Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 101

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by indi52

lovely, aarwen...

both the sufi belief and the thought of how a man wants his woman to love him...

this thing of male and female in the soul... lovely and has a deeper understanding of us and our nature.

meera... i know too little to really delve... but grew up listening to mother humming mere toh giridhar gopala doosron na koye. was also intrigued by this girl who believed she was married to krishna and withstood extreme torture but would not abandon her faith and love...

the whole vaishnava bhakti thing looks at complete love and the submission of the "me" as a way to reach and merge with hari i think... though this is my surmise, haven't read enough. father comes from a practicing vaishnava fam that believes in the gaudia vaishnava way of sri chaitanya. they worship radha krishna together and believe in one god... and there's this whole thing about singing kirtans, being ecstatic and meeting with the supreme one in that state... i just read, gaudiya vaishnavas also "believe that the absolute truth, or god, is all-attractive and has both a male and female nature that is beyond the influences of this temporary world".

Thanks both of you for the dwelling.. Thanks aarwen, loved what you said about bhakthi and rasa.. at the end they are both same..

Isn't it that the devotee is always a female.. seeking to unite with her loved on.. the God.. so goes Meera and sufiism. Krishna and gopikas are the same altho it was looked at a more material way.. altho there is a lot of surrealism there.. gopis being his bhaktas..

That erasing of the "me" in one is an essential part of seeking God in all most all faiths I thought. Many stories convey how controlling one's ego is of prime importance before seeking God. That's what Krishna told Arjuna too  that he is only the performer but not the decider.
Originally posted by wiwy

Hey great to see you here!🤗
Thankoojj.🤗
Thanku wiwy nd katelyn ..I m on board for cmnting 😃
Originally posted by Barun_Gf

Bhelcums, bhelcums...as mamiji would say😃
Originally posted by Barun_Gf

Hi dear!  You are more than welcome to comment!  When you are free, please read the fabulous write-ups too!! 😃
Originally posted by aarwen

Episode 230

From the night of soaring high in love, like Arnav, we literally slip down into reality. Panicky loud Khushi looks on while Arnav is still riled up. Did he think she played another trick which caused him to fall? Well devi maiyya has already played her master move and made him fall in love. It doesn't matter if khushi's extra oil makes him fall on the floor. An almost uncharacteristic outburst from Arnav which lasted but a second... A grimace and calming down once he realizes Khushi was in fact trying to take care of him.

Looks like someone randomly decided we need a lighter tone in today's narration and the resulting snore was simply awkward. But why belittle such an awe inspiring display of love? If Anjali needed to witness Khushiji's concern there were multitude of ways much more subtle to show it than have her fall asleep this abruptly. I notice Payal also always asked Khushi "tum thik toh ho nah?". Of course it neither has Arnav's radiant charm or Barun's impeccable style 😉 ..  though it does have a lot of elder sisterly concern...

Not too far away another elder sister catches up with a worn out looking brother..His hair still greasy ..Anjali reminds chote of Khushiji staying up the whole night to look after him.. "pata hai di".. The faint stress on hai. He does not like it.. an uncharacteristic show of vulnerability.How much all this affects him! Befitting choice of word by Anjali.."Jeevansathi".. her eyes already have seen that this bond of marriage will survive a lifetime. Khushi will remain by Arnav's side to have and to hold , for better for worse, in sickness and in health . One word encompassing all that a wife and husband are to each other.. companions in the journey of life..

The child actor is not too bad.. But why was mami instigating Babli? Payash's saccharine smiles leave me with a feeling of diabetes. Although I quite like Akash and Payal but can we have less sugar piliij..

