Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

vidya0906

Cool Viewbie

vidya0906

Posted: 28 January 2014 at 8:58pm | IP Logged

Ok friends you can start discussion on SRGMP here in this thread Tongue

Had watched a couple of songs yesterday...it was a repeat episode...loved the gondhal gondhal song...even the hindi song from prince, the singer is too good...but why are they singing hindi songs...there are so many beautiful marathi songs, cant they stick to that...and the judges were behaving quite strangely Confused

Edited by vidya0906 - 28 January 2014 at 9:01pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spashta-waktaNeela007mishkil88

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SA RE GA MA PA SUR NAVYA YUGACHE" in Zee Marathi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mishkil88

IF-Dazzler

mishkil88

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 3:43am | IP Logged
i think jaban pe laaga namak ishq ka. song from omkara was a greatly sung and it got repeat run too...

Neela007

Neela007

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 9:29am | IP Logged
I think Mrunmayee was very good in the Natya sangeet -vad jau kunala sharan.
Manoj Kshirsagar - I could not appreciate the slightly modified tune of Tula pahile me nadichya kinari...although he delivered with the calmness required for the song.  I just could not get rid of Suresh Wadkar's rendition of this song.

Gazal - Chupke chupke raat din - rendition by Prahlad Jadhav...awesome!!Clap  Compared to the original version by Ghulam Ali, I could follow the words clearly.  Although it is Marathi SRGMP, I really wish there are some more ghazals rendered by others too.

Since AG is the judge, all the tamasha songs and item songs will get lauded undoubtedly.  

Hoping for a tough competition.  Good Luck to all participants Thumbs Up.  

Also hope to see Toufik ji's performances.  I wish he narrates some incidences of his learning from his father or his brother.  Keeping fingers crossed.

And Avadhoot Angry he better keep his mouth shut and stop the extra blah blah blah...let the real experts and participants do their job.  He really gets on my nerves. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spashta-waktamishkil88

spashta-wakta

spashta-wakta

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Glad to see this new forum. My likes and dislikes for the new schedule so far:
1. Orchestra: They are simply the best in business. They are the constant factor that has made the show so great - certainly not the anchors or singers or the judges. If they move to another channel, the show will lose its top spot. Guaranteed.
2. Taufiq: He (TQ) will hopefully provide a sane counterpoint to AG's always over-the-top, always loud, always excessively gushing comments.
3. Brevity of schedule: I hear that this schedule gets over in early April. The earlier schedules used to go on and on and on with specials, callbacks and other nautanki. Hope they stick to the plan!
Dislikes:
1. Awadhoot Gupte: He has long passed the use-by date. He is biased and seems to get his way with the channel. (Not that Salil K or HM were any less biased or didn't get their way.) He cheapens the show with his over-enthusiasm & excessive praise for his pets.
2. Hindi songs: This is a Marathi channel and it's a Marathi show. There are tons of shows featuring Hindi songs. Where is MNS when we need it ?Wink
3. Emphasis on Style over Substance: All contestant were dolled up. Is this a fashion show (there were several fashion disasters too) or a music show? 

The results of practically every main schedule prior to this have been embroiled in 'match fixing' controversies and I see no reason why this would be any different. I can already guess the 3 finalists & predict the winner! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neela007

spashta-wakta

spashta-wakta

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neela.H

I think Mrunmayee was very good in the Natya sangeet -vad jau kunala sharan.
Manoj Kshirsagar - I could not appreciate the slightly modified tune of Tula pahile me nadichya kinari...although he delivered with the calmness required for the song.  I just could not get rid of Suresh Wadkar's rendition of this song.

Since AG is the judge, all the tamasha songs and item songs will get lauded undoubtedly.  

And Avadhoot Angry he better keep his mouth shut and stop the extra blah blah blah...let the real experts and participants do their job.  He really gets on my nerves. 

