Jodha Akbar

..::Doubts & Discussions about Historical facts::.. (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 61

history_geek

IF-Dazzler

history_geek

Posted: 01 February 2014 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Hi friends,

Posted something related to historical veracity of ongoing Benazir Track...
Check this link...

Benazir Track - Final Update - Part-2
Read  Stern Smile  on.

Did Jodha drank poison actually in history..?? Infer...
Link::
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3848936&PID=100533127&#p100533127

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sreev12ann2012jodahThe.Patthaaka....SoniSona....tamy267

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "..::Doubts & Discussions about Historical facts::.. (Page 7)" in Jodha Akbar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mallika-E-Bhais

IF-Sizzlerz

Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 01 February 2014 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ann2012

Originally posted by The.Patthaaka.

@jodah : hello.there is a section in ur post which speaks of hamida not being royal by blood. Which historian's work have u referred to in that para? 
I have read that she was known to the Mughal household because of her frequent visits to the banquets organised by the queens of Babur. so that makes me wonder,why would a commoner be invited to such exquisite banquets? 

interestingly,some believe that Hamida was more keen on marrying another of Babur's son named Hindal and not Humayun at first. Hindal as we know is Ruqaiya sultan begum's father.

She did want to marry Hindal. And Hindal her. They were closer in age too. That is why when Humayun proposed marriage to Hamida, she gave him a lot nakhras. And gave her consent only after 40 days of proper courting by Humayun. LOL 

Yes she seemed to be a lot like serial Jodha! LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

geeta58sreev12ann2012jodahArieltabi

Mallika-E-Bhais

IF-Sizzlerz

Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 01 February 2014 at 9:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jodah

@jodah : hello.there is a section in ur post which speaks of hamida not being royal by blood. Which historian's work have u referred to in that para? 
I have read that she was known to the Mughal household because of her frequent visits to the banquets organised by the queens of Babur. so that makes me wonder,why would a commoner be invited to such exquisite banquets? 

interestingly,some believe that Hamida was more keen on marrying another of Babur's son named Hindal and not Humayun at first. Hindal as we know is Ruqaiya sultan begum's father.

Hameeda Banu is not a royal descended/royal blood  but her family is very close to Mughals specialy her father association with Hindal Mirza the youngest son of Mughal Emperor Babar.

Hameeda Banu is daughter of Shaikh Ali Akbar Jami, an Iranian Shi'ite Muslim also known as Mir Baba Dost is descended from the mystic/saint Shaikh Ahmad Jami of Torbat-e Jam in Khorasan. Hameeda's father is a friend & preceptar(military instructor) of Hindal Mirza.

The Humayun Nama: Gulbadan Begum's forgotten chronicle

Humayun's marriage to Hamida-banu Begum who was to become the mother of the Great Emperor Akbar, Gulbadan writes, "The Emperor came to see her Highness, my mother (when we were encamped at Bhakkar). Shah Husain Mirza's harem and all his people paid their respects to his Majesty at this meeting. When he saw Hamida-banu Begam, his Majesty asked: 'Who is this?' They said: 'The daughter of Mir Baba Dost.'

In those days Hamida-banu Begam was often in the Mirza's residence. Another day when his Majesty came to see her Highness my mother, he remarked: 'Mir Baba Dost is related to us. It is fitting that you should give me his daughter in marriage.' On another day he came to my mother, and said: 'Send someone to call Hamida-banu Begam here.' When my mother sent the message, Hamida-banu Begam did not come, but said: 'If it is to pay my respects, I was exalted by paying my respects the other day. Why should I come again?' Another time his Majesty sent Subhan Quli, and said: 'Go to Shah Husain Mirza and tell him to send the Begam.' The Mirza said: 'Whatever I may say, she will not go. Go yourself and tell her.' When Subhan Quli went and spoke, the Begam replied: 'To see kings once is lawful; a second time it is forbidden. I shall not come.' On this Subhan Quli went and represented what she had said. His Majesty remarked: 'If she is na mahram, we will make her mahram.'

To cut the story short: For forty days the Begam resisted and discussed and disagreed. At last her Highness my mother, Dildar Begam, advised her, saying: 'After all you will marry someone. Better than a king, who is there?' And finally the Begum consented. His Majesty took the astrolabe into his own blessed hand and, having chosen a propitious hour, summoned Mir Abu'l-baqa and ordered him to make fast the marriage bond."

thanks for the details dear Thumbs Up

Tabhi saas-bahu ki itti jamti hain. They both gave their husbands a hard time. Wink

TOO TRUE! ROFL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

geeta58ann2012jodahArieltabi

ann2012

Goldie

ann2012

Posted: 01 February 2014 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

She did want to marry Hindal. And Hindal her. They were closer in age too. That is why when Humayun proposed marriage to Hamida, she gave him a lot nakhras. And gave her consent only after 40 days of proper courting by Humayun. LOL 

Yes she seemed to be a lot like serial Jodha! LOL

Both had ghrina for their husbands initially and had guts to oppose the king's demands. Also, both seemed to like the younger brother more LOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

geeta58sreev12Shweta16history_geekjodahArieltabiThe.Patthaaka.Mallika-E-Bhais

jodah

IF-Dazzler

jodah

Posted: 02 February 2014 at 12:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

^
@jodah

So nicely put.
As far your question is concerned, those who don't read accounts and ''generalise'' everything, have this dilemma. BTW, i DON'T have this doubt. Smile

Agree here with you.

whether if people have doubts or questions you are there to clear them with real history facts Clap thanks abhay Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sreev12history_geek

jodah

IF-Dazzler

jodah

Posted: 02 February 2014 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

Hi friends,

Posted something related to historical veracity of ongoing Benazir Track...
Check this link...