Near the poolside in their small little world .. an almost demure wife walks up behind Mr Raizada.. tender halting "Chai?" and you can almost feel something ticking in Arnav's brains.. In a deep voice masking hundreds of emotions causing hundreds of emotions "Swami nai kahogi?"  ..calculated expression.."kaisa laga bina galati kiye guilty feel karna?" Unknowingly Arnav gives us a glimpse of what is in his heart. His belief that Khushi deserved all the sadness yet his inability to remain unaffected by it. The guilt eating him up from inside of causing pain. The har baar of how her tears discompose him. And in the foreground the fluid graceful movements of taking a glass of water and having his medicine. Maybe his subconscious self already realizing now he has all the more reason to take care of himself for the sake of one other.

Their hands have to touch because of all the searing untold unexplained chemistry. We hear a familiar strumming of the title song and look upon a flustered wife unsure of where all this is leading. "oh tum pareshan ho ri thi"? The last time he said this in the exact same place it was followed by some of the most breathtaking moments the show gave us. A name on someone's crimson mehendi adorned hand..and a lagi shart which spread a blazing crimson hue on a cheek and kept us all sleepless with dhak dhaks for nights to come.. Khushi can't seem to decide between hurt or anger as she points out how chalaak the man is. "chalaak" nai "shatir" .. after all I am Arnav Singh Raizada ..the pretense of nonchalance.. The hint of a smirk is the only clear sign of the pride he wears in the name he bears and all that he has made it stand for. Am trying to remember if I was convinced that he was lying the first time I watched this. I think I was as clueless as Khushi. Though unlike her I had a strong unshakable belief that even if he was tricking her he must have endured torture each second of the endless night. 

When for the first time I saw Anjali peering from far was wondering what all would she end up overhearing.  Would something else slip from the lips of this estranged couple ? Would the heavily guarded almost forgotten secret of the contract marriage come out in the open? Then for quite some time I thought Anjali herself would be hurt or enraged on behalf of Khushi that Arnav tricked them all. So what happened next was quite a surprise and a really heart touching one at that.. 

I guess whenever Anjali wears this yellow saree she is extra wise like the time she tried to explain to Khushi how her brother did not like display of love but needed it just the same. They are wrong when they say the photograph, a memory of yesteryear, is the only thing they brought with them from Sheesh Mahal. They brought something far more precious.. They brought each other.. And the love that helped both to survive. In one case a love that ensured a person would be able to keep her innocent idealistic beliefs.. And in the other case a love that ensured a person would leave no room for luck..no room for failure.. the certainty to excel.. "matlab?".. rueful and abashed chote stood in front off the all knowing gentle condescending di.. A heavy weight settling in.. constricting breath as he utters an urgent "Khushi?".. An irrefutable irrepressible eagerness to know whatever di has to say about her..  Am surprisingly touched by this beautiful depiction of what some might consider an almost mundane relationship. His sister understands him. "Ab bhi humein humare chote ki jhalak in aakhon mein nazar aati hai".. 

A fourteen year orphaned adolescent could be this thoughtful and dependable. No surprises that the man we see today is this perceptive and selfless. A man who carries all burdens single handedly with such a high sense of morality in his unique way that he was in deep remorse when he did something unjust. Who forces himself to learn to say sorry and mean it. Not just with Khushi but he also apologized to Payal for breaking her wedding and to buaji and amma for unintentionally hurting them. A man capable of facing the truth head on. Be it the decision to tell di about Shyam's treachery or come clean with Lavanya once he realized how unfair he had been about their relationship. A man feared for his anger in office but also revered for his ability. Loyal to a mami whom everyone takes for granted. Kindhearted to a little stranger who wanted pigeons to fly to be reassured that her world would be all right. A man who had confidence to engage in astonishing gentle yet drop dead teasing courting, but also a boy too new and scared to bare his soul to the one he loved still brave enough to take the leap of faith. Ok am definitely digressing now..

