Glad to see this new forum. My likes and dislikes for the new schedule so far:
1. Orchestra: They are simply the best in business. They are the constant factor that has made the show so great - certainly not the anchors or singers or the judges. If they move to another channel, the show will lose its top spot. Guaranteed.
2. Taufiq: He (TQ) will hopefully provide a sane counterpoint to AG's always over-the-top, always loud, always excessively gushing comments.
3. Brevity of schedule: I hear that this schedule gets over in early April. The earlier schedules used to go on and on and on with specials, callbacks and other nautanki. Hope they stick to the plan!
1. Awadhoot Gupte: He has long passed the use-by date. He is biased and seems to get his way with the channel. (Not that Salil K or HM were any less biased or didn't get their way.) He cheapens the show with his over-enthusiasm & excessive praise for his pets.
2. Hindi songs: This is a Marathi channel and it's a Marathi show. There are tons of shows featuring Hindi songs. Where is MNS when we need it ?
3. Emphasis on Style over Substance: All contestant were dolled up. Is this a fashion show (there were several fashion disasters too) or a music show?
The results of practically every main schedule prior to this have been embroiled in 'match fixing' controversies and I see no reason why this would be any different. I can already guess the 3 finalists & predict the winner!