Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
thanks for the link, the trailer looks very thrilling and exciting 
 and it's by Shekar Kammula,wonder how he does with this genre of thrillers .. He was very good with a political thriller, Leader ! 
supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Wow, thanks for the trailer !

Shekhar's a good director, but he's in need of a proper hit! So I hope the movie works!

Nayan seems to have acted well, but why isn't she wearing a baby bump? ðŸ¤”
premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: supercool3

Wow, thanks for the trailer !

Shekhar's a good director, but he's in need of a proper hit! So I hope the movie works!

Nayan seems to have acted well, but why isn't she wearing a baby bump? ðŸ¤”

I agree with you.. missing the baby bump ðŸ˜†
munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^^ What baby bump ðŸ˜•
In the movie ? is it based on Kahaani ?
sparkle2985 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: munnihyderabad

^^ What baby bump ðŸ˜•

In the movie ? is it based on Kahaani ?

s kahani remake
supercool3 thumbnail
Yes, Anamika's the remake of Kahaani ðŸ˜†

When the trailer started the first thing I was looking for was the baby bump so I was disappointed to not see it ðŸ¤”
-Nakshatra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
They have changed the story line while remaking it. ðŸ¤”
supercool3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Nakshatra-

They have changed the story line while remaking it. ðŸ¤”

Doesn't that kill the point of the movie? ðŸ¤” The protagonist being this pregnant woman was the USP of Kahaani. 
-Nakshatra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
But they had other plans. I will post the excerpt for you. May be he should have developed a new script instead of remaking Kahaani.

Sekhar Kammula speaks on Anamika

Filmmaker Sekhar Kammula, who has remade Hindi blockbuster "Kahaani" in Telugu as "Anamika", says it is always challenging to remake a hit film in any language as it requires adapting to local sensibilities.

"When you're doing a frame-to-frame copy then a remake might be easy to execute but adapting a remake to local sensibilities is always a challenge, irrespective of the language it is being made in. 'Anamika' is not a frame-to-frame copy of the original, it has been adapted to suit the local flavour," Kammula told.

Nayantara reprises the role of Vidya Balan in "Anaamika", which was shot in Hyderabad.

"The film is made in such a way that for all those who haven't watched the original, it will appear as a different film. All those who have watched 'Kahaani' will also connect with Anamika as it is made keeping in mind the local sensibilities," he said.

"I have made changes to ensure the audiences feel that the film is different from the original in many ways," he added.

While Vidya Balan played a pregnant woman in search of her missing husband in the original, Nayantara will not be playing a pregnant character in Anamika.

"The film's premise is about the protagonist's search for her missing husband. I didn't find the need to retain the pregnant part because my film is not a frame-to-frame copy. Nayanthara still had to work hard in her role because she doesn't get to earn any sympathy for being pregnant," added Kammula.

The film, produced by Endemol India, also features Harshvardhan Rane, Vaibhav Reddy and Pasupathy in important roles.

Anamika will be dubbed in Tamil and it is titled "Nee Enge En Anbe".

Edited by -Nakshatra- - 10 years ago
supercool3 thumbnail
^ Thanks!

That's actually an interesting article. And in a way, it seems like a good idea that he didn't retain the character as being pregnant. A frame-to-frame copy doesn't seem like a good idea, especially when most of the audience are familiar with the original.

That being said, this makes me curious about how the climax would be executed. ðŸ˜†