->Shades of Love<-

.HookandHybrid. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -Laozi

What is love? It is something that words can't hold, gestures can't convey and eyes can't reveal. But it still lives among us and we feel it always. It may be the everlasting love between a man and a woman, the motherly love between an infant and it's mother, the love between siblings, the torrid love between friends, foes and family, the affectionate love between a human and  an animal or the magical love found only in the fairy tales. Love is infinite, it existed before us and will continue to exist after us too.

True Love enables us to see someone with their flaws and still label them as "PERFECT." It is such an emotion where we are willing to forgive the person we love for their every mistake, protect them, cherish them and love them like no-one has ever loved before.

Legends have been encrypted and battles have been fought for Love.

And today, we are here to take you through a journey called Love, a journey where love weaves through many a phases and showcases its many a faces depicted by various Western shows, movies .

Credits:
Angel-Jot.
Yuvika_15
18shabbo
.BadtameezDil.
-BlueEyes-
..eyecatchers..
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

When we think of the word Love, we think of it as a beautiful feeling between two partners... However, Love is not restricted to that between a man and a woman. Love is Universal and exists in different forms other than the romantic endeavour.

We bring to you that Love which touches us through all the relations we form in our lives and moments that we spend surrounded by our fellow earthlings.

P U R S U I T  O F  H A P P I N E S S

The most pure and unconditional love is from a parent to her/his child. They know how to give and expect nothing in return.

Based on a true story, Pursuit of Happiness focuses around the father-son bond.The movies talks about a father's worries for his young son, his struggle to give him a better life even when on streets and how they both learn to adapt and survive through tougher times together.

U G L Y  B E T T Y

Love is not only about loving another individual, but learning to love yourself for who you are.

It is a love which inspires others to follow your suit and not fear of the possible failure in achieving dreams.

Ugly Betty is a fine example of inspirational love, which inspires everyone to love themselves for who they are and that one does not have to be thin and beautiful to find true love.

L I T T L E  W O M E N

The bond and love between siblings is one of the most complicated bonds we share.  

Little women is a famous book based around four sisters who are as different as they could possibly be. Each having a distinct personality from the other, different hopes, different desires, and different dreams but the bond they share is unbreakable.

The story describes their journey from young teenagers struggling in poverty through womanhood, describing the trails, tribulations and joys each of them experience.

F. R. I. E. N. D. S.

You win, I win, You lose, I lose. This is friendship.
True friends are very difficult to find and are rare like diamonds. Friends have bonds stronger than those shared with siblings, so if you are an only child, do not feel you have nobody because you will always have those few true friends who will love you much more than a real sibling could! 😃

The TV show 'Friends' talks about the lives, loves, and laughs of six friends living in Manhattan. 

They bring out the depth and strength of friendship through their light funny moments and at the end of the day teach us what it means to be a friend and how loved just one friend can make you feel.

Edited by -BlueEyes- - 10 years ago
bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Filigreed are the ways of how this all consuming emotion called Love binds two people in a bond beyond the articulation of human perspective. You love another person as your own, place them above all wishes, pray for them above yourself, dream of their happiness, for your happiness becomes theirs.

Ways are innumerable of how infinite Love and loving can be and we journey you through this love called Romance, and its discretion in happening, how when, where and to whom you may never know.

G O NE  W I T H  T H E  W I N D

Love has many a face but passionate, holds its soul to dear. The kind of love that is fierce and all consuming , manic but heartfelt, it happens to the best but for the best or worst is always a far away epilogue.

To love passionately is to know that the world will go against you and your world will stand by you forever. Always.

The most classic depiction of love through a movie-Gone with the Wind showcases us the visual bond of how love turns passionate, earns its value but may destroy the beholder but the fire never dies.

A  W A L K  T O  R E M E M B E R

Compassionate Love binds two people together. It is not a matter of fantasy, or a fairy tale, it is practical. It is not just a matter of infatuation, it is much more than that.

In the book "A Walk To Remember" by Nicholas Sparks, Jamie and Landon fall in love with each other, despite the differences in their personalities. Their choices, their outlook towards life, and their personalities are miles apart, but compassion and love binds them together as one.

F L O W E R S  I N  T H E  A T T I C

Love can be easy but can love be wrong? This love could be because it does not hold in the boundaries of human ethics, it does not crave for righteousness and it never separates into basic classes of relationship acceptance and liabilities.

C.V Andrews explored the realms of forbidden love in his controversial but successful book series "Flowers in the attic," where two siblings, attic bound, with no connection to the outside world, starved to death by their own mother and grandmother, caring for two younger siblings of their, grow from adolescence into puberty and fall in love.

C A S T L E

Does the heart really sing sonnets, the air really start smelling like jasmine, the sun start looking like a fur ball and does a violinist constantly keep following you around? Might be happening to you just about right now but are we noticing? No.

American TV series Castle toys with the realms of blossoming love between Richard Castle and Kate Beckett, in the galore of murders and suspects. They deny and we rejoice, because love has happened.

H O W  I  M E T  Y O U R  M O T H E R

Their life might be full of fun and entertainment and comic elements, but their love is certainly the same as any other form of love, strong and irrevocable.
In the famous television series, "How I Met Your Mother" Barney and Robin meet each other and develop feelings.

Their life takes a turn when they break up only to re-unite later. Their life and the sequence of incidences are a blend of entertainment, love and comedy which makes them unique in their own way.

T I T A N I C

Life is not a bed of roses nor a fairy tale. Things might not always end the way people wish them to...or rather want them to. Tragedy is another form of Love which culminates into sadness. Despite this, there are eons of memories the people can cherish and of course the feeling for their loved one, whom they lost in the course of time.

In the movie "Titanic", Jack and Rose meet on the famous American cruise ship , The Unsinkable-Titanic. Whilst Rose is traveling with her fiance, unhappy with the ties of family, Jack wins third-class tickets of the liner and boards the liner. Beauty meets the reckless and sparks fly.

The Titanic meets its unimaginable fate and sinks and to save his love, Jack goes down too. Their story ends in a tragedy, but Rose has many memories of Jack, which she shall always treasure and value till the end of time.

Love cannot be withheld, suppressed or ignored. It is born to grow and grow beyond to horizons and heavens. Is it not love that the God feels for us too?

These were just a few of the many shades of Love that we bring to you in hope that they rekindle all in your heart again. 

Can you think of any other shades of love other than the ones we have discussed? Please share your examples and discuss away!

"To Love is to receive a glimpse of Heaven" Karen Sunde

Edited by .BadtameezDil. - 10 years ago
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Dark love stories happen to be my favourite.. but i guess that would fall under forbidden. somewhat. =P
krystel21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Barney and Robin, any day. The two of them are just legen-wait for it-dary! Legendary! ❤️
.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
fabulous post!!
mine wud be cute n romantic..passionate🤗
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Titanic my all time favorite love-story. Every time I watch the movie I cry a lot, and the love between Rose and Jack is so pure.
And Castle, the duo are made for each other. The way they stand for each other during bad times and always trust each other

For me the meaning of love is faith and respect for your partner, and these are the base of any relationship.

And amazing thread,  beautiful wriiten each and every shade of love
Edited by kalyani_shiva - 10 years ago
bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Titanic is my all-time favourite love story as well❤️ It has everything I dream of in love, hope I get someone as sacrificing as loving as Jack
Non-existent thumbnail
Ethereal post!😊

Castle all the way...
pontiacbandit thumbnail
I love Titanic and PS I Love You ❤️ I've lost count on how many times I've watched these movies. They never get boring!