Jodha Akbar

..::Doubts & Discussions about Historical facts::.. (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 61

history_geek

IF-Dazzler

history_geek

Posted: 30 January 2014 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Res.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "..::Doubts & Discussions about Historical facts::.. (Page 4)" in Jodha Akbar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

The.Patthaaka.

IF-Sizzlerz

The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 5:11am | IP Logged
@jodah : hello.there is a section in ur post which speaks of hamida not being royal by blood. Which historian's work have u referred to in that para? 
I have read that she was known to the Mughal household because of her frequent visits to the banquets organised by the queens of Babur. so that makes me wonder,why would a commoner be invited to such exquisite banquets? 

interestingly,some believe that Hamida was more keen on marrying another of Babur's son named Hindal and not Humayun at first. Hindal as we know is Ruqaiya sultan begum's father.

Edited by The.Patthaaka. - 31 January 2014 at 5:10am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sreev12ann2012happygolucky099

ann2012

Goldie

ann2012

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Patthaaka.

@jodah : hello.there is a section in ur post which speaks of hamida not being royal by blood. Which historian's work have u referred to in that para? 
I have read that she was known to the Mughal household because of her frequent visits to the banquets organised by the queens of Babur. so that makes me wonder,why would a commoner be invited to such exquisite banquets? 

interestingly,some believe that Hamida was more keen on marrying another of Babur's son named Hindal and not Humayun at first. Hindal as we know is Ruqaiya sultan begum's father.

She did want to marry Hindal. And Hindal her. They were closer in age too. That is why when Humayun proposed marriage to Hamida, she gave him a lot nakhras. And gave her consent only after 40 days of proper courting by Humayun. LOL 

Edited by ann2012 - 31 January 2014 at 10:32am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sreev12history_geekjodahThe.Patthaaka.Mallika-E-Bhais

ann2012

Goldie

ann2012

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

Originally posted by jodah

Originally posted by adianasr

Can anyone tell what this means ----> binai-dar-i-bihist <------- ????
this is some date...Confused...perhaps in persian language.!.

<font size="3">Binai - means a lawfully wedded woman</font>
<font size="3">dar - means treasure or richer or better</font>
<font size="3">bihist - means paradise</font>

<font size="3">I hope this is good enuff!!!</font>

thnk u adi...Smile...

but this inscription was in mughal chronicles...and there it said that this "contains" the date of construction of Agra Fort and palace and contains some 'hijri year' also...only if we read this as a whole. without breaking the words.!...
Confused...so this refers to some date...!..

Binai means vision ,sight
dar means door
bihist means paradise

if i translate the line it will mean something like '' Vision of Paradise '' or '' A door to view Paradise ''

can you provide the orignal Persian line not the english alphabetical one then it will be more clear Embarrassed but if as you saying it means some date there are countings which resemble with these words if i change them little like

Binai or Bihist to Bist then it means 20
dar to dah then it means 10

so if i get the orginal line written in Persian then it will be easy to describe Smile

thnx jodah.. Smile

yes...these lines were inscribed on the door of the agra palace.!!.

Great...so this means door to paradise...
Ok..i ll try to get the original lines...but rare chance...ll try..

let me guess, this inscription must be on the door of MUZ's  palace Embarrassed

Edited by ann2012 - 31 January 2014 at 10:33am

sreev12history_geekSandhya.A

The.Patthaaka.

IF-Sizzlerz

The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ann2012

She did want to marry Hindal. And Hindal her. They were closer in age too. That is why when Humayun proposed marriage to Hamida, she gave him a lot nakhras. And gave her consent only after 40 days of proper courting by Humayun. LOL 

Hahaha. 40 days of courting eh? Wonder how many days of courting would it take for Jalal to woo Jo now in the show Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sreev12katanaann2012Mallika-E-Bhais

history_geek

IF-Dazzler

history_geek

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 10:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jodah

Originally posted by adianasr

Can anyone tell what this means ----> binai-dar-i-bihist <------- ????
this is some date...Confused...perhaps in persian language.!.

<font size="3">Binai - means a lawfully wedded woman</font>
<font size="3">dar - means treasure or richer or better</font>
<font size="3">bihist - means paradise</font>

<font size="3">I hope this is good enuff!!!</font>

thnk u adi...Smile...

but this inscription was in mughal chronicles...and there it said that this "contains" the date of construction of Agra Fort and palace and contains some 'hijri year' also...only if we read this as a whole. without breaking the words.!...
Confused...so this refers to some date...!..

Binai means vision ,sight
dar means door
bihist means paradise

if i translate the line it will mean something like '' Vision of Paradise '' or '' A door to view Paradise ''

can you provide the orignal Persian line not the english alphabetical one then it will be more clear Embarrassed but if as you saying it means some date there are countings which resemble with these words if i change them little like

Binai or Bihist to Bist then it means 20
dar to dah then it means 10

so if i get the orginal line written in Persian then it will be easy to describe Smile

thnx jodah.. Smile

yes...these lines were inscribed on the door of the agra palace.!!.

Great...so this means door to paradise...
Ok..i ll try to get the original lines...but rare chance...ll try..

let me guess, this inscription must be on the door of MUZ's palaceEmbarrassed

yes u r correct..
Will explain more later..

sreev12katana...SoniSona....

ann2012

Goldie

ann2012

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 10:59am | IP Logged

Hahaha. 40 days of courting eh? Wonder how many days of courting would it take for Jalal to woo Jo now in the show Wink

6 months 15 days up till now and still counting LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

katana

The.Patthaaka.

IF-Sizzlerz

The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:05am | IP Logged

6 months 15 days up till now and still counting LOL

hopefully we have enough numbers to count LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top