Benazir Track - Final Update - Part-2
Read  Stern Smile  on.

Did Jodha drank poison actually in history..?? Infer...
Link::
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3848936&PID=100533127&#p100533127

wow  now thats really intresting thanks abhay for the link i will sure check it Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

history_geek

The.Patthaaka.

IF-Sizzlerz

The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 02 February 2014 at 6:11am | IP Logged
thanks sharing that bit Abhay. Its interesting to know that this wasn't inculded in teh AkbarNama.
You know its good that the makers are digging deep to show us unknown stories about Akbar. But the thing is I feel they should prioritize which stories must be shown and which shouldn't.
The Benazir track was disliked unanimously. There is so much content available on Akbar,why don't they focus on stories which is known to everyone at first? and then put unknown stories as filler tracks. Instead of telecasting such stories as mainstream and filling in important ones here and there. 

Its more sensible I think. What do you think?

So far we've had repetitive pregnancy and miscarriage tracks.People are going to think Akbar became great just by sitting in Agra and handling the harem D'oh

How many actual events have been covered in the show so far?

The marriage to Jodha,Ruqaiya's miscarriage(s),Bairam's departure,child marriage ban..all these things did happen. What about the others things they've shown? Its the same thing shown over and over again Ouch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sreev12ann2012Shweta16history_geek

history_geek

IF-Dazzler

history_geek

Posted: 02 February 2014 at 7:56am | IP Logged

thanks sharing that bit Abhay. Its interesting to know that this wasn't inculded in the AkbarNama.
You know its good that the makers are digging deep to show us unknown stories about Akbar. But the thing is I feel they should prioritize which stories must be shown and which shouldn't.
The Benazir track was disliked unanimously. There is so much content available on Akbar,why don't they focus on stories which is known to everyone at first? and then put unknown stories as filler tracks. Instead of telecasting such stories as mainstream and filling in important ones here and there. 

Its more sensible I think. What do you think?
So far we've had repetitive pregnancy and miscarriage tracks.People are going to think Akbar became great just by sitting in Agra and handling the harem D'oh
How many actual events have been covered in the show so far?

The marriage to Jodha,Ruqaiya's miscarriage(s),Bairam's departure,child marriage ban..all these things did happen. What about the others things they've shown? Its the same thing shown over and over again Ouch

Welcome disha.Smile
Not only Vishkanya track. But many other future tracks have not found their place in Akbarnama. Afterall, entire history of any king cannot be recorded in a book only.

The tracks you mentioned are historical.
BTW, i remember when i posted that Ruqs Miscarriage incident. Before that time also, forum was replete with posts, that all this is being done for TRPs only.Confused
And, only after seeing all this 'hahakar' i thought of posting that piece of Ruqs miscarriage. Though, i also could not connect everything.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3809107&PID=95903050&#p95903050

If some event happened then they have to show it. Why the forum thinks every incident is hatched to suit TRP's...LOL. I agree, that method of execution needs improvement and they spice it as well.. But why the eternal dilemma that, its fake and fake only...Sleepy...!...Core events are true..

Plz see this piece, if you have missed. Its regarding the lectures of how  16th century Jodha used to lecturify Akbar in reality also..Smile...
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3848936&TPN=31

Few of her lectures are so famous, that they will come as separate tracks in the show. We will update before they will come..

BTW, As you also said, i also feel nice seeing how much they have researched, but at the same time i also want the CV's to mend their ways, and improve the execution...!...

Also, regarding Miscarriages, i do not know complete details till now. But, MA was involved in these MC's. Abul Fazl has written about her in short..Confused
Now, coming to Akbar, i feel in coming episodes we will see his wars also. I am eagerly waiting for it...Smile...Now, MA, Adham and Atga are going to 'heaven' soon. Then, i feel story will move forward. Also now, Hakim, Abul Mali, Sharifuddin, etc. are in picture.. We have interesting times ahead.

Also, if we go by Akbarnama, till now, Akbar had fought 1 MAJOR battle personally,after marriage to Harka,  that was Battle of Paronkh, which they have shown. And, as the story moves further they will show more. In reality also, Akbar sent his generals to Chanderi and Kabul, etc.
Lets wait...Smile.

Edited by history_geek - 02 February 2014 at 8:01am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Jaz713sreev12ann2012Shweta16Sandhya.AThe.Patthaaka....SoniSona....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top