We get treated to a soothing shot of a brother and his sister looking into the mirror.. do they see their past? or can they visualize their future? .. A chagrined self conscious feeling of exposure seems to catch Arnav offgaurd ..  On my first watch my mouth formed a Khushi style "haw he was lying?" followed by "yeaaa he said all this to make her feel better".. The sometimes bewildered, often clumsy, spirited when needed and bewitching always was the Khushi who gave him sukoon. Arnav was willing to lie so that his feisty fully of life Khushi came back. Incoherent to his own self and too scared to admit again all that is within his heart he is still ready to damn himself to spare her the guilt. And what cannot hide in the mystic recesses of those eyes or in his slightly awestruck look has been caught by his di. The complicated introvert stands enthralled by the discovery of all that he sees in Arnav's reflection and I gaze on captivated by Barun Sobti's performance.. 

For some crazy reason I get reminded of these lines from a comic book turned movie, Dark Knight .. "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.".. Aranav Singh Raizada does not need acceptance or gratitude. He will silently bear everything and go to any lengths to protect the ones he loves.  And somewhere while watching the last scene a realization has hit me that being good , as the term seems to imply, is highly overrated. You don't require to mouth promises, follow customs, like kids, be kind to everyone around you, agree to conventions or even embrace religion to be a good person or an exemplary icon of love .. it sounds like an understatement but all you need is a good decent heart.. and on this rewatch I am learning this invaluable lesson of life from a 27 year old fictional character Arnav Singh Raizada. At this point actually hurts to call him or for that matter any of them a figment of someone's imagination. In only 20 mins they manage to become more real than a lot of the real people that take up the rest of the 1420 minutes of my day..

Finally Shyam's face in the foreground and sinister music in the background leaves us with an unsettling feeling.. except that we know none of all this that Shyam did was ever significant enough to matter or actually ever made any sense at all..

Insightful 230, aarwen. 👏 Good, thoughtful and apt linkups to scenes from other episodes.Lovely edits too! And mindblowing digressions!😉⭐️ 
A Dark Knight indeed!
He is or tries very hard and is very convincing in the portrayl of  his 'dark' side. But he is also a' knight'... the protector, the keeper, a man of principles, with a large heart under all that iron armour!! 

Edited by wiwy - 10 years ago
Durga Thanks a lot for liking what I had to say about 230 😳. As I was telling Indi di I was quite nervous posting because of so many things I seemed to feel while watching and writing this.. Am glad it all made sense to you..
Originally posted by wiwy

Insightful 230, aarwen. 👏 Good, thoughtful and apt linkups to scenes from other episodes.Lovely edits too! And mindblowing digressions!😉⭐️ 
A Dark Knight indeed!
He is or tries very hard and is very convincing in the portrayl of  his 'dark' side. But he is also a' knight'... the protector, the keeper, a man of principles, with a large heart under all that iron armour!! 

hehehe.. Thank you for the "mindblowing digressions!😉⭐️"  Loved what you wrote above in black.. I was thinking, your FF already had him scaling buildings just like batman 😆.. 

credit goes to the maker

Episode-230

Arnav's mind is a vortex of incisive thought. As much as I'm analyzing his character it seems to me that it's written like a butterfly's wings of gossamer, very delicate and very intricate. He is not ostensible like most of the people, but a very genuine and giving person. He claims that he hates khushi, but despite that he is always around her to ensconce her, or to save her from any distress or calamity. By keeping the facade of the hate mask, he is the most caring soul. And today's episode is all about that. His love and care for his family proved several times that he is a much better person that he let on in the world. And this world of  pretense it's rare to find such people.. Though he is a bit penchant for Anjali, but the circumstances made him like that. He lost too much in his short span of life what made him over possessive for his mother like sister.

Khushi is awe-inspiring; what she has done, she has made him slip on the floor! To give him more comfort she put oil on his head when he was sleeping. But she didn't realize that she accidentally dropped some oil on the floor. After relapsing, Arnav sees the oil there. Apparently he gets flagrant in rage, "are you crazy?" he knows she was doing it all to comfort him, but he is also annoyed at her extra care.

