~~Rabir FF:Live, Laugh, Love~~ Chapter 30 @ pg 42 (10/19) - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Wow!!! nice begginng... !!! Waiting for RaBir's first meeting!!! Continue soon!!! And thanks 4 da pm!!!!!

Chapter 3:

January 13, 2014. 10:30 am. KT Creations Office, Benaras.

Kabir has reached the office. At the same time, the 30-minute design period is over and all the shortlisted candidates are asked to go back and wait for the decision in the waiting room. Kabir enters the workshop and Nitya updates him about the interviews thus far. She briefs him about the candidates that she has short-listed and shows the mannequins to Kabir. He examines each mannequin slowly and eventually reaches Rachna's mannequin. 

He stares at the design for a long time without saying anything. Eventually Nitya breaks the silence.

"Is everything ok KT?"

"This mannequin. Who designed it?"

"Rachna Garg."

"Rachna... the one from NYU?"

"Yeah KT, that's her. Honestly I found her to be a bit quiet and shy, I don't think she's cut out for this line of work. She seemed to kind of fade into the background. No personality."

"Ok that's enough of your analysis Nitya. I want Rachna in my office in the next two minutes. Got it?"

"But KT..."

"No ifs or buts Nitya, just do as you're told."

"Yeah KT."

Kabir is sitting in his office with his back to the door. Rachna knocks.

"May I come in sir?"

"Yes, come in. And please, I don't like this sir business, just call me KT."

"Ok sure sir. I mean KT."

"Please have a seat Ms. Garg."

"KT, if you don't mind, I like to be called Rachna, not Ms. Garg."

Kabir laughs lightly: "Ok sure Rachna. Anyways, I like your confidence. Your resume shows that you graduated from NYU and have won many design competitions in the US also. And your mannequin design was also intriguing. So can you tell me why you want to work here at KT Creations?"

"Because I love you sir."

Hearing this Kabir turns his chair around to face Rachna and looks at her shocked: "Excuse me?"

Rachna blushes: "Oh I'm sorry KT. I meant I love your work. I'm a huge fan of your designs and I think you are a great inspiration. I really want to learn more from you but I think I can also bring a lot to this company with my fresh ideas."

Kabir thinks: What was Nitya thinking? How could she say this girl has no personality. She's brilliant! No overconfidence about her accomplishments and so much eagerness to learn.

"Ok Rachna. I think we're done here. You can collect your appointment letter from the front desk. Oh and also ask Nitya to give you the Kapoor file. Read it, memorize it, and be here tomorrow morning at 9 am sharp with 3 new designs."

Rachna was in shock from hearing this news from Kabir. She couldn't contain her happiness so she jumped up and screamed. Seeing Kabir in front of her, she controlled herself.

"Thanks so much KT. I really appreciate this opportunity. I promise I will try my hardest."

"Good to hear that Rachna. I'll see you tomorrow morning bright and early."

"Ok KT. Bye, see you tomorrow!"

With this news, her appointment letter, and the Kapoor file in her hand, Rachna left KT Creations. On her way home, she bought sweets for her family. When she got home, she told everyone the news and they all hugged Rachna and congratulated her!

January 13, 2014. 6:00 pm. Garg House.

Gunjan and Rachna are working together to set the dining table for dinner. Gunjan is telling Rachna about what happened at her college today.

"Rachna, you know my professor said that I should think of opening my own business after I graduate."

"Really Gunjan? That's awesome. So do you have any ideas?"

"Actually yes, I do. I'm going to write up a proposal first though and then tell you about it."

"Okay sis. You just let me know when you are ready?"

January 13, 2014. 9:00 pm. Mayank and Gunjan's room.

"So what's my beautiful wife doing?"
"Oh Mayank, it's good that you came. I'm just finishing up a proposal and I want you to have a look."

"I'm impressed Gunjan? I thought a boy always proposed to a girl but now wife is proposing to her husband? That too on a laptop? Interesting!" Mayank gives Gunjan a quick kiss on her cheek.

"Mayank! You are too much! Come and look!"
"Okay fine, what's up? Let me see."

Mayank reads Gunjan's proposal. Gunjan expectedly waits for his response.

January 13, 2014. 9:00 pm. Kabir's room.

Kabir is sitting in his bed and thinking about his day.

