Mahabharat

Mahabharat Episode Discussion Thread #3/ DT's Nt pg 46/ 124, 132 (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 150

...Diala...

IF-Sizzlerz

...Diala...

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srishtisingh

i think the archers were treated as foremost warriors or best warriors at that time.or let us say higher in ranking. may b thats why u see mostly in swayanvar the competition was mostly related to dhanush(bow).hence may b drupad wanted the best archer to win.thats an assumption based on few observations.if its wrong forgive my limited knowledge Smile

you are right.. foremost or not but archery was a default weapon for all warriors.. may be so the priority Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sabhayata.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mahabharat Episode Discussion Thread #3/ DT's Nt pg 46/ 124, 132 (Page 6)" in Mahabharat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Drupada had a desire to have Arjuna as his son-in-law.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CotswoldsSabhayata.Vrish.

Sabhayata

IF-Rockerz

Sabhayata

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Well the swyambar set was beautiful and magnificient

But story was distorted .Although what duryodhan said made sense but he never asked karna to win the competition on his behalf?And what was karna saying that if this competition wasnt part of swyambar he would have participated, that menas he actually didnt come to win he only came to accompany duryodhan like shakuni.Well if that is the case and he truly feels that his marriage to Drauapdi is not right for whatever reason why should he feel bad becuase of her rejection?

I am also confused becuse in promo Draupadi clealry says i wont marry a sutputra does it mean that it hasnt been clarified that if karna wins she will marry Duryodhan not karna.Becuase if she did know that she will marry duryodhan if karna wins there is no basis of saying that statement Duryodhan is not a sutputra.I really fear that the main basis for rejecting karna will be the fact that he is participating on duryodhan's behalf and he would refuse to participate for himslef.Which will completley distort the reason for Karna's bitterness towards Draupadi

Best thing was set and drauapdi were looking pretty

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Cotswolds

...Diala...

IF-Sizzlerz

...Diala...

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sabhayata

Well the swyambar set was beautiful and magnificient

But story was distorted .Although what duryodhan said made sense but he never asked karna to win the competition on his behalf?And what was karna saying that if this competition wasnt part of swyambar he would have participated, that menas he actually didnt come to win he only came to accompany duryodhan like shakuni.Well if that is the case and he truly feels that his marriage to Drauapdi is not right for whatever reason why should he feel bad becuase of her rejection?

I am also confused becuse in promo Draupadi clealry says i wont marry a sutputra does it mean that it hasnt been clarified that if karna wins she will marry Duryodhan not karna.Becuase if she did know that she will marry duryodhan if karna wins there is no basis of saying that statement Duryodhan is not a sutputra.I really fear that the main basis for rejecting karna will be the fact that he is participating on duryodhan's behalf and he would refuse to participate for himslef.Which will completley distort the reason for Karna's bitterness towards Draupadi

Best thing was set and drauapdi were looking pretty

that is not feeling bad for rejection Sabhayata.. that is for the public insult so his bitterness towards her still holds good.. you need not fear that.. Draupadi will reject him on grounds of caste.. she will not know Karna-Dury deal.. so this seems ok ok interpretation for me.. but I do agree it lessens the heat of the moment.. which am a little unhappy about but digestible..

yes over here looks like he accompanied Dury and dint have a motive to participate..

sms13CotswoldsSabhayata

Sabhayata

IF-Rockerz

Sabhayata

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
@Diala:But if Karna and duryodhan's deal isnt disclosed and drauapdi says the she wont marry a sutputra then wont karna clarify the she doenst have to marry suputra if he wins she will marry Duryodhan who is not a sutputra.What will happen then how will they stop Karna then?

Cotswoldsdaenerysnow...Diala...

...Diala...

IF-Sizzlerz

...Diala...

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sabhayata

@Diala:But if Karna and duryodhan's deal isnt disclosed and drauapdi says the she wont marry a sutputra then wont karna clarify the she doenst have to marry suputra if he wins she will marry Duryodhan who is not a sutputra.What will happen then how will they stop Karna then?

I had the same question.. but once she said that, then and there enough damage done to him.. why would Karna stop and care to explain.. why would he be interested in winning her for Dury? so he would walk out.. sounds ok?

CotswoldsdaenerysnowSabhayata

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
If Karna is the representative of Duryodhan then I don't see any good reason for Draupadi to reject him. Shakuni was right. Even Bhishma abducted the princesses of Kashi, this one is atleast an open competition.

Apparently Rukhmi is the only prominent name participating in the Swayamvar other than the Chandal Chaukdi. Other stalwarts like Jaydrath, Shishupal, Shalya, Jarasandh etc have been completely forgotten. Have they even cast these characters? I thought they would introduce Jarasandh and Jaydrath today. But it seems to be a low profile event.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CotswoldsdaenerysnowSabhayata...Diala...

daenerysnow

Goldie

daenerysnow

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
Yes, I was struck by the lack of known faces, it seems as if only Duryodhan n his cronies are present, though Balram n Krishna r to be expected to appear in the next ep probably, and wheres Ashwattama gotten to? Jayadrath, Salya, Jarasandh, Shishupal who exists in name only inspite of the Rukmini story having passed, how have they not found actors for these roles yet?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Cotswolds...Diala...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top