5 [100.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

HR-DMG4life

IF-Rockerz

HR-DMG4life

Posted: 25 January 2014 at 2:10am | IP Logged
Quite a simple question do you support the method???
I don't, I hate it. I don't understand the point of it because both teams have the same amount of overs so the second team should only need to get the amount of runs the first team got in the amount of overs

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sscomp32rishabgosavi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Duckworth-Lewis Method" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sahil70

IF-Achieverz

sahil70

Posted: 25 January 2014 at 2:14am | IP Logged
D/L dont even understand it Confused

rishabgosavi

IF-Sizzlerz

rishabgosavi

Posted: 26 January 2014 at 4:55am | IP Logged
yes that's true me too can't understood how it works

_Rohit

IF-Dazzler

_Rohit

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 5:44am | IP Logged
I have no clue how it works

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rishabgosavi

sscomp32

IF-Sizzlerz

sscomp32

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
I think i understand the rule. It basically works on the basis of resources available which is wickets.

Like when you have more wickets you can score more runs and with less wickets you can score less runs.

So when a match is interrupted with some overs left, the rule calculates how much more the batting team can score if full overs were completed on the basis of no of wickets lost. And after calculating the rule find out how much the other team needs to score in the remaining overs so that it would stay ahead of the first batting team.

Cry Too Much complications. Wacko

Personally i hate it. It produces some absurd results. Angry

Indian domestic cricket has a better method named as the VJD method developed by an enginner. Dont know much about that but it can replace the D/L method. Many times the enginner has been called by ICC to give a presentation but everytime gets rejected due to some reasons. But for now we are stuck with this stupid D/L method. Ouch

Full details : http://icc-live.s3.amazonaws.com/cms/media/about_docs/518a6ddb1aaf6-Duckworth_Lewis%20Method.pdf

erkushalkhare

erkushalkhare

Posted: 05 February 2014 at 4:04am | IP Logged
India is the second team in cricket history who has lost the game by making more runs than the team playing first.

-Cruiser-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Cruiser-

Posted: 12 February 2014 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sahil70

D/L dont even understand it Confused

D/ L Method is actually the simplest to understand!

Simplest and best explanation of D/L Method is:

Jab doosre ka ghar jalta hai, toh aag ki aanch suhaani lagti hai, bada mazaa aata hai!...Day Dreaming

...Apne ghar ko wohi aag jala daale toh chhaati peet-peet kar rona-dhona hota hai! UnhappyOuchCry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..N3rDyM0R0N..sscomp32

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.