Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 (Page 130)

aarwen Goldie
aarwen
aarwen

Posted: 02 March 2014 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
I know exactly what you are saying Indi di.. The sanak was just the right amount and Sanaya looked beautiful ..young natural endearingly jhalli.. sometimes there was a bit of even english words in her dialogues, nothing forced and definitely not stupid or silly.. The writers made her character arc this way but our image of her remains in those earlier episodes. Nowadays even her make up sometimes feels too red specially after the remarriage. And all the family had a part, yet for these two nothing and no one else mattered. Its strange right that the IPK we are talking about is actually more like less than half the episodes yet that just had the brilliance to keep us raving and ranting and asking for more.. never feelings satisfied with anything less. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

HorizonJaveria3991indi52sohara

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 02 March 2014 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
^^^
she was lovely. i resisted watching ipk for months because i did not, could not believe a hindi serial could have anything of real excitement in it... i was not being a snob, till then no serial of these days had really appealed even those with decent stories.

i used to lie on my bed with my back to the tv while things carried on giving me a sense of india... i needed that after many years away... LOL

also i was resisting barun.

as hard as i could.

huh some silly boy, so what i get that funny feeling every time i see him... something about him says my mind... but really he's just a useless serial hero... who does he think he is... as you can tell maine bahut koshish ki... Embarrassed

i remember one afternoon i turned around and there on the screen was this crazy looking girl with tight choti, tight weird pompom infested churidar, bizarre colours, and mojri and jhola, talking 3456734 to the dozen, and i said uff another ridiculous serial heroine, how crazy looking is she, what's with the costume...

but i kept watching.

she was such a delight.

naturally truly strange. a real girl, with all sorts of thoughts and things, and a different turn of phrase, view of life.

in fact, in 80, just before the hot arm twisting, her speech on marriage... never have i ever heard such a beautiful defence of marriage, such a real heartfelt understanding... sanaya took her dialogues and made them real feelings of a young girl with innocence, strength, genuine cookiness, lots of guts and plenty happy jhalli. a character who became a person with her.

the loss of this girl hurts. yes the make up is heavier... an accent on prettifying... such a reducing of a genuinely funky person, her light lipstick, her tiny jhumkas matching, her teda choti, her khushi from within, as pagal par cute as her aankhen her baal, her (imagine break in voice) smile. above all, her mind and its crazy connections, its gentle sweet faith in life, its light flowing touch that healed, its refusal to take it lying down, so ingrained that when it showed it felt normal, not like some writers had written her character. (the other day, my husband noticed a scene from another serial by chance while i surfed, he said, oh they are trying to make her do a khushi... this is a man who did not watch ipk... just a few early episodes and yes the august 1 fight.) 

post the decision to marry again, the look went even more strange. her dialogues became duller, she had true sanka, not shrill voiced ott, who forgot that

but we shall always have the khushi we love right upto the wedding... dm is much thanked for that.

Edited by indi52 - 02 March 2014 at 9:03pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

aarwenHorizonDurgaSJaveria3991vandana1965sohara

aarwen Goldie
aarwen
aarwen

Posted: 02 March 2014 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Interesting how you got reeled in Indi di Smile. You actually tried resisting the exquisite anger? Lost battle from the start Tongue.
Sometimes makes no sense how this affects us all to this extent. How everyone here seems to wish with all their heart that Barun do well in his life. How everyone thinks so highly of this character, this show. How everyone agrees Arnav and Khushi together were magic. How we spend hours trying to figure out what each scene, each action, each fleeting second of the show meant.. I have stopped trying to understand this jaadoo and this nasha.. just really happy with the madhoshiyan and that I get to share this piece of my heart with you all here who seem to understand the feeling.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

HorizonDurgaSJaveria3991indi52sohara

Sarah_Asya_Arhi Goldie
Sarah_Asya_Arhi
Sarah_Asya_Arhi

Posted: 02 March 2014 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
Check out my FF!
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3936235

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sohara

sohara IF-Sizzlerz
sohara
sohara

Posted: 02 March 2014 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sarah_Asya_Arhi

Guys please please look at my new FF of arshi worked sooo HARD ON IT PLEAASE :D

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3936235
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3936235#p102160989

PLEAASE LUV YA!

I'll definitely read, when I'll get some spare time.Big smile
.ArshiHamesha. IF-Sizzlerz
.ArshiHamesha.
.ArshiHamesha.

Posted: 02 March 2014 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aarwen

My first try at making a gif. This scene always captivated me, The raw untamed emotions yet the tenderness at the end. This scene felt like what unforgettable novels were made off. And the actors.. Day Dreaming Uff iss pyaar ko kya naam doon?

Rhea this is where my heart says , don't quit dammit.

I made this commitment so many times that I will move on and leave this , not go as crazy as I am now but then again I go back and spend million hrs watching this over and over.Whenever I do the post for the thread , half of the time goes watching scenes.

Thnx  Nice gifClap, but why is it slow, u put it slow or it came like that.Then you can change it's speed to normal.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

indi52sohara

sohara IF-Sizzlerz
sohara
sohara

Posted: 02 March 2014 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
@Arwen~
thanks for reading my 230.
it's my pleasure that you liked the pics and VM. I love to collect Arshi pics, gifs and VMs. you can say, this is my hobby. How silly na, as if I have nothing else in my life other than Arnav and Khushi. My brother always taunts me, he thinks I'm a lunatic and I should paste Barun's picture on my face.

About La, didn't you remember Anjali asked Arnav several times about La, when he just brought La in RM? I think it's on episode-16/17. I'm not sure.

Edited by sohara - 02 March 2014 at 8:51pm
sohara IF-Sizzlerz
sohara
sohara

Posted: 02 March 2014 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

Originally posted by aarwen

My first try at making a gif. This scene always captivated me, The raw untamed emotions yet the tenderness at the end. This scene felt like what unforgettable novels were made off. And the actors.. Day Dreaming Uff iss pyaar ko kya naam doon?

Rhea this is where my heart says , don't quit dammit.

I made this commitment so many times that I will move on and leave this , not go as crazy as I am now but then again I go back and spend million hrs watching this over and over.Whenever I do the post for the thread , half of the time goes watching scenes.

Thnx  Nice gifClap, but why is it slow, u put it slow or it came like that.Then you can change it's speed to normal.

Arwen, is your real name Rhea? Can i call you rhea?
Nice effort. this scene was intense. the chemistry is igniting.
Who wants to move on, Faiqa? I am certainly not, moreover I'm loving IPK even more. Specially when I see other serials, i can feel how unique is IPK and lot better than all other serials. And you know the funny thing is, other serials copy Arnav and khushi scene a lot. that IPK ek baar phir copies scene by scene, though I don't watch that show, but saw pics and comments in FB.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aarwen.ArshiHamesha.

Go to top