Debate Mansion

Fact debating or Hypothesis debating?

Poll Question: Which is Harder and difficult to continue?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [14.29%]
6 [85.71%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 4:56am | IP Logged

IS it more difficult to debate on issues which deal with assumptions and hypothesis ....or just to debate on Facts and figures?

By hypothesis i mean assumption of a situation... can we debate on a topic which contain "What if's"... becoz i don't usually see such topics at DM ...Embarrassed i think they are more imaginative and make us feel to slip in the shoe for analysis.

whereas wht most of DMers, including me, go for facts ... evidence.. practical..etc.. is this really an easy "Platform" of debating?

Wht the real question in my mind is.. why don't we put issues infront of us which exist .. but they deal with more intangible scenarios? Philosophy, Spirituality, etc?

Ur comments.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Fact debating or Hypothesis debating?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 6:01am | IP Logged
Hypothesis based debating is definitely more challenging because there are two sides to the coin and no one can really win the debate unless they convince their opponent.

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
I totally agree with T. Hypothetical debate always brings up new points and "what if's" no matter where the debate is going...this is because everyone has different views on different situations and there are always two sides to a topic...so there is a lot more challenge involved in this kind of debate.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top