Two Raizada bahus are already in the kitchen, preparing breakfast. Anjali comes there, she is happy that Arnav is fine now. Now they have to take care of his diet and medicine properly. While she was talking with Payal, they hear the sound of snoring. When they look back they see that Khushi is sleeping in a standing position. Not impossible for sanka devi who can sleep in taekwondo style and can eat bowls full of food all by herself! Anjali is baffled to see her like that. khushi tells them that she didn't sleep whole night to took care of Arnav. Anjali gets elated to hear this. She cares her cheek lovingly; finally her chottey's life is settled. He has got the perfect life partner who takes care of him so well. Payal is also worry for her baby sister; she gives her ginger tea. Before taking a sip Khushi thinks that she should give Arnav this tea, so that he will feel better. Seeing such tender love of Khushi for her brother makes Anjali delectable again.

Babli thinks Akash is admirable. While playing scrabble with him she makes this word to describe Akash. This little devil is infatuated to his much older cousin. When Payal intrudes their game time with her breakfast, she gets annoyed on Payal. She is not affable to Payal at all. She addresses Payal by name. Akash sweetly tells her to call Payal vhabi. But babli didn't like this. Akash suggests her to call her bhabs then. Though she agrees, but gets jealous again, when Akash made a word "cute" for Payal. Mami also joins them. Payal wants to make a four letters word what ends with "E". Akash understands it and makes the word "Love" with the letter. What make both Babli and mami annoyed. To humiliate Payal, mami makes the word khoon bhari tang. Mami's act against disgruntled me. It was not nice to humiliate her DIL in front of a kid. What lesson she is teaching to her small niece? But I loved how Akash consoled Payal with a comforting pat on her shoulder. Mami tells Babli that Payal is feeding her fattening food to make her fatter and she will remain slim and trim. She takes Babli with her to feed salad. Akash beckons her a comforting gesture. Before leaving Babli reminds Akash of their plan to watch movie.

So Payal is not that sharmilee, what we thought. She was expressing her love sweetly in front of her mean MIL. Good go girl. Loved your attitude.

Anjali catches Arnav in the hall. She looks scrumptious and content. Khusi awoke whole night to take care of his brother. She also knows that Arnav is aware of this too.

"Pata he di."

How gently he said this with a mixture of annoyance and a bit of admiration. Only my sexy boy can deliver such dialogue so accurately! She is so happy that he chose the perfect life partner, who takes care of him so well. Now she is making ginger tea for him. Arnav cogitates to hear that. He recollects how Khushi took care of him whole night. She atoned more than her guilt. He feels a pang of compassion for her. He doesn't want her to feel guilty.

Khushi comes by the poolside to give Arnav tea. She is still in compunction. Anjali's words reverberate in his mind that Khushi is so concern of his health. His astute mind concocts something. When khushi gives him the medicine he says her,"Swami nahi kahogi." (won't you call me swami?)   His caramel eyes crinkle in humor, playfulness gathers at his lips.
khushi is not in a mood to play prank. She is still in embroilment to play with his health. Arnav wants to delineate his illness fake to her.

"So my idea worked."  He adds wryly with his lips curving humorously.

Khushi perturbs to hear his sarcastic way of talking.

"Now tell me how does it feet to remain tensed whole night long. How is it to feel guilty without committing even any mistake."

He moves away to put the cup on the table and again comes closer to her. there is a sheer conceit in his demeanor.

"Now tell me you know me for how many days? Forget it, sometimes it's difficult to know some people."

He is trying to mislead her. Khushi's ambiguity is increasing.
"Nothing happened to me yesterday night."   He quips her with a sardonic smile, as if he also played prank with her.

"surprise? Right? I did take my medicine. I was not hungry and top it all, I didn't faint as well. Everything was a pretense. pretense, understand?" He says curling his lips derisively. Confusion is clouding the hazel depths.

"hisab jo barabar karma tha. Yesterday whole day you troubled me with your extra love."

He turns back in a perfunctory manner. Khushi still can't believe that he feigned it all. She says in a quick repartee,
"aap kitna chalak ho." (how clever you are!)

