Sensational South

--Telugu Movies Chit Chat Corner-- (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 27 February 2014 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
So I read that Varun Tej (Nagendra Babu's son) is debuting as well!

One look at him and you can easily tell he's related to Chiranjeevi LOL He pretty much looks like Ram Charan, but I think taller 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "--Telugu Movies Chit Chat Corner-- (Page 8)" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Krishna_Laya

Krishna_Laya

Posted: 27 February 2014 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Hey guys.. Im pretty new to this forum.. But not to telugu movies...
When Im from hyderabad and love mahesh to core... I like Prabhas and Pawan too but i am hard core mahesh fan ... Smile

Looks like there are many ppl out here who love telugu movies... 

ILoveDrama

Goldie

ILoveDrama

Posted: 08 March 2014 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by supercool3

One look at him and you can easily tell he's related to Chiranjeevi LOL He pretty much looks like Ram Charan, but I think taller 

Did you happen to see his dialogue delivery, he pretty much apes Chiranjeevi and I saw an uncanny resemblance to M.S. Narayana's (Comedian) son Vikram Confused LOL

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krishna_Laya

Hey guys.. Im pretty new to this forum.. But not to telugu movies...
When Im from hyderabad and love mahesh to core... I like Prabhas and Pawan too but i am hard core mahesh fan ... Smile

Looks like there are many ppl out here who love telugu movies... 

Welcome to the forum and the chit chat corner ! Hug

We have quite a few Mahesh fans here, including myself LOL It's always fun to meet more Embarrassed
and same, I like Pawan and Prabhas as well, along with Allu Arjun <3
But Mahesh always top the lists for me LOL

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ILoveDrama

Did you happen to see his dialogue delivery, he pretty much apes Chiranjeevi and I saw an uncanny resemblance to M.S. Narayana's (Comedian) son Vikram Confused LOL
I actually haven't LOL Just that one day I was browsing through MAA TV's youtube channel and saw a video uploaded with his pictures LOL

Not sure about how the other guy looks like, but Varun apes Chiranjeevi?? Ermm Not sure what I feel about that Confused

PutijaChalhov

Coolbie

PutijaChalhov

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 1:40am | IP Logged
INteresting Article lolLOL from TOI

All the sexist things mana heroes sing...

Hyderabad Times turns the scanner on the rising tide of explicitly sexual undercurrents of loaded lines in popular Telugu songs

