Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

   
Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

..::Doubts & Discussions about Historical facts::.. (Page 5)

ann2012 Goldie
ann2012
ann2012

Joined: 23 September 2013
Posts: 1232

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Patthaaka.

Originally posted by ann2012


6 months 15 days up till now and still counting LOL

hopefully we have enough numbers to count LOL

given this a soap, i won't be suprised if we run out of numbers LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.FemmeFatale.

jodah IF-Dazzler
jodah
jodah

Joined: 16 December 2013
Posts: 4613

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Patthaaka.

@jodah : hello.there is a section in ur post which speaks of hamida not being royal by blood. Which historian's work have u referred to in that para? 
I have read that she was known to the Mughal household because of her frequent visits to the banquets organised by the queens of Babur. so that makes me wonder,why would a commoner be invited to such exquisite banquets? 

interestingly,some believe that Hamida was more keen on marrying another of Babur's son named Hindal and not Humayun at first. Hindal as we know is Ruqaiya sultan begum's father.


 Hameeda Banu is not a royal descended/royal blood  but her family is very close to Mughals specialy her father association with Hindal Mirza the youngest son of Mughal Emperor Babar.

Hameeda Banu is daughter of Shaikh Ali Akbar Jami, an Iranian Shi'ite Muslim also known as Mir Baba Dost is descended from the mystic/saint Shaikh Ahmad Jami of Torbat-e Jam in Khorasan. Hameeda's father is a friend & preceptar(military instructor) of Hindal Mirza.

The Humayun Nama: Gulbadan Begum's forgotten chronicle

 Humayun's marriage to Hamida-banu Begum who was to become the mother of the Great Emperor Akbar, Gulbadan writes, "The Emperor came to see her Highness, my mother (when we were encamped at Bhakkar). Shah Husain Mirza's harem and all his people paid their respects to his Majesty at this meeting. When he saw Hamida-banu Begam, his Majesty asked: 'Who is this?' They said: 'The daughter of Mir Baba Dost.'

In those days Hamida-banu Begam was often in the Mirza's residence. Another day when his Majesty came to see her Highness my mother, he remarked: 'Mir Baba Dost is related to us. It is fitting that you should give me his daughter in marriage.' On another day he came to my mother, and said: 'Send someone to call Hamida-banu Begam here.' When my mother sent the message, Hamida-banu Begam did not come, but said: 'If it is to pay my respects, I was exalted by paying my respects the other day. Why should I come again?' Another time his Majesty sent Subhan Quli, and said: 'Go to Shah Husain Mirza and tell him to send the Begam.' The Mirza said: 'Whatever I may say, she will not go. Go yourself and tell her.' When Subhan Quli went and spoke, the Begam replied: 'To see kings once is lawful; a second time it is forbidden. I shall not come.' On this Subhan Quli went and represented what she had said. His Majesty remarked: 'If she is na mahram, we will make her mahram.'

To cut the story short: For forty days the Begam resisted and discussed and disagreed. At last her Highness my mother, Dildar Begam, advised her, saying: 'After all you will marry someone. Better than a king, who is there?' And finally the Begum consented. His Majesty took the astrolabe into his own blessed hand and, having chosen a propitious hour, summoned Mir Abu'l-baqa and ordered him to make fast the marriage bond."





Edited by jodah - 31 January 2014 at 11:35am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sreev12ann2012.FemmeFatale.Mallika-E-Bhais

Donjas IF-Dazzler
Donjas
Donjas

Joined: 15 October 2013
Posts: 3026

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:40am | IP Logged
I was wondering how many historical items have been lost forever to historians. One can only imagine what historical treasures were looted from Akbar's tomb when the Jats attacked, or what did Nadir Shah plunder, or how many historical books and artifacts were destroyed in the revolt of 1857.
I am willing to bet that 90% of historical records and artifacts have been destroyed in the turbulent history of India.
Had those records still been in existence what a more detailed picture of Akbar and Marium Zamani's life it would have portrayed.
One can only wonder.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sreev12ann2012history_geekSindhuMenon.FemmeFatale.SonaLuvZaSafMallika-E-Bhais

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Joined: 15 September 2008
Posts: 21619

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Thanks jodah. This makes it more clear. Ann was telling me about the 40 days thing some time back. This piece explains it beautifully.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ann2012jodah

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Joined: 15 September 2008
Posts: 21619

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Donjas

I was wondering how many historical items have been lost forever to historians. One can only imagine what historical treasures were looted from Akbar's tomb when the Jats attacked, or what did Nadir Shah plunder, or how many historical books and artifacts were destroyed in the revolt of 1857.
I am willing to bet that 90% of historical records and artifacts have been destroyed in the turbulent history of India.
Had those records still been in existence what a more detailed picture of Akbar and Marium Zamani's life it would have portrayed.
One can only wonder.