"chalak nahi, shatir. After all I'm Arnav Sigh raizada"..he is lofty in his tone.

He moves away, but swivels in an instant to see her expression.

Khushi gazes at him in resentment and a mlange of confused, chaotic thought is running through her mind.

Anjali overhears their convo. She is annoyed to hear his shenanigan.

Anjali thinks to show her brother his real caring nature what is shrouded in secrecy. She brings Arnav in her room and shows him their old childhood pic. This is the only belonging they got with them when they left sheesh mahal. And it's broken. Is it an indication of their shattered past? Faiqa can tell it better. But why didn't she fix it?

"it's been broken like this since then." Arnav adds.

"I don't know what I've learnt in these past days. But one thing I learnt for sure. And that is to catch your lies."

Arnav doesn't get her sarcastic way of talking. Anjali continues,

" some years back, this frame was broken when I dropped it. but you said you dropped it. why?"

Arnav turns away from her to hide his face so that he can lie. But Anjali doesn't let him lie, because she knows the reason; he didn't want to make her sad. The only souvenir of their childhood is broken; he can't make his di tensed. Really, the abyss of Arnav's love for his di is unfathomable. She starts to talk about Khushi. But she can't complete as a panic invades his thought.

khushi, khushi ko kya?'

Finally Anjali reaches to her point. She turns him towards the mirror to see his reflection there.

ajj bhi humari chote ka jhalak in akho mei nazar ate hai. Even today I see the glimpse of my chottey in theses eyes, who just can't tolerate to see his closest people in any trouble or hurt. So to get rid off this feelings, my chottey also can lie. Khushi is in compunction for whatever happened. Whether she doesn't feel guilty, you lied to her, that you were fine. So that Khushi doesn't feel bad."

She wants to make him realize that how much he cares her.

"Even you don't know how much."

Anjali completely enthralled me in this episode. She seems really can read her brother's mind. She always was an astute woman. When Arnav brought La to RM, she asked him again and again, was he sure about La? She knew very well La was not her bro's choice, that's why she uttered that saanse rukhnewala dialogue.

Anjali left after showing him his real image behind the faade. Arnav looks at his reflection on the mirror. Di's words are reverberating in his ears, he is neither able to fathom his own mind, nor decipher the reason behind his pretense. Why he lied to her; not to make her feel guilty! Unbeknownst to himself, she had resided in his heart and seeped deep in his soul, slowly stealthily and with infinite gentleness. So his caring is leaning towards khushi.

Arnav's pretence worked well on Khushi. She is guilt free now, pacing back and forth in her room and talking to laxmi, who is now sitting on their bed comfortably. She is mad at Arnav. Good that he told her the truth otherwise she planned to atone by starving whole day. She doesn't have to starve any more. Her mouth and stomach are back in action. She will go right now to fight with him. Suddenly she realizes that he wants; to make her fight with him. But she will not fight; instead she will be persistent in her loving wife drama. Because she thinks it's really affective.

"Hum uske zindegi mai itni mithas ghul denge ki unki haar saans uske chasni mei dubi huyi mithai ki tarah lage. I'll pour so much sweet in his life that he will feel that his life is sugar coated sweet. Now laad governor will not take diabetes medicine only, he has to take injection as well. I'll win in the next ride. Swami."

She laughs gleefully and puts the dupatta on her head.

Shyam is trying to find a way to get Arnav's locker key. He is trying to sneak in his room when he goes to the bathroom. Anjlai who was bringing juice for Arnav, looks at his room in incredulity. Did she see Shyam?

plz ignore typos

gifs credit goes to tumblr.

the wording of this song is just perfect for Arnav's present state of mind.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GK_FpGi2WV4[/YOUTUBE]

credit goes to the maker

Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
Guys please please look at my new FF of arshi worked sooo HARD ON IT PLEAASE :D

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3936235
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3936235#p102160989

PLEAASE LUV YA!