Ads all over the place....annoyed [SOLVED]

Posted: 10 years ago
Hey

I wanna inform that i am using google chrome and as you can see in the pictures, there are multiple ads popping up from above and below...😲
There is ad under every post...

Edited by ..Cinderella... - 10 years ago
Hey,
its ads generated by google and not India-forums.com.

Click on the "X" button and change your "Settings for Google Ads". Those ads are added according to your preference and interests.
Originally posted by Aahaana

Hey,
its ads generated by google and not India-forums.com.

Click on the "X" button and change your "Settings for Google Ads". Those ads are added according to your preference and interests.

Hey, thanks for replying but where do i find "x" button? on keyboard or the screen?
On screen, check the ads, you will see play button and one x..click on the X button.
Originally posted by Aahaana

On screen, check the ads, you will see play button and one x..click on the X button.

But there are some ads which has "x" button on them but these ads doesn't have "x" button on them.
^^ Then maybe you could either change browsers [Safari generally filters most of the ads], or you could install ad-blocker, which is a free S/W that blocks all ads on all the websites. However, the second option is not particularly conducive as ads are the way this site earns its revenue, so yeah :)
Originally posted by BalamPichkaari

^^ Then maybe you could either change browsers [Safari generally filters most of the ads], or you could install ad-blocker, which is a free S/W that blocks all ads on all the websites. However, the second option is not particularly conducive as ads are the way this site earns its revenue, so yeah :)

You are right Ritch, but generally most of the users use Windows platform, myself included.Maybe the only way is we overlook them , and just enjoy on I-F
^^ I use a Windows' platform too, and Safari works perfectly fine on it. :) So I don't think it is the OS that really matters :)
Thanks both of you for replying ... i'll try out your ideas and will inform you how it went.😳
Originally posted by ..Cinderella...

But there are some ads which has "x" button on them but these ads doesn't have "x" button on them.

Change your settings in Google. Go to the 3 lines right beside the URL bar and click on "Settings". Then from there click on "Show advanced settings". Under the title Privacy there is an option that reads "Content Settings". Click on that and scroll down in the new pop-up window. About halfway down you should see Pop-ups as one of the titles. On that one select "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)". This will stop these ads from showing up. Any time you do want a website to show a pop-up, you just go here and click on "Manage exceptions" and add in the website URL for where you want pop-ups to show up.

This will stop these ads from showing up in weird places on IF.