Oh yes!Truly! Even if some of it was saved,most of it got buried or burnt during the British Rule. We have certain British authors' work as well. But i have been skeptical about the British authors peaking of Indian History. Nothing against them,its just that they usually wrote stuff in only one perspective. LOL

You know how our "first war of indian independence" (1857 a.d.) was addressed as "sepoy mutiny/the revolt/the sepoy rebellion" etc by the British. See the difference? Same logic applies.

Ofcourse,we have many exceptions. But one of my favourites professors always said "exceptions cannot be termed as examples"
ann2012 Goldie
ann2012
ann2012

Joined: 23 September 2013
Posts: 1232

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jodah

Originally posted by The.Patthaaka.

@jodah : hello.there is a section in ur post which speaks of hamida not being royal by blood. Which historian's work have u referred to in that para? 
I have read that she was known to the Mughal household because of her frequent visits to the banquets organised by the queens of Babur. so that makes me wonder,why would a commoner be invited to such exquisite banquets? 

interestingly,some believe that Hamida was more keen on marrying another of Babur's son named Hindal and not Humayun at first. Hindal as we know is Ruqaiya sultan begum's father.


 Hameeda Banu is not a royal descended/royal blood  but her family is very close to Mughals specialy her father association with Hindal Mirza the youngest son of Mughal Emperor Babar.

Hameeda Banu is daughter of Shaikh Ali Akbar Jami, an Iranian Shi'ite Muslim also known as Mir Baba Dost is descended from the mystic/saint Shaikh Ahmad Jami of Torbat-e Jam in Khorasan. Hameeda's father is a friend & preceptar(military instructor) of Hindal Mirza.

The Humayun Nama: Gulbadan Begum's forgotten chronicle

 Humayun's marriage to Hamida-banu Begum who was to become the mother of the Great Emperor Akbar, Gulbadan writes, "The Emperor came to see her Highness, my mother (when we were encamped at Bhakkar). Shah Husain Mirza's harem and all his people paid their respects to his Majesty at this meeting. When he saw Hamida-banu Begam, his Majesty asked: 'Who is this?' They said: 'The daughter of Mir Baba Dost.'

In those days Hamida-banu Begam was often in the Mirza's residence. Another day when his Majesty came to see her Highness my mother, he remarked: 'Mir Baba Dost is related to us. It is fitting that you should give me his daughter in marriage.' On another day he came to my mother, and said: 'Send someone to call Hamida-banu Begam here.' When my mother sent the message, Hamida-banu Begam did not come, but said: 'If it is to pay my respects, I was exalted by paying my respects the other day. Why should I come again?' Another time his Majesty sent Subhan Quli, and said: 'Go to Shah Husain Mirza and tell him to send the Begam.' The Mirza said: 'Whatever I may say, she will not go. Go yourself and tell her.' When Subhan Quli went and spoke, the Begam replied: 'To see kings once is lawful; a second time it is forbidden. I shall not come.' On this Subhan Quli went and represented what she had said. His Majesty remarked: 'If she is na mahram, we will make her mahram.'

To cut the story short: For forty days the Begam resisted and discussed and disagreed. At last her Highness my mother, Dildar Begam, advised her, saying: 'After all you will marry someone. Better than a king, who is there?' And finally the Begum consented. His Majesty took the astrolabe into his own blessed hand and, having chosen a propitious hour, summoned Mir Abu'l-baqa and ordered him to make fast the marriage bond."

thanks for the details dear Thumbs Up

Tabhi saas-bahu ki itti jamti hain. They both gave their husbands a hard time. Wink



Edited by ann2012 - 31 January 2014 at 11:50am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sreev12severus1jodah.FemmeFatale.Mallika-E-Bhais

jodah IF-Dazzler
jodah
jodah

Joined: 16 December 2013
Posts: 4613

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Patthaaka.

Thanks jodah. This makes it more clear. Ann was telling me about the 40 days thing some time back. This piece explains it beautifully.


my pleasure dear Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.FemmeFatale.

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Joined: 15 September 2008
Posts: 21619

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ann2012


Tabhi saas-bahu ki itti jamti hain. They both gave their husbands a hard time. Wink


ROFL

True LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ann2012

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
||~*FATED TO BE YOURS *~||{HISTORICAL ONE}

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Author: shikha26rockss   Replies: 75   Views: 1860

shikha26rockss 75 1860 31 July 2016 at 7:13am by shikha26rockss
pics from tour AGRA'16 Historical Miniature Painting page 15

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16

Author: Senapatichandri   Replies: 125   Views: 3257

Senapatichandri 125 3257 20 March 2016 at 8:09am by 155pari
Zee TV's historical magnum opus Jodha Akbar - a consistent slot leader

Author: Mavaddat   Replies: 4   Views: 442

Mavaddat 4 442 21 July 2015 at 8:41am by .antara.
Historical OS: ~Longing....~

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11

Author: SpringBreakers   Replies: 85   Views: 3231

SpringBreakers 85 3231 08 June 2015 at 10:08pm by DivineBlessings
Historical Moment

2

Author: varunx   Replies: 11   Views: 1474

varunx 11 1474 08 December 2014 at 4:31am by ...Dexterity...

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index