Only the first two songs (tIrth viTThal, kA re durAwA) had noticeably different music arrangements. The rest were not discernably different. tulA pAhile mI is such a wonderful song & Manoj sang it with ease. But why did they show just 2 lines being sung by him and cut him off in under 1 minute? Ditto for Bhagyashree Tikle. Because they wanted to show AG's nautanki in Juilee's song! That's so totally unfair to Manoj & Bhagyashree - but what do we expect with AG around? Style will always take precedence over substance.

BTW, I agree 100% with you about AG being completely biased against Ashwini Deshpande in an earlier schedule. Yes, she was almost one-dimensional and sang nATya-sangIt almost all the time, but then the winner almost always sang lAwNyA by Sulochana Chavan! AG always goes overboard whenever a lAwNI is sung and ZM seems to have a conspiracy to promote lAwNI as "the definitive prototype of authentic Marathi song'. He used to sit eraNDel-faced whenever Ashwini sang and that affected her confidence greatly. Do you know what happened to her? She was certainly prettier than most of the contestants across all the schedules - in fact prettier than most of the actresses in the daily soaps!

I have no doubt one camera will be permanently trained on Rasika Ganu throughout this schedule for obvious reasons!

Neela007mishkil88

Neela007

Neela007

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 11:22am | IP Logged
SW - when I was re-listening to Ashwini Deshpande yesterday, I had the same thoughts - whatever happened to her after that Unhappy  I think she has kids and may not  be having enough contacts to give her chance to perform live.  Also, she being a hardcore natya sangeet singer, there are not those many opportunities.  Abhilasha Chellam and the other south indian participants of Marathi SRGMP are seen performing live here and there.  But haven't seen any news about Ashwini.
100 % agree with you about her looks...I swear...even after having two kids, she beats most of the current young actressesClapin the Marathi TV and cine world.  In that SRGMP shedule, I actually wondered if someone on ZM approached her for a role in one of the serials.  I am sure she was nauseated enough with SK and AG's crappy politics.  Shame on them!!

And honestly, I did not expect HM to do all that.  But knowing the bureaucracy of the Mangeshkar's I should not have been surprised.  HM did it so openly and that disgusted me all the more.  Unfortunately, although Suresh W did not agree with him many times, it was frustrating to watch him dance to HM's tunes Angry.  Also, HM was so self-pompous.  I can still tolerate him as he's really talented and knowledgeable.  AG is not even capable of sitting next to him and barring a few songs, all AG has done is remixes.  Although I have heard that he was a SRGMP winner himself.  Was that fixed too?LOL

AG really needs to be shown his place.  I don't think Toufik ji will do that, although I wish he does. Having worked in Hindi industry and knowing all the ins & outs of reality shows, I doubt he will do that.  Let's wait and watch.

spashta-waktamishkil88

mishkil88

IF-Dazzler

mishkil88

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
SW & Neela - i appreciate your views : btw i was wondering ki tula pahile mi he gane fakt dhurvapadach 2 mins gayle kase...was it edited ?? how come such a short  song was allowed ?? also there was one remark by AG to a participant who announced "cut" in his own song - what tamasha was that by AG ? was it stage-managed ?

Neela007

spashta-wakta

spashta-wakta

Posted: 30 January 2014 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mishkil88

SW & Neela - i appreciate your views : btw i was wondering ki tula pahile mi he gane fakt dhurvapadach 2 mins gayle kase...was it edited ?? how come such a short  song was allowed ?? also there was one remark by AG to a participant who announced "cut" in his own song - what tamasha was that by AG ? was it stage-managed ?

Yes, both Manoj & Bhagyashri's renditions were heavily edited and barely 1 min of each was shown to make space for AG's antics - first when he scolded Ganesh Mestry and later when he danced with everybody while Jubilee sang. You aren't going to win with AG as judge unless you sing lAwNyA & kandepohe-type (con)fusion songs!
Believe me, I know so much about the politics of SRGMP that I don't know why I even bother to get hassled by AG et al! Suffice to say that all decisions are taken strictly for commercial reasons AND also sociopolitical ones. You are a fool if you think your SMSes affect any decision! 

Neela007

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.