Karthik Pasupulate

Say it out loud seems to be the zeitgeist of songwriting in Telugu cinema. From drawing parallels between body parts of actresses and fruits " mangoes, mosambi, oranges, strawberries you name it " comparing the oomph factor to the spicy non-vegetarian dishes " natu kodi pulusu, chicken biryani, etc " everything seems to work as long as it can titillate.
   Our lyricists seem to be at their best dishing out the cheesiest, grossest, risque lines for our "matinee idols" to serenade their leading ladies on the big screen. No exaggeration! Lyricist Bhaskar Bhatla has set a new bench mark for free speech in Telugu cinema with his songs for Heart Attack.
   We have Nithiin imploring a visibly reluctant Adah Sharma to "please show" which is what chupinchandey literally translates as. The song doesn't leave anything to imagination as to what the hero wants to see. "Moothi virupu, visugu valapo, kuluko yedho okati chupinchandey," (an angry smirk, irritated frown, a quirk) and even goes on to suggest "manchi shapelo lekunte maatram kudaradhu gym kelli workout le seyyandey" (it won't do if you are not in good shape, so go to the gym and work out). The Nuvvante Naaku Chaala Chaala Ishtame... number is all about the lead actor begging for a kiss to express his love for her. The
Ra Ra Vasthava Adigindi Isthava, (come come, give me what I want) song goes a step further in articulating what exactly the hero wants.
   Ram Charan-Allu Arjun starrer Yevadu had its share of suggestive lyrics. The Ayyo Papam number had Charan calling Scarlett Wilson things like "jantharu mantharu kanthri raani ekkuvalanni thakkuva kaani nee
front back history
motham thelisina kurranni". (Jantar Mantar Kantri Rani, I know your front and back history). In the super hit Kiraaku number Attarintiki Daredi, his uncle Pawan Kalyan comparing Samantha's lips to strawberries and speech to sweet chocolate singing pedavi strawberry paluku Cadbury and comparing her looks to goodness of grape (whatever that means) in the verse Chilipi chupulo koluvundi draksha madhuri.
   Same is the case with almost every hero in Tollywood whether big or small " they all call women all sort of names from a long time now. Telugu cinema historian Harikrishna Mamidi points out that it all started in the late 70s. "The Aaresukoboyi Paresukunnane Hari song from NTR's Adaviramudu was the game changer. Song writer Veturi Sundararamamurthy's lyrics could best be described as verbal foreplay. The song was a huge hit and the movie went on to be the first Telugu film to gross over 4 crore. That was the genesis of the double entendre laden mass songs and NTR was the poster boy of suggestive songs," recalls Harikrishna Mamidi.
   Suggestive songs existed even before, but they were restricted to cabaret numbers done by Jayamalini and co. "Until then, we had songs like Le le le na raja, Masaka masaka cheekati lo, etc which were usually item songs picturised on dancing girls like Jyothi Lakshmi or Jayamalini, etc. But the success of Adaviramudu paved the way for suggestive songs being picturised on the leading ladies and gradually, even a class hero like ANR jumped into the bandwagon," adds Harikrishna.
   Singer Veturi became synonymous with such numbers even as director K Raghavendra Rao went on pushing the limits of decency with his penchant for the female navel, making it an integral part of his song making style. Soon songs like Aaku chatu pilla thadise, Idhi okato number bus, etc went on to become huge hits and emerging heroes like Krishna, Sobhan Babu and Krishnam Raju continued in the same vein.
   With the emergence of second generation of heroes like Chiranjeevi, B a l a k r i s h n a , Venkatesh and Nagarjuna, the limits of onscreen decency were pushed further with songs like Danchve menatha kuthura (Balakrishna's Mangammagari
Manavadu), Enno Ratrulosthayigani (Balakrishna's Dharmakshetram), Addaratiroyamma (from Chiru's Rickshawodu), Bangaru Kodipetta (Chiranjeevi's Gang Leader), Raika Chusthe... Rajamundry (from Nagarjuna's Allari Alludu), Paruvala Kodi (Nagarjuna's President Gari Pellam), Tadikenduku Adirindi (Venkatesh's Abbayigaru).
   "Veturi borrowed heavily from erotic Telugu literary traditions like Prabhanda Nayikalu and Kavya Nayikalu and his writing had some literary value to it. But emergence of next generation of writers like Bhuvana Chandra Rao changed things dramatically. S a n -
skritised Telugu was substituted with everyday usage and language used by the working classes soon became the predominant language," explains film scholar Kathi Mahesh Kumar.
   Talking sex isn't restricted to Telugu cinema. A lot of international musicians have celebrated female sexuality with their albums over the decades. So when Tollywood lyricists cry foul that they unfairly get branded as being sexist, do they have a point? Mahesh refutes the argument saying, "When pop divas write songs celebrating female sexuality, it can't be termed sexist and can even seem liberating. In Tollywood, we have primarily men writing about women's sexuality. This is why it ends up being derogatory and grossly sexist."
   [email protected]

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabad

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 1:43am | IP Logged

I just googled after you mentioned him..

this is him???

Like a poor man's Ram Charan and he looks like Jagapathi babu.. or maybe it's just this picture..LOLLOL

Edited by -MakhanMalaai- - 10 March 2014 at 1:43am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDrama

ILoveDrama

Goldie

ILoveDrama

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 6:52am | IP Logged

I actually haven't LOL Just that one day I was browsing through MAA TV's youtube channel and saw a video uploaded with his pictures LOL

Not sure about how the other guy looks like, but Varun apes Chiranjeevi?? Ermm Not sure what I feel about that Confused

Yes I was talking about dialogue delivery which actually seemed like he was trying to ape chiru LOL 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top