah... it's just me ... Pandavas # 1 fan Tongue

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZCotswoldsdevashree_hSabhayata

AnjanaYYZ

Coolbie

AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
Bheesma is thinking from his own perspective.  He gave up throne for his yet to exist brothers to make his father happy.  N effectively became the thorne's guardian.  He knows the path of sacrifice.  

But, his sacrifice or Satyavathi's ambition (depending on your perspective) started the cycle of adharma... 

What Bhisma did by picking his father over the kingdom was injustice to the throne and the people of HP were shortchanged a righteous strong ruler - the individual with the max competence (samarth and dharma) did not take the throne post Shantanu.  

Coming to the present the same mistake would have been repeated if  Yuddhi had taken Sanyaas while Arjun married Draupadi.  He would have done right by Kunti & Draupadi but, injustice to the people of Hastinapur.  In the alternative, by not marrying Draupadi the brothers would have done right by Hastinapur, but  would have sentenced Draupadi to the same fate as Amba and disobeyed Kunti's word.

Yuddhi instead found  an unconventional solution (courtesy of Draupadi's sacrifice) to the dharma sankat.  He did what Bheeshma said today - he fought his circumstances and found a path out instead of escaping via sanyas.  

Bheeshma doesn't need to be told that Vyasa or Vasu Deva sanctioned this... he needs to understand where he himself erred - shortchanged the people and how his use of samarath combined with commitment to his vow lead to Amba's ruin.  Hopefully, Draupadi can make him see this.   The last thing HP needs is another Bheeshma in the form of Yuddhi!

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 19 February 2014 at 6:48pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Jairamjishyam09Cotswoldsdevashree_hSabhayata...Diala...dixie123....Poojie....

shyam09

Goldie

shyam09

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 6:45pm | IP Logged

Bheesma is thinking from his own perspective.  He gave up throne for his yet to exist brothers to make his father happy.  N effectively became the thorne's guardian.  He knows the path of sacrifice.  

But, his sacrifice or Satyavathi's ambition (depending on your perspective) started the cycle of adharma... 

What Bhisma did by picking his father over the kingdom was injustice to the throne and the people of HP were shortchanged a righteous strong ruler - the individual with the max competence (samarth and dharma) did not take the throne post Shantanu.  

Coming to the present the same mistake would have been repeated if  Yuddhi had taken Sanyaas while Arjun married Draupadi.  He would have done right by Kunti & Draupadi but, injustice to the people of Hastinapur.  In the alternative, by not marrying Draupadi the brothers would have done right by Hastinapur, but  would have sentenced Draupadi to the same fate as Amba and disobeyed Kunti's word.

Yuddhi instead found  an unconventional solution (courtesy of Draupadi's sacrifice) to the dharma sankat. 

Bheeshma doesn't need to be told that Vyasa or Vasu Deva sanctioned this... he needs to understand where he himself erred - shortchanged the people and how his use of samarath combined with commitment to his vow lead to Amba's ruin.  Hopefully, Draupadi can make him see this.   The last thing HP needs is another Bheeshma in the form of Yuddhi!
yeah you tell him (Bheeshma) Anjana!!! Fully agree and support you!! LOL

Edited by spatel23 - 19 February 2014 at 6:44pm

AnjanaYYZSabhayata

Jairamji

Jairamji

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 7:15pm | IP Logged

Yuddhi instead found  an unconventional solution (courtesy of Draupadi's sacrifice) to the dharma sankat.  He did what Bheeshma said today - he fought his circumstances and found a path out instead of escaping via sanyas.  

Wow! Great analysis! Love it interesting take. Thanks 

AnjanaYYZSabhayata

...Diala...

IF-Sizzlerz

...Diala...

Posted: 19 February 2014 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
Anjana.. reading your take am afraid if Draupadi will use the same Ambastra on Bheeshma directly like she did on Arjuna Shocked

AnjanaYYZSabhayata

Post Reply New Post

Go to top