Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Firstly highly inappropriate topic. Shahrukh and his being a good/ Bad muslim had been discussed time before. And all comments end up insulting other faiths (especially his wife Gauri who is a Hindu). If Shahrukh married his love and DID NOT force conversion, that makes him a good human being. If he did n ot tell Gauri "hey this is a good Muslim's house and i will throw every Hindu holy book out of the house" would have made him a 🤬 🐷 !! But he "RESPECTS" his wife's faith. Which makes him a good human being, a good husband and lastly a good Muslim.( As Islam teaches to respect other faiths too.......and all he is doing is being respectfull)

Many muslims who live in a Muslim country are unable to understand inter-faith marriages as they are a rarity in their country. While they are common and higly accepted in India. In a good marriage you follow "RESPECT" for your spouse . PERIOD !!

Lastly its not anyone's business to discuss some one's personal religous beliefs.

As for Neelu.Rox wrote and it amused a few members. What she means is , hindus have certian fasts like "Navrattas" 9 fasts or "solanh somvar" or 16 Mondays consectively. These are strict fasts, if you are keeping them , you make sure you follow them all or its better not to start with them if you feel you will be unable to follow them through . By not fasting you are not doing any thing wrong, but by starting a fast and then breaking it in between a devotee is afraid of upsetting God.

If you do not understand a hindu custom instead of amusing your self with riddicules smileys please feel free to ask. I am sure you didn't intend to disrespect the hindu custom.

As for this topic, kindly stop making nasty comments to hurt any religons sentiments.Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 years ago
Innocent_Bachi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Firstly highly inappropriate topic. Shahrukh and his being a good/ Bad muslim had been discussed time before. And all comments end up insulting other faiths (especially his wife Gauri who is a Hindu). If Shahrukh married his love and DID NOT force conversion, that makes him a good human being. If he did n ot tell Gauri "hey this is a good Muslim's house and i will throw every Hindu holy book out of the house" would have made him a 🤬 🐷 !! But he "RESPECTS" his wife's faith. Which makes him a good human being, a good husband and lastly a good Muslim.( As Islam teaches to respect other faiths too.......and all he is doing is being respectfull)

Many muslims who live in a Muslim country are unable to understand inter-faith marriages as they are a rarity in their country. While they are common and higly accepted in India. In a good marriage you follow "RESPECT" for your spouse . PERIOD !!

Lastly its not anyone's business to discuss some one's personal religous beliefs.

As for Neelu.Rox wrote and it amused a few members. What she means is , hindus have certian fasts like "Navrattas" 9 fasts or "solanh somvar" or 16 Mondays consectively. These are strict fasts, if you are keeping them , you make sure you follow them all or its better not to start with them if you feel you will be unable to follow them through . By not fasting you are not doing any thing wrong, but by starting a fast and then breaking it in between a devotee is afraid of upsetting God.

If you do not understand a hindu custom instead of amusing your self with riddicules smileys please feel free to ask. I am sure you didn't intend to disrespect the hindu custom.

As for this topic, kindly stop making nasty comments to hurt any religons sentiments.

i didn't wanted to hurt any one eles culture i just wanted to share

what was in the news so i am not responsable for it

hope u understand

Neelu.RoX thumbnail

As for this topic, kindly stop making nasty comments to hurt any religons sentiments.

Thanks Arpana, Yes, this is exactly what i meant. You put it in better words.

Pachu.P thumbnail

I soo agree yaar!  

Groovychick thumbnail
aparna and neelu..agree with u both!! 😛 😉 👏
and ermm..why are u guys laughing 😕
its the way someone leads their life, u guys have no right to laugh at them!! 😡
neelu, the 1st thing u said was exactly what i was going to say, your parents can force you as much as you want to follow traditions and all that stuff, but at the end of the day, its what YOU believe!! not what ur parents teach you..
uk_princez, aparna di has cleared ur misconception..(thanks a LOT di! LOL)
MARY KATE, if i force you to do something then at the end of the day you have 2 choices, to do what i say or to do what u believe in! 😉
srk is full muslim! i agree with him(prolly for the first time 😕 😆 )
true love doesn't look at religion 😉 it luks at ur personality, a muslim doesn't have 2 marry a muslim, same applies 4 any other religion..but when we seem to marry someone who we believe is our true partner, people like u guys look at them in weird ways...WHY??!!
if half of SRK's house is filled with hindu stuff is cos of her belief, and srk really is a man for not 'forcing' gauri to follow muslim beliefs, its what she believes..and let it be that way..plz

Tina xx
*Faiza* thumbnail

i agree with you! 😊

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: mary kate

hope u understand

I understand you need to share an article/ info. But this topic invariablies comes down to disrespecting Hinduism. 1) SRK married a Hindu and did not make her convert 2) He has Geeta- Ramayan on the same pedestal as quran. These are the comments genereally made.
And we have our Muslim members usuallly go .........😲..........That makes him a bad muslim.👎🏼

While the message it gives to hindu members : SRK should have converted Gauri (even against her will👎🏼) and SRK should have forced Gauri to throw out the Holy Geeta.👎🏼 What a member will understand is you are tering to say he is a bad muslim as he loves and respects a hindu wife.

There just is no way to discuss the post with caution.

Infact you can come to debate Mansion and search SRK , this topic was duscussed and it became un pleasant.
Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 years ago
bubble_gum thumbnail

I understand you need to share an article/ info. But this topic invariablies comes down to disrespecting Hinduism. 1) SRK married a Hindu and did not make her convert 2) He has Geeta- Ramayan on the same pedestal as quran. These are the comments genereally made.
And we have our Muslim members usuallly go .........😲..........That makes him a bad muslim.👎🏼

While the message it gives to hindu members : SRK should have converted Gauri (even against her will👎🏼) and SRK should have forced Gauri to throw out the Holy Geeta.👎🏼 What a member will understand is you are tering to say he is a bad muslim as he loves and respects a hindu wife.

There just is no way to discuss the post with caution.

Infact you can come to debate Mansion and search SRK , this topic was duscussed and it became un pleasant.

Awwww... Aparna di - you stole all the words from my mind!!! 👏👏👏

Anyways, why are we commenting on SRK's religious beliefs? SRK's purpose in his life is to act and entertain ppl in India and around the world. Not for us to say how non-religious he is. He's a great actor, a respectful human being and a good Muslim too and I like him that way.

It's his personal life. He can do as he pleases. He loves Gauri and he respects Hinduism - that means he's religiously tolerant as a person and ppl like me respect him that way.

I'm a Muslim too and I know that some ppl here wud be outraged reading some stuff mentioned here. But to me, as long as it makes him happy, I don't mind. 😉 SRK's my fave actor and he always will be.

dianaansari thumbnail

I agree with you.

cuty_a thumbnail
i heard tht he teaches his kids tht all religions r the same. thats a good thing isnt it?