Rachna Garg. Finally I met you today...after 15 long years. What happened to you Rachna? You used to be so mischievous and naughty. Your eyes...ah, your eyes. That's what I remember the most from our childhood. Those big, brown beautiful eyes. Playful  but very innocent. But what was it that I saw in your eyes today? Pain? Sadness? I don't know what has happened to you in all these years but I do know that the only thing I missed about Benaras in all these years is you. Every memory about Benaras used to bring me only pain and anger but when I thought of you, I would become happy again. It's only the memories of you that have kept me going all these years...

Precap: Rachna and Kabir go to a meeting. Gunjan announces her business idea to the family.

So clearly I have made modifications to Kabir's character. I'm not going to reveal too much but let's just say that I have something really good planned for Rabir. Hope you guys liked it! Please do show your support with likes and comments! πŸ˜Š

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
Omg! Brilliant! Amazing! Loved it! Very original! Waiting! Tks
Omg!!! She wants him to call her rachna not miss garg🀣 I wonder how he will react h if she say this in the show πŸ˜†

I love you KT πŸ€£

You are too good.. update soon. Thx for pmπŸ˜‰
Edited by MythilyRaman - 10 years ago
because I love u..oh!!1man i thought abhi toh romance bhi start nahin hua and yeh madam love confess kr rahi hai...πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
interseting and nice..update soon..
Hahhhahahha I love you KT πŸ€£πŸ€£
And KT calling her Rachna!!!
Haiii when are all these gonna happen in the show??
But love your writing! So different and unique! Keep writing more please πŸ€—
Thank you for all the positive feedback guys! β€οΈ
Promise to have chapter 4 up tomorrow! πŸ˜Š
wow yaaar lovely update...!! i love u kt... hahaha... loved it...!!! nxt update jaldi plzzz...! wud b waiting..!

Ok so I have added a few new characters to the story. 

Siddharth Kapoor: Kabir's new client, owner of SK Kollections

Raj Mehra: Siddharth Kapoor's personal assistant, Rachna's best friend from college, had a crush on Rachna in college 

Chapter 4:

January 14, 2014. 8:00 am. Garg house.

The entire Garg family is at the dining table eating breakfast. Gunjan is nervous about sharing her business plans in front of the entire family. She remembers Mayank's reaction from last night in their bedroom.

***Flashback***

"Are you serious Gunjan? You thought of opening your own business?"

"Yeah Mayank...what happened? You don't like the idea?"

"Are you kidding? I love the idea! I think that you could be really successful!"

"Really? Do you think that our family will agree?"
"Why don't you try asking them tomorrow morning at breakfast?"

"What? Tomorrow morning? No, I can't do that. I have to work on the idea a bit more Mayank."
"No Gunjan. It's perfect just the way it is and I'm sure that everyone will like it. Just remember that I'm always with you and I'll support you with everything."
"Thanks Mayank! I love you!"

Gunjan and Mayank hugged.

***End Flashback***

"Excuse me everyone. I want to talk to you about something."

All the family members look at Gunjan.

Shail: "Yeah Gunjan beta, what do you want to talk about?"

"As you all know I will be graduating with my MBA soon. Well after my degree I want to open my own business. I have been working on this idea for some time now and even my professor thinks that I could be successful. What do you guys think?"

Everyone is quiet and just stares at Gunjan. After a few minutes, Gunjan sadly thinks that no one likes her idea. She gets up from the table and is about to leave.

Just then, Dayal smiles and says: "Wait Gunjan beta. Sit down. I want to say that I'm very proud of you for taking this step. So tell us about this business you have planned. I fully support you beta."

"OMG! Thank you so much mausa ji! I can't believe that you have agreed! Thank you for believing in me!"

Rachna: "But Gunjan, what is your idea?"

"Oh right, in all this excitement I forgot to tell you that. Basically I want to open a recreation center."

Seema: "Rec...recree...what? Gunjan what is this?"

"Mummy ji recreation center. A place where kids and teenagers can take classes, play, learn new things, and just hang out. There are lots of these types of centers in Mumbai . When I was little, Mumma got me a membership to a recreation center and that is where I took art classes, dancing lessons, and learned a lot of other new things too. In fact, I was hoping that you all would help me with this business."

Shail: "It sounds like a good idea Gunjan. But how can we help you with this?"

"Mausi ma, you do such beautiful embroidery, you can give lessons. Mummy ji you can teach cooking classes. I could teach dance classes. Rachna you could give art classes. And Mayank you could...umm I don't know what you could do but I'm sure you could help me somehow!"

Everyone laughed at this.

Rachna: "It's a good thought Gunjan. The Garg Family Recreation Center. I'm in...just tell me how I can help."

"Thanks so much Rachna! The first thing we would have to do is find a location to set up the center. I have looked at a few places that have a cheap rent and will be big enough. I will go and look at these places with Mayank. Once we finalize a location, we have to start working on advertising and attracting customers. It's going to be a lot of work but if I have your support, then I know that I can make it work."

Prabhu: "Gunjan beta, we are all with you. But Seema will really teach cooking classes? I just hope she doesn't burn the place down!"

Seema: "Aap bhi na! You always make fun of me!"

Everyone laughed at this joke.

Shail: "Ok ok, that's enough for today. Rachna, Mayank don't you have to go to office? And Gunjan beta you also have class right? And everyone else also has to go to work. We will talk about this more at dinner tonight, ok?

Everyone finishes up with breakfast and they all go to their respective offices and jobs.

January 14, 2014. 9:00 am. KT Creations.

Kabir and Rachna are in the workshop finalizing the presentation for their meeting with Mr. Kapoor. As Rachna is working to make the necessary changes to the designs, Kabir is watching her intently.

Did you forget me after I moved away Rachna? Have you ever remembered me in these 15 years? When I realized that I had to come back to Benaras to do this project, I never imagined that I would meet you like this, as my employee.

Rachna glances up from her work and catches Kabir staring at her. Kabir quickly looks away. 

"KT, is something wrong?"

"No Rachna. Nothing."

"Oh ok. I'm done with these designs so I think we can leave now."

"Yeah, sure. I'll be waiting outside in the car with Nitya. Just come out and make sure you bring the presentation file."

"Yes KT."

January 14, 2014. 10:30 am. Siddharth Kapoor's Office.

Kabir, Nitya, and Rachna reach the client's office. They are greeted by Siddharth Kapoor's personal assistant, Raj Mehra.

"Raj? What are you doing here?"

"Rachna! OMG it's been such a long time! Wow, so you're working at KT Creations now? Awesome!"

Raj and Rachna hug. Kabir and Nitya look at them confused.

Kabir: "Rachna, you know this person?"

Raj: "Oh I'm so sorry KT, I should have introduced myself to you. It's just that when I saw Rachna I couldn't control myself. We have been friends since college. Anyways, my name is Raj Mehra. I am Mr. Kapoor's personal assistant. Please come this way, Mr. Kapoor is waiting for you in the conference room."

Raj leads Kabir, Rachna, and Nitya to the conference room. Siddharth greets the KT Creations team.

"Ah KT, welcome. Please have a seat."

"Thank you Mr. Kapoor. I would like to introduce you to my personal assistant Nitya and this is my design assistant Rachna."

"Pleasure to meet you ladies. Alright KT, let's get started."

KT finished the presentation and the lights turned back on.

"Quite impressive KT. I must say that these designs you just presented are quite new and fresh. I have a few modifications that I'd like to suggest but other than that I'd say that we have a deal.

"Thanks Mr. Kapoor. I'm glad that you liked the presentation."

"So KT, let's get the paperwork done in the next few days. But tonight I'm throwing a party to celebrate this new partnership. I request you to come. Nitya and Rachna, you both are also invited."

"Thanks Mr. Kapoor. We will all be there tonight."

"Ok. Raj will give you the invitations and address. I'll see you tonight then! Bye."

KT, Nitya, and Rachna leave the Kapoor office when Rachna realizes that she has left her bag in the conference room. She goes back into the building to get it when she crashes into Raj who is coming out of the building to give Rachna's bag.

"Oww! Sorry Rachna. I saw that you left your bag in the room so I was just coming to give it to you."

"It's ok Raj. I should have looked where I was going. Thank you for returning my bag. Bye."

"Rachna, wait! Umm...are you coming to the party tonight?"
"Yeah, I just have to ask mummy and papa but I think that they will let me come."

"Oh ok, good. So I'll see you there then."

"Yeah Raj, I'll see you there."

Precap: The party.

Let me know how this chapter was. Constructive criticism is always welcome. πŸ˜Š

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
firstly yipee Me first ... πŸ₯³
Lovely update! Something tells me there is going to be a jealousy track...!! well update sooon!!!!!

Edited by RabirLover